Home

WIP: Quinlan Vos

Rebel_Spy

Sorry, no post lately, because I was sick.

Well, I get more and more experience with uvw mapping, now I finally figure out how to put some uvw mapping into one single skin file. This coming week I have some meetings about my work, so I'll try to get the uvw map finished, but I don't know when.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update!

I do some modifications on the body...

quin_wip_17.txt

quin_wip_18.txt

quin_wip_19.txt

quin_wip_20.txt

* Right now, just the body have 2180 polys.

* Add other pouches to the belt.

* I'm planning that some meshes can be turn on/off, like the tabards in the front/back, and the lower part of the tunic (over the pants).

* Also I want to make two types of sleeves.

* The hair could be turn on/off as well. (not yet, I delete the whole mesh, and model it again)

What do you think guys? All feedback is welcome.

I have some news, good and not-so-good news...

* the good one: I just figure out the whole uvw mapping issue.

* the not-so-good one: I don't have too much time to actually make the uvw mapping...I have been writting my thesis and stuff

I've learned a lot more about Mr. Vos here through comic books and stuff, he's actually quite a cool and interesting character, a bit darker. If I could map (although unfortunately I can't), I would totally make an SP adventure for this guy, since he'd be a really cool main character. Sounds like you may be a bit busy, but hopefully you can find the time to get this model done, and good luck on your thesis.

Khier, thanks for the support, dude. About the Sp adventure, it will be nice having Quinlan and Aayla together on a mission. Also, I was thinking about modeling Master Tholme as well 'cause he and Quin have the same basic jedi attires, so it would be no problem at all.

the only "but" right now is the tight schedule I have. I'll try to get some time to work on those projects.

Yesterday, I was taking a short time-off of work and college, then I find some tutorial about weighting the mesh and stuff. So, I figure out that the best way to practice this was using a Raven's model and re-weight it. But, instead of doing that I put together this...

luke_wip_01.txt

luke_wip_02.txt

luke_wip_03.txt

and I think, why anyone do this before?

hell yeah!, this is gonna be a a good way to getting used to the weighting process. This is a great experiment for me, and sure when I finish him I will released, but my participation here is only the weight, 'cause the mesh, uvw maps and skins are from Raven.

Crowy, mate, thanx for the interest on this wip. I appreciated. Unfortunely, I don't have too much time to work on the uvw mapping and other things, 'cause I have a tight schedule with my Master's thesis. As matter of fact, I have to submit a first draft to my Advisor tomorrow... So wish me luck on that first draft can become a nearly-final draft and leave some time for work on Quinlan, Barriss, and Tholme.

Archived