Home

WIP: Quinlan Vos

Rebel_Spy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh!!! I just looked at this for the first time and it is incredible!!!!! Now you listen to me rebelspy, you keep modeling and I honestly believe your name will be up there with tereco, toonces, kman, cheshire, sithlord II and others that I forgot to mention. That is incredible work. If your not interested in skinning him yourself then I reccomend you say something to arco, he might help you out with the skinning. Keep up the incredible work man.

I starting tweaking some verts on the face, but what do you think about the hair, guys please give some comments about!

I also started experiments with the whole uvw mapping thing, fornow all I can tell is I'm having fun

Dragonlancer, about the skin, well, I'm not a skinner but I'll do my best, but if anyone like to have a shot in the skinning process of Quin I'll be very thankful

Okay Rebel_Spy, I took another look at Quinlan's hair. I think it looks good. However, one thing does look a little questionable to me in pic #11. The hair seems to be in strands but is being pulled toward the center braid. You might want to connect those strands together.

Also, I took another look at Quinlan as a whole. The only thing I would change body-wise would be 1.) his belt could be lower and 2.) his waist and lower torso could be just a little wider (a little more beefed up).

But, all in all, I think you’ve done a very, very good job! :D

As far as skinning Quinlan, you could always contact Marz (or NeoMarz1 on the forums). He’s a great skinner, and is usually very willing to skin any Star Wars character. :)

Padawan_7

Sorry, for not updates for a while, I've been kinda busy with college and some other things, but have done some modification nothing big for post.

Please, give all the feedback that you can. The UVW mapping is really a pain in the a.. however I think that I'm getting the edge on it. Also trying to find more tutorials, if someone can point to one it would be nice.

Padawan_7, just a quick question:

What is more convenient ... 1. model the hair in strands, or 2. use shaders to make the strands, and so model the hair with less detail?

What do you think? I'll always apreciate your ideas. But, if anyone has an opinion about it, fell free to express it

Originally posted by Rebel_Spy

What is more convenient ... 1. model the hair in strands, or 2. use shaders to make the strands, and so model the hair with less detail?

Thanks for the vote of confidence Rebel_Spy. :D Well, I'm not a modeler or skinner, but I, for the most part, know the basics behind both. So, to answer your question, I don't believe it is possible to make strands of hair just out of shaders. Shaders can be used to make a nice hair effect, but actual thick strands of hair that are separate from each other will have to be modeled individually.

If you’re referring to Quinlan's strands of hair that goes down his back...in an above post, I had mentioned about them looking strange. The only reason that they looked strange was that the hair was in strands but appeared to be pulled back into the center braid. In this type of hairstyle, you shouldn't really be able to see any strands. So, if you would like hair stands back there, I would suggest just letting the separate hair strands fall vertically with the pull of gravity.

I hope that helps. :) Let me know if you have any more questions.

yeah, I see, well let's stay with the hair braids...I going to finish the head and face this weekend, I have not much time to work on the model right now, cause all the final are coming next week, and my boss is all over my head with work.

Padawan_7, thanks for the support and the feedback!.

I'm still busy with all the finals, just to keep you posted, I start a custom lightsaber hilt just to practice uvw mapping. I'm done with the boots, the pants, and the tabards. Need to make some adjusments in the chest and arms. I think I need more reference pics for the face, if someone is willing to help in this matter, please reply here or PMed me.

Actually, I have both Gmax and Milkshape, but I'm modeling Quin with Gmax, and yes when I get final in the models I will ask for help in the in-game issue. I'll do it myself, but right now I don't have 3dsmax and no way to get soon. If duncan or Toonces are willing to try, well I'll send the final model when its finished. But, you know, I also try to contact Darth Vigrid, he help me to get started and I know he had 3dsmax, hope he find some time to finish his joruus c'baoth and help me with quinlan, if he have the enough time, I know that he's kinda busy right now.

O.k. I found some tutorial about it. How to get player models into 3dsmax by Darth Bell. Is about properly import a .glm file in Milkshape and then import into 3dsmax, I think is pretty much the same issue here, but I check for others tuts, and maybe post some thread to get some answers.

that's good I will do that when the right time will come. For the model I say that yesterday I take a little time to make some modifications as Padawan_7 kindly suggest.

I'm done with the face for now, I'm going to start the texturing and make the required modifications if any.

For the hair, well I fixed the back strands issue, but Gmax is kinda slow when I try to make some adds to the hair, I think I will remake the hair from scracth, and hopefully get less polys.

I'll post a new screenshot later in the day.

EDIT: sorry something come out at last time, so I think I will post those pics tomorrow, sorry again dudes.

Now, the Rebel is leaving the building....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived