Home

WIP: Quinlan Vos

Rebel_Spy

Hi...

I'm just a newbie in modeling, I've been working on this model 'cause I really like it. As my first attempt ever I will use the Raven's models as reference, but I really want to make it from scratch...

But what happens when a Jedi loses his memory? Quinlan Vos: Jedi without a past, He is an expanded universe character Background Description

I would appreciate all constructive feedback...

I hope you will like it

quin_wip_01.txt

Screenshot 1 Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3 Screenshot 4

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Don't do text cuz thats all i see no pictures just text

What do you mean with that (Honest Question)? I don't understand what are you imply... I put the images with .txt extension because Geocities will not allow to load pictures from forums like this one, if I put those pics as .jpg you have to copy and paste the link in the address bar of your browser.

Originally posted by Padawan_7

One thing, though, the elbow section of the underarm is too pointy.

Thanks dude, I will do something about it!

Yeah It will do difficult, I just draw some sketches of the head, but I really want to have either some real pics of that extra guy in episode I, that one in the back when Sebulba fights Jar Jar for a piece of food, or maybe one guy that just look as Quin.

If any can help with those issues, I will be really thankful.

I will do Quin as we all see him in "Darkness" and "Rite of Passage" series, not as "Infinity's End" it was too cartoonish

Looks like one EU model I might actually download. Your model seems very detailed, but I would advise against making his sleeves too baggy (though they should be baggier than they are now) because the JK2 engine has no way to animate fabric and they'd just defy gravity (look at the Emperor model for the extreme example). Other than the head, baggier sleeves and a great skin, I don't think there's much else you can do for this model. Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Wish i could see the pictures i would love to see it =/

Well, I don't know what happen with you, but you can try saving the screenshot ("Save targe as") and then change the .txt extension to .jpg, otherwise PM'ed me and I will be happy to send the images to you.

Back on track...

-s/<itzo- and JEDI_Anakin_S:

I'll do the sleeves more baggier, but not much because Quin don't use a baggy tunic. JEDI_Anakin_S thanks for the advise in this matter I just didn't know that for sure

mariners2001:

I Already begun working in the head, this is an update Screenshot 5 . It just a simple start to keep you guys posted, He need more hair braids in the back. I don't know how much but at least 3 or 4 more in the back, one big in the front and some other in the side.

BTW, I just find some reference pics of the boots, and they will need some tweaking around. The boots are Double Harness, i.e Wesco boots.

Again, looking very good.

Now for the criticism… I think you need to make the chin rounder, and the tip of the nose and the nostrils need to be fatter. Also, his face looks a tad bit on the flat side. Try pulling his eyes back further into his head.

That's all for now.

Keep it up!

Padawan_7

I will be out for a couple of days, I'm going to a conference, so I will get back on wednesday and do more work on Quin...

Meanwhile, please give some pointers, crits, ideas, advises about how this model is coming and what things I need to do (and known), remember I just starting in this modeling stuff.

See you later, guys

Archived