Home

WIP: Tercero-Anakin Model

-Tercero-

Tercero, your latest pic (Anakin10) is just about right. You could leave it like that and be fine. However, if you are a perfectionist, I believe if you move in the cheeks even more, and the temples a little more it will be perfect.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keo, thanks for the feedback - heh you got to see Anakin10 before it was even posted - I tried to do it before work, but the forums were down so here it is...

http://www.geocities.com/tercero_bootleg/anakin10.txt

or if that's down, try

http://www.geocities.com/anakin_tercero/anakin10.txt

As far as the perfectionsist thing, I'm guilty as charged. I'll probably still be working on this model long after it is released.

Elessil - I do appreciate the offer, but I UVmap my models as they go, using this to line up textures on the fly, and having someone else skin it would take this ability away. I would however really appreciate it if you did some skins of other jedi or even another Anakin skin once the model's UV's are finished, so just tell me the format you want it in and I'll send it to you when it's finished.

Thanks for all the support, and keep the feedback coming!

-Tercero-

tercero@mailcity.com

Toonces - I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me get this puppy in game - it'll be a while before I get it finshed, but if it would help with bone weighting or anything, I could send you the unfinished version so you can start playing with it.

Oh, as far as sounds, Deetox sent me a great soundpack with 3 custom taunts. The audio quality isn't perfect, but I might be able to clean it up a bit. The hit and jump sounds are really good - they'll probably wind up in the final model without much alteration.

I'm going to try to finish tweaking the head in a day or so, and then I'll move on to skinning the body and finishing up modeling his accessories.

Oh, and if anyone knows of some good, easy to follow shader tutorials, I'd really appreciat a link. I have an idea of what I can do with shaders from texturing render projects, but I'm not quite up to snuff on how Q3 engine handles them.

If I figure them out well enough, I might also release a couple saber models that are pretty shader heavy (reflections, lights, bells and whistles, etc...) -namely the ones he used against Dooku in the movie, as well as his own.

Keep the feedback coming - it's really starting to shape up!

-Tercero-

tercero@mailcity.com

Shaders on a skin, eh, Tercero... You ARE a perfectionist ;) What kinds of shaders you thinking about doing Tercero? Also, could you do some work with the braid, just so he can look ever more like the padawan Anakin:) The model looks fantastic..

Andy, for one I want to do shaders on the leather to make it look a little better - something along the lines of Vader's helmet in SithlordII and Cheshire's model. I might also do some on the belt, to make the belt clasp, food capsules, and pouches stand out a bit more. Maybe also on the boots - something like the leather one. The textures are small, so it shouldn't be too big a deal on hardware performance. Oh, and as far as the braid, it'll probably be one of the next things I work on.

Heh heh - with a little dismemberment, you'd have your kid Anakin - what was that server variable again?:D

As far as saber shaders, I was thinking about making it shiny, and having the little lights on it light up (the power indicator).

My perfectionism reaches new highs as the men in white come to take me away:eek:

Ah, well - back to work for me... he will be the most photo-realistic jedi model ever!

-Tercero-

tercero@mailcity.com

Looks really awesome! Keep up the great work! I'm starting to believe that there would be not the slightest detail for me to change, anyway! :)

Just one thing, I'd suggest saturating his hair a little more. The brightness looks about right, but it looks a bit grayish.

If you need any reference shots of head and costume, I uplaoded some for you on my webspace:

http://elessil.members.easyspace.com/anakinref

All shots are from the original costume/actor, except costume10, which is a fan made costume, but I believe it has very good detail.

It's all good Tercero, I'd be happy to help you out :) If the model itself is uvmaped I can segment it and begin to rig it for JKII. If you havent finished the uvmaping yet it's probly best to wait till your a little further along to do all that because the uvmaping often removes the settings in the skin modifier

Toonces

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com