Home

Fellowship Of The Ring Extended DVD Edition

Eets

That's right, you're reading the post of a proud owner of the new LOTR DVD Set that is due for release next tuesday! :D

How did I happen upon this, you ask? Well, I had to make love to at least 5 video store owners, and.. heh, no. It turns out that my local Blockbuster store is completely ignorant of release dates!

There are some bloody hilarious new scenes in the film, and some great new action, but I won't mention those here since Rhett would most likely rip my *insert body parts here* off.

I can live with that..

When they show you Bilbo writing his book, he goes through the shire and explains how Hobbits live. The most hilarious part is when you see this ass-ugly hobbit trying to pull something out of his ear. Finally he gets it out, and he's trying to shake it off his finger, all the while with a HILARIOUS "stupid" look on his face. And a little while after the camera shifts off of him, it finally comes back to him and you see him still trying to shake it off! :D

Also, there are some great new action sequences, and the only one i can remember is with the troll.

Oh! Yes! That was awesome!

In the original version of the movie, you don't see Isildur putting on the ring, you just see two orcs shoot some arrows and then a bloody, arrow-filled corpse is floating downstream. If you hadn't read the book, you'd think they dragged him into the river.

I was expecting that to happen, and so when I saw Isildur running away, I wanted to know what happened to the orcs that should have shot him already. What happens is, he jumps off the carriage, puts on the ring, and you see the grass parting in a path to the river, where he jumps in. Upon jumping in, the ring slips off, and you see it start to fall downward while Isildur reaches for it. Then you see the two orcs shooting into the water, and then there's Isildur's bloody corpse once again! ^_^

Actually, two are for the movie. :)

Since it has so many extended and new scenes, it's divided over two discs. The first part ends right after the fellowship is created.

The other two discs are documentaries that I haven't bothered looking at yet.

Originally posted by Eets

Actually, two are for the movie. :)

Since it has so many extended and new scenes, it's divided over two discs. The first part ends right after the fellowship is created.

The other two discs are documentaries that I haven't bothered looking at yet.

o man i hate 2 discs

this realy sucks

i was wating so long for this and then you get a movie wich is split in 2

:ball:

Originally posted by Eets

Meh... Quit yer bitchin. It's not that bad. It's like taking a small commercial break.

I don't mind the commercial breaks.........with such a long movie, I'll have to take a break myself anyways. :)

Not too much longer ppl........:D

Archived