Home

Creationism vs Darwinism

C'jais

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm..this thread brings back bad memories...

One of my friends last year was an Athiest..and the majority of my other friends had a religion...

We got into big arguements over God vs Science...

I do believe some things in the bible were bs..like Adam and Eve did not exactly happen...it was a representation of what God really did do. At the time the bible was written the people had no form of advanced science...meaning they had no way of explaining the true events of the bible. I still cannot see how humans were created by chance; by a few thousand hydrogen atoms in our old sun exploding out into the galaxy....

There were too many factors that went into our creation; no way we were created by chance.

And no matter what a science teacher may tell me...symetrical beings are not simply a product of our gravitation pull..

Originally posted by Darth Yoda85

I believe in my religion because there have been miracles worked and recorded in history.

Miracles are not interesting: They are spontaneous, one-time effects, that cannot be predicted. Even if they do exist, which I doubt, I cannot see why they are relevant to anyone at any time, save the person(s) that they happen to at the exact time that they happen.

Originally posted by Darth Yoda85

religions ppl tend to be more generous and thoughtful of others. They are role models and live a good life, most of them.

You ought to read the history of the Middle East.

Originally posted by Qui-GONE Jinn

It seems like some people here are viewing theories as proof. Let me remind all you scientists that to prove a theory totally wrong, all that's required is one evidence against it. Then the whole thing crashes down. Be careful to build your lives on such "accepted" theories, you know?

The trick here is: 1) When iconsistencies are found, scientists alter or scrap their theories and replace them with better ones.

2) You have to be even more careful when you base your life on faith, because you can use observation and logic in that order, mind to judge theories, whereas you have to rely on priests to judge faith. And priests can do some pretty nasty things, when backed by enough zealots.

Originally posted by Rogue15

As well as dinosaurs in the bible (read last chapters of Job).

Still, I have seen no plausible account of how the dinosaur skeletons managed to petrify in the six mere millenia (or something like that) that the Bible operates with. That's not possible, save through a Flesh-to-Stone-spell so big and ugly that it has never been observed. Even Medusa would have her work cut out for her.

Originally posted by ZDawg

Yes.

No.

Simple enough?

Yes, very good.

So, now, if we find some way to make you believe the fact that the earth is a lot older than the bible gives account for (a million years old fx), or to prove that evolution does exist and new species are evolving this very day - you will believe us?

Whiteraider, show me an evolutionist sane enough to state that the earth is only around 6 thousand years old, please...

Creationlists are not a logical bunch of people as you may have noticed. It's impossible to win, or really even to carry, and argument with them because arguments are based partially on the application of logic, of which creationalists have none. Once you start making valid points, they need only to fall back on "faith", or "Well, your going to hell." If they want to believe a big book full of myths and legends, written by men sillier then they are, more power to them.

See....sometimes Athiests can be downright nasty..some times religious people can be nasty...

This thread is just Religion vs Athiesim...

Impossible to settle anything....

Only results of these arguements will be chuckles for the Athiests..

And...btw...You could say i was an Athiest last year...started thinking alot about all the crap i had been taught in church, and in my catholic group for grammar school...

I think science actually reinforced my faith in God...It's just really hard to explain; I chose my path, I'd rather believe in something that could possibly be untrue...then believe in nothing and argue about people who believe in something...

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

White Raider, why do u try and debunk every other form of science, isn't that dragging in other sciences into what is Evolution v Creation, not Science v Religion.

So, where is your belief of science when you step inside that of a 747, and what holds it up, strings? Science is a load of hogwash, according to all of your anti-science posts........................

Who says I debunk them? I am useing science in all my post. Just because it is not your science doesn't mean it is not science. You guys are the ones who think I am "Anti-science". You are judgeing that I am anti-science because of my belief. Stop IT!!!! I know science is real!

I drag them in because they are part of the debate. Chemicals last time I check are needed to get a life form right? So those are part of it. I don't disprove it all I only try to disprove those that are not proven.

Lift holds the plane up. I believe in science. I believe that God made it. So why do you think it is anti-science? You are the ones trying to seperate the two. Heck I don't even need to bring religion into the matter I could fight you guys completely on science alone.

Math alone does not agree with you guys. Odds of the first micro animal(5.34 X 10/13 power) happening even over 15 billion years are very small that even to get one evolution is a rare event. And yet you guys expected millions? How does math prove your theory there? You guys are forgeting to prove how to do this. You must prove each step in order for it to be true. And yet you have yet to prove even one.

And how is asking questions when your stuff does not fit into science "Anti-science"?

Originally posted by Woodrodius

Creationlists are not a logical bunch of people as you may have noticed. It's impossible to win, or really even to carry, and argument with them because arguments are based partially on the application of logic, of which creationalists have none. Once you start making valid points, they need only to fall back on "faith", or "Well, your going to hell." If they want to believe a big book full of myths and legends, written by men sillier then they are, more power to them.

