Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats fantastic work! That model is coming along extremely nicely, the resemblance is uncanny!:)

Tercero, would it be possible if you posted some side shots and back shots, so we can see what that model looks like from other angles? thanks:)

Keep up the good work!

Inspirational. Fantastic work. It gets better with each picture.

Tercero, would it be possible if you posted some side shots and back shots, so we can see what that model looks like from other angles?

I agree.

edit: His face looks a little long. The curve of his jaw should be closer to his ear, and his ears are slightly smaller(refer to the pics).Also his thighs are yet skinnier.

Keo,

Maggie has made it expressly said that she does not want direct links to her site, please edit your post and resepct her rerquest, else we will have no more padawans guide :)

Tercero,

The Tabbards are the strips of fabric over teh shoulders. Anakin has leather ones, and undeneath has cloth ones too.

Originally posted by Primrodo

Tercero,

Did you tighten the sleaves?

Yea I think he did! :( I prefered them baggy!! My main critisism right now fo the model itself is that the head appears to be sitting a little too far forward on the neck. It kind of gives him a thuggish neanderthal appearence... The body itself looks great though!! :D

As most of the critisism seems too be aimed at the head area maybe you could post a large pic of the head shown at different angles? Trying to constructively critisise the models head is hard when viewing those pics with a 1600x1200 desktop!

Also I am more than willing to host those pics for you on my own FTP if you want to send them to me!! :D You can reach me at crashakid@hotmail.com by email/MSN or you can find me in my IRC channel: - irc.gamesnet.net #forumthon

e.g.

anakin_1.jpg

Thanks for the extra angles -Tercero-. :) The model looks fantastic.

You've really captured something about his face, so be careful adjusting it. I think his nose is a little too long. The bottom of his nose is too far away from his eyes, just by a bit.

The leather tabards might be a little too thin. Maybe make them a little wider.

And nice pic Tap[RR]! That's the same display I saw in person at The Brooklin Museum. (unfortunately my camera's batteries ran out before I got to him... 25+ pics of the Yoda puppet will do that ;) )

And yes... Anakin's leather tabards are brown. Honestly, the color they are on the model is near perfect if used with the proper shader. Very, very nice looking job.

If you need help getting him in-game, I know a lot of experts like to see a flat shade render of your model. (I think that's the right term; no colors, just the unsmoothed mesh so they can see that the poly's are set up nicely and planned out properly)

Also, about sound packs, I seem to be making a bit of a living on making sound packs for other modellers and skinners, but I do not have any sounds for Anakin from AOTC. The only ones I've found on the internet have been from the TV trailer and they have way too much music on them. I would be glad to do his sound pack though, if I had a good collection for him. And yeah I spend a long time working on them too, but at least I can give back to you guys in some way :).

-nomad

MTFBWY

I've done a bit more work on the model - mainly on the face again... As for his sleeves, I did tighten them up a bit. I was finding that in 90% of the screenshots I have of him, they were a little tighter than I had them. I also think that he'll animate better with them a little tighter, and it'll make it a bit easier if I ever decide to add a cloak (I wouldn't hold my breath on that one, though... that one would be extremely difficult to pull off convincingly.)

Nomad - I'd be more than happy to have you work on sound packs, but I've unfourtunately been too busy to find any clean rips either. Worst comes to worst, we could always release a sound update after the DVD comes out - that is if the model is even finished by that point. As far as cleaning up sounds, I do have some pretty good software on my computer - I just the lack of time to do it...

I've redone the skin on the face a bit - mainly around the eyes and eyebrows, and tweaked the nose and eyes a bit more. It's really starting to shape up now... soon it'll look like the real thing.

Thanks for all your input, please keep it coming - it's what will make this model be the best that it can be.

And now for the screenies!

The standard update shot...

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin7.jpg

Extreme closeup!

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakinclose.jpg

And flat shaded.

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakinflat.jpg

Hope these help!

-Tercero-

tercero@mailcity.com

Ok, it works now. I suggest going to padawansguide.com, and looking for Anakins close up headshots. From observing your close up shots against his headshots on the aforementioned site, I see that his forehead is too big(long), his eyes are too big(wide and round), the bridge of his nose is too long his nostrils are too wide(it also sticks out alot from the side), and his mouth is too wide. If you visit that site(pic 10/6/00 of the headshots), you'll see what I mean. If I could direct link the picture, I would.

BTW: His legs look better now

edit: Also, his chin needs to be more round.

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin7.jpg

I tried dragging it too.

Try it without jpg at the end:

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin7

Ive just composed this pic out of both your model and a pic i found...

http://www.mathus.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/anakin_2.jpg

As you can see the main thing that stands out is that the models nose is too big! While its length is fine it sticks out too far and is also a little too wide!

Now onto the minor points. If you look at your models hair you can see that the front of it doesnt stick out quite far enough and his forhead is a little oversized. The models Jaw is also too straight and defined compared to Haydens. The eyebrows need lowering slightly to give hime a more brooding look and the ears need enlarging slightly!

Archived