Home

About Phantom Menace

Zygomaticus

Yeah. It was okay, but ROTJ and the Death Star battle in space takes the cake. Also PTM featured horrible humor. I really didn't find too much in there funny such as I did with the quick jokes in the original trilogy. In my opinion that is the big thing that the Prequels lack. Humor and a kewl smuggler...and a wookie!;)

uhm... well....

let me put it in these ways:

Positive:

The music...... IT ROCKED!

the Jedi battles....... extreme cool (especially combining with the music)

The battledroids.......... looked realy cool

The space battle............ real good

The surroundings............. Theed was beautiful

Negative:

Jar jar was getting on my nerves farther up the movie

Again with tattoooine.. its like the movie goes around on that planet.... i wanted to see more.

Boss Nass agreed with the stupidest reason for pease and willing to sacrifice all his men for it.

Jake loyd...... need i say more :p

Episode 1 is more of an apatiser (sp?). it is not my favorite movie.

My 2 cents

-Wraith 8-

I think the first think that really stuck out in my mind as being cool in Episode I was the dominance of the Jedi. In 4-6 we only have Obiwan, Yoda, and Luke--with Obiwan dying in the first and Yoda being a secluded hermit. Vader still has his dominance, but he's a Sith at this point, not really a Jedi.

Not only do the Jedi have the power structure throughout the galaxy in TPM, but they show their power in fighting. I absolutely loved the aggresive deflection of blaster fire. In the OT we only see them really using the saber to deflect bolts. I think only in one shot of the OT (on the sailbarge in RotJ) does Luke actually direct the bolt back at the person firing. But in TPM we see them doing it almost constantly, and throwing force pushes around as well. Too cool. :)

Kryllith

TPM was a good movie, with extremely bad acting and dialogue. I forgive all the faults of TPM for the Duel fo the Fates at the end :)

Don't forget that it's TPM that brought this new style of fast-paced, extremely well choregraphed lightsaber battles. That alone makes the movie an essential part of the saga.

maaan....i got the aotc dvd and now am beginning to think tpm was better when it came on video. :/ I guess cause they actually showed more of the planets instead of quick flybys of them. i guess the podrace and the duel at the end w/maul is why i seem to have enjoyed it more. I guess some of those ****ing spoilers weren't true and gave me higher expectations of aotc. i was excpecting to see Aurra Sing, Alderaan, a Jedi Holocron, and maybe at LEAST a glimpse of a Z-95. :(

****ing spoilers i'm never reading them again. :mad:

and to all u who ruined the movie for me (saying how jango died and that yoda fights) i hate you.

the only part i wasn't spoiled on was hmm....let me think. :rolleyes::mad: well i guess i wasn't spoiled on Zam, but then again i knew she'd get slashed cause of that ****ing trailer showing it. :(

hell, i even knew a little about the tuskens.

/end pissed off rant

btw i love the movie. i think i'll watch it sometime again today.

there better not be any spoilers for episode 3. :mad:

Archived