Home

This game really s*cks...

Einstein72

Sorry, but this game is a beta in my book. Can't seem to get it stable on P3, P4 or Athlon 1400. OS from 98SE to XP. None of them gets a stable enough result. Combined with load times and relatively bad graphics (snowflakes are full pixel white, now come on!) make this game a no-go.

Spend your money elsewhere, this is a pain-in-the-ass kinda game that reminds me of the irritating buggy 'Crimson Skies' that Microsoft dared to release.

PS Download the demo. Most of the time that won't run either, so you know when not to buy the full game which is even buggier...

Sorry, Lucas Arts, but your games seem to be as good as your films... Walt Disney couldn't have done it any better...

You could not be more right. The problem with JK2 is that it was intended to be a backup to Obiwan. In late 2000 Lucasarts had said they were working on new pc game called obiwan. Then in summer of 2000 lucasrts said they had cancelled obiwan for pc and was making it for xbox. So the execs at lucasarts had to come up with somthing quick and easy to meet the demands of the gamers out there. What came out of this mess was a lackluster game called Jedi outcast.

ya that's great and very informative, but they still have to fix the game. This game has ridiculous hit system. I don't know if they were smoking drugs when they were testing, but I find the obviousness pretty hard to miss.

I left early in 1.3 because I didn't like the way the damage system worked, then 1.4 came and I said just F it, wtf are they blind? It's even worse now! Again, this is a Raven, they have problems in all their games. Starting with Soldier of Fortune. SOF2 came with beautiful graphics but the "cough cough" goul system stinks. Doesn't even work in MP. Prediction stinks, and I bet my bottom dollar, this game suffers the same fatality. Prediction and Hitbox issues.

Fix it and make this game worthwhile again, Lucas or Raven, whoever the heck supports this game.

I really have to question myself next time i go to the store and it turns out to be a Raven game.

Thanks.

You guys are all nuts.

I run a JK2 server with no problems at all! The game runs smooth as silk on my WinXP AMD2000xp Abit board system. I even play and run the server on the same box!

As for the damage and aiming in the game that is up to the server. The problem is too many people out theer do not setup the server right and it leads to all kinds of problems.

You MUST adjust the damage and blocking scales in the game to make it run perfect. As for a beta.....no. Does it need a few tweaks? Yes...but the server operator can do everything that is needed to make it run perfect. Come to Crazy Yoda to see what I mean. I have changed the following:

You cannot block a backstab attack. The damage is much higher...if you get hit with a CLEAN shot you will die.The box size of the saber is no the entire length of the saber...no more dfa kills for 3 feet away. You must land a hit to get the desired effect.

There are major differences in the damage of the blue to red stance. The red stance has been increaed to make a single clean hit cut somone in two. The spinning backstab from 1.03 is still nerfed and you must land an exact hit with a backstab or sweep to do the damage. No more hits from 2ft away.

All of this was dne withjust a few server side cvars and the gameplay is first rate! Give it a try!

well then the ease of setting this up should be there without the requirement of the console. I don't have time and probably lots other people dont have time to go through the ordeal of fixing things up. It's hard to get into a game when I continually see my sabre go through my oponent without receiving damge from his and he continues on. I've done this in the strongest sword stance. It's ridiculous and plainly obvious, I can't understand how it is not fixed. I figure Lucas would not want people to have to sit and use console commands to tweak a server. What about profiles or some other means of generalized settings for viewing servers. There are mods but it is almost hopeless to filter them or recognize them. So far I have enjoyed the Pro mod which is how I'd personally like JK2 be with damage. At least you hit someone and it has an effect.

JK2 right now is just pure fake and based more on luck than skill. Fanastic you know how to do the moves but it's always 50/50 if you hit the person. Just watch the outcome of matches and you will notice the damage inflicted on both parties is almost always equal. I don't know, I just find that very fixed and not necessarily fair. I don't speak for myself, but I speak for all the matches I have watched people getting robbed in spectator mode. It's just horrible because I like the game but it is hard to swallow after sometime. The urge to play disappears.