Oh realy? What is logical about evolution? The fact that almost all branches of science disproves it makes it logical? Math disproves it and Biology has almost completely disproven it.

Once you start making valid points

And what points are those? You give me stuff with no back up. So what makes them valid?

anyone remember Jonah and the whale

A man over in India was eaten by a whale and spit out 3 days later. His skin was pure white from the acids and he was very weak, but still living.

Maybe regligion is too a theory?

Ah, but at least I try to prove it. No one here has given me proof that things did evolve.

Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

Oh realy? What is logical about evolution? The fact that almost all branches of science disproves it makes it logical? Math disproves it and Biology has almost completely disproven it.

Show me some proof here, as to which scientists and biologists disprove the theory of evolution. I want names.

Math alone does not agree with you guys. Odds of the first micro animal(5.34 X 10/13 power) happening even over 15 billion years are very small that even to get one evolution is a rare event.

You still have not explained where you got that figure from, nor what time interval it covers.

Whiteraider, youre spitting out all this stuff about dinosaurs in the bible, science disproving evolution, christianity having solid scientific evidence, evolution having no base...... but wheres YOUR proof?

You keep asking for proof from us. I gave you some. we all did. I explained the beginning of life. You disregarded it with no reason.

Cut us some slack man. How bout you acknowledge that we've been holding up our side of the debate pretty well, and you show us some backup for all your bs claims.

This is going nowhere... both parts are just saying "proof", then "re-proof" then "proof" again. We're not going anywhere.

Just a point here, does being a evolutionist mean that you can't have a religion? Is being a creationist mean that you can't believe anything that science has proved?

All I'm saying is... when reading for example the Genesis, you are allowed to use your good sense. much in the bible is metaphorically written

And you can't believe that everything in the genesis is true, to the letter? I view the entire genesis as a metaphor, to explain uneducated people the might of god. or something along those lines, I'm tired..;)

Oh, this is going somewhere. Shadowtemplar and I will do a thourough proof search when we get the time - this isn't finished, especially not when whiteraider says we haven't even presented any real proof yet :rolleyes:

If the genesis, or even the bible as a whole, was written as a metaphor, then why did everyone believe it was a written fact? Every Christian believed the genesis and everything else was pure truth - just until recently.

If you do not belive in evolution

then how can you explain that few bacteria grows resistant to antibiotics?

(this is not a theory, this is a proven fact)

Almost all of them dies when you use anti-bacteria stuff, but a very few manages to get resistant against it, and they are really dangerous.

How can you explain this without evolution?

I read the first post and a few others but I'll put in my 2 cents.

The only thing sure about evolution is that it shouldn't be taught in schools!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't stress that enough!

I believe in Creation.

did you know the sun shrinks five feet every day. Well logically if you add five feet every day you would know how big the sun was at a certain point in time.

If you add five feet to the sun's diamiter every day for a few million years the sun would have been so big it would have melted all the planets in this solar system.

Science does not prove evolution, evolutionists get alot of numbers when performing the tests to determin how old somethin is and they pick the numbers they want. Science? you call that science? Hell I could do that and I'm no scientist.

nuff said.

by the way, for all you evolutionists, how do you tell what time period a fossil is from?

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

This thread is just Religion vs Athiesim...

Only results of these arguements will be chuckles for the Athiests..

Not necissarily (I hate spelling that word!) I'm Catholic, most of my friends see me as a pretty religious one, and I still believe in evolution. God, created us (and all other forms of life). He just took a very long time. Most people (with science-based beliefs) call it evolution.

And, I don't know, I'm getting quite a few laughs out of this myself.

Originally posted by Mandolorian54

The only thing sure about evolution is that it shouldn't be taught in schools!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way, for all you evolutionists, how do you tell what time period a fossil is from?

Evolution is the accepted belief, it's science and even religious people believe in science, although some may view it as evil.

Scientists can tell how old a fossil is from how far down it is in the rock and the type of rock that surrounds it. And that's just one of the simplest ways.

did you know the sun shrinks five feet every day. Well logically if you add five feet every day you would know how big the sun was at a certain point in time.

If you add five feet to the sun's diamiter every day for a few million years the sun would have been so big it would have melted all the planets in this solar system.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot now.

Where did you get this very important piece of information from? Scientists maybe? Maybe even scientists who worked their arse off, so you could use their work to argue that all they do is pick numbers?

If all science is, is picking numbers, then you'd still be living in the stone age my friend.

Along with any other religions.

But yeah, I have been wondering something.

How do we know that evolution isnt god's way of creating us? I mean,it's logical, he could've givin us the chance to be created.

It'd be his way of making us. I am against religion mostly because they focus on what a un-proven book says and dont try to question thier faith(if you dont question your faith,then that's being a little ignorant).

And as for Krillian, Religion is crap too.;)

Archived