Home

Disney

elTee

So, whats your favourite Disney movie?

For me its Beauty and the Beast. Closely followed by the Lion King. I just bought the newly released Beauty and the Beast collectors DVD, you see, and its on my mind.

Here's an idea - as Disney released Beauty and the Beast on IMAX with new scenes, then did a special collectors DVD, do you think they'll do it with other movies? Hopefully yes, and the Lion King will be next. Oh well, do you guys still admit to liking Disney, or are you all "Its for kids and girls" - ie, in denial?

In terms of storyline and character elements, I agree. Beauty and the Beast was certainly the best I've seen in a long time. In terms of eye candy, I liked the Hunchback of Notre Dame (even though they screwed it up and changed the ending) and Hercules (which they screwed up the ass).

Nice Topic :)

1. Aladdin

2. The Lion King

3. The Jungle Book

Aladdin was brilliant - I've noticed that with the more recent Disney films, the soundtracks have been a little shoddy. The story was also extremely fun, too. Same with the Lion King. I haven't watched The Jungle Book for a long time, but it definetely belongs up there. Also worth noting are Toy Story and Dumbo.

Literally seconds after posting that, I skipped over to Animation Planet to read the news:

Originally posted as news by 8 of 12

Jungle Book II Wrapped

Production on The Jungle Book II is now wrapped, and is slated to hit the cinemas in the US on February 7th. It was originally set to be a direct to video release.

What can we expect? Singing. Dancing. Bear Neccessities. A rather strange cast of voices (Haley Joel Osmet as Mowgli, John Goodman as Baloo, Phil Collins as Lucky the Vulture).

I'm experiencing ambivolance about this one. I have yet to see a good sequel come from Disney's direct to video releases

I agree with the last sentence. Return of Jafar sucked. And I haven't seen Simba's Pride.

i've been told about, disney spoofs. such as when you watch "The Loin King" when simba falls down onto the ground and dust flys in the air becuse of it, it spell the word "sex."

i have seen the one with the cover for "The Little Mermaid" and it is true about the part of the castle looking like a mans penis.

argh not fair! i replied before but now its not showing, booyah!

anyway in short what i typed earlier today:

Toy Story was amazing. STOP.

Belle and Beast okay but not best too fairytale like. STOP.

Aladdin nice and exotic indy like. STOP.

Lion's King really good. STOP.

i think that was about it?

i really think some of the 3d panning shots from Tarzan are BEAUTIFUL and that's how they should all be at Disney :)

Yeah, those sequels bite. Apparantly "Simbas Pride" was exactly the same as the Lion King, but Simba was the dad.

The disney spoofs thing is funny, on the directors commmentary for Beauty and the Beast they say whenever gaston looks through belle's books he's looking for a centre-fold.

Toy Story 1 & 2, as well as Monsters Inc. were funny, but not real classics in my opinion. When I think of Disney I think of hand drawn animation. That said, the computer generated bits in Aladdin / Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King (The lava eruption when Abu touches the lamp, the dance scene and the stampede respectively) all look amazing.

Originally posted by guybrush guy

i've been told about, disney spoofs. such as when you watch "The Loin King" when simba falls down onto the ground and dust flys in the air becuse of it, it spell the word "sex."

i have seen the one with the cover for "The Little Mermaid" and it is true about the part of the castle looking like a mans penis.

LoL, there was this one on the original version of "the Rescuers".

There was one frame that has a picture of a naked women for like half a second. Then they rereleased it. The origianl sells for a lot on eBay I think.

Originally posted by guybrush guy

Those are myths, when simba hits the ground the dust spell SFX after the effects studio who worked on LK.

The towers are all shaped as spires, the guy who drew it was up all night just drawing TONs of those spires for the box, all of them had to be different. Somehow by accident one came out looking like a wang. Niether of these are Disneys chose or falt.

The Resuer one was an animator drawing it in, he was fired for it when found out(I think).

Archived