:(

I am not sure how many game servers you have setup, if any, but ALL games and game servers require tweaks before they run right. From CS to Quake to RTCW they all have bugs in them that the server owner must fix in order for it to run right.

The reason the sword damage and the animations are the way they are at this time is due to all of the whining by the JK2 crowd in general. Most wated to have "movie" duels where they did not die in three seconds flat, so they changed it for the worse.

I know your pain but if you take the time to look you will find good servers. Mine is Crazy Yoda, I run adminmod and Jedimod with all of the fixes in the game that I can do. From upped saber damage to a smaller and more accurate box trace for the saber.

Just look and you will see a few good servers that make the game worth playing. A sure fire fix is to play Promod. This is a very different version of JK2 but has many bug fixes in the mod so that the server owner doe not need to know how to tweak the server, just load the mod.

Good luck!

Here's my problem with JKII.

1-All the newer games like battlefield 1942 use a random bot generator-so essentially you never play the same game twice.

2-In multiplayer the use of force powers are just ridiculous. very rarley were these powers used and some are just goofy. I would like to see more balenced TEAM game play. Like in RTCW- i have played in games where its 20 on 20 (i have an old nvidia card and i get NO slow down......). Man let me tell you how much fun that is. Where in JKII those damn FFA are fun for about 3 seconds. I feel that it gets VERY boring after a short while.

3-I would like to see a choice of character-even uniforms. Wouldn't it be cool if you could steal a stormtropers armor and sneek around and have the enemy see you as one of their own???????

4-And a message to Lucas Arts...... I WAS very excited about SW-Galaxies. YOu should have made one change. Don't limit the players to ONLY 6 species. It would be very cool if you could be any species in the game. Talk about always having to be on your toes!!!!!!!

5-Please will somebody come up with a great MODABLE space sim???? Its been a waste land since Violation passed on making FreeSpace 3......

Ok here's my final post on this topic. Why is it that purists can't take ANY criticism at all??? This game is lacking on many levels. Trust me, I bought the game the day it came out and played it day in and day out for months. I like it, But looking at all the games that are being designed and published by lucasarts for only certain other consoles shows me that just like EA games, the publisher (lucasarts) obviously doesn't listen to the fans.

Just another insight- why is it that all these newer games are bloodless??? Medal of Honor, battlefield 1942, JKII.....

Last time I checked when you launch a missle from a missle launcher at someone they blowup!!!!! Yeah yeah you can cut guys in half, chop off their legs, ect. BUT-I wanna see carnage!!!! If you're worried about the kids just design it so that you have the option for carnage installed or in a patch.

PS if I can't mod it I don't wanna play it.

PPS my JKII single player is so heavily modded that when I see Kyle in screenshots from other users I think its some Nerf herder who's a little light in the loafers.......

To summarize again better than original post of mine.

- the mp damage is really dumb. you can see clear hits that as spectator you dont witness any damage. If I'm not hitting him, then I shouldnt see my sabre go clearly through him

- if i want to enjoy myself, there is sometime someone running the Pro Mod which is more like what I thought this game would be like by default. But come on, the current default damage is horrid and most server run with it.

- you get these morons who spend their time running away from you on servers with no time limit or ridiculous time limits of 30 min duels

- people can only have one Taunt... that sucks... I want more taunts

- sometimes special moves fail to work even after continual attempts

- server setup and tweaking is for people with lots of time. I want a nobrainer interface that goes a little further than the current one. With direct ability to change damage scales. These damage ratings or settings could be displayed upon a person joining the game. I don't have a lot of time to constantly tweak my server and get it attractive to people...

- Darth Vader model. Come on... where is it!?! I don't care if he's dead. Bring him back!! I don't like any of the user made ones, i want a clock that flops around not glued to my back.

Archived