Home

Hitbox issues in 1.04 just amazing.

Fluke

in MP I'm telling you these hitboxes blow donkeys. I don't know what is wrong with this game but time and time again, my sabre goes right thru the waist of the enemy does nothing. Not even a puff of smoke. I think this is a little ridiculous especially after I am running away from this and clearly see his sabre miss me, yet takes out complete shields and 40 points of health. I was using the strongest of sabre, there is no way the guy should have lived.

This sounds crazy to me. This game has some severe issues and I am hoping I will be told, you know about these things, and a patch is coming out shortly.

Man, I got a decent gaming machine and cable internet, it most certainly is not an issue with my computer. It happens when I got a 40ms ping, it happens when I got a 110ms + ping.

Is there a patch coming to fix this. The only solution to this I found so far is the Pro Mod and Jedi but come on! the developers can't leave the game like this... I hope not.

Anyhow, I look forward to your comments. :jawa

Just came across this post.........

You are so right. The hitbox issue is a problem but if the owner of the server has 5 minutes and a half a brain this can be corrected! When it is the game is far better...your saber hits you do damage, it missses then you walk away. PERIOD! Here are the settings for that:

g_dismember "100"

g_saberboxtracesize "-1"

g_saberdmgvelocityscale "1.5"

g_saberdmgdelay_idle "150"

g_saberdmgdelay_wound "0"

g_saberghoul2collision "0"

g_sabertracesaberfirst "1"

_saberalwaysboxtrace "1"

g_saberLockFactor "4"

There ya go......if it helps it is server side.

I appreciate your input but unfortunately the odds of the servers seeing "your" post on this and doing this to their servers is pretty hopeless. It just happens too much. Lucas or Raven have to put some kind of game server profiles in. There are people out there with awesome servers but have absolutely no console knowledge so you have to make the dumb options for them. No insult intended but if it ain't in their face, don't expect anyone with fantastic connections to get their servers properly configured.

If you can't assume the person on the server side is clueless how can you expect/ensure properly configured servers.

There should be an option.

Maximize my pc for game server environment and dedicated 100% of my upload download bandwidth to this server.

Unfortunately game makers assume people have some intelligence or willing to learn this custom stuff. They don't realize the reality that there are a lot out there that don't have the time for trivial stuff but are willing to offer their good network connections. It's a shame really.

Archived