Home

Request: Serious Discussion Board.

Tyrion

I want a board that you have to talk serious about stuff. Like the Creation vs Darwism thread and the Abortion thread. It;d be great to go to a board and know it's full of heated debates and intellegent discussion(for the most part.

Anyone want to sign the petition?

Er...the simple fact is that Yoda's Swamp is a serious discussion board. The fact that there are such a lot of different posts on different topics adds a lot of flavour, IMHO. You can just dip in and out of whatever you like, without having to switch forums.

Also...when the more serious discussions do arise...it can cut down on some of the more spammy threads by keeping serious issues in people's minds.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Er...the simple fact is that Yoda's Swamp is a serious discussion board. The fact that there are such a lot of different posts on different topics adds a lot of flavour, IMHO. You can just dip in and out of whatever you like, without having to switch forums.

Also...when the more serious discussions do arise...it can cut down on some of the more spammy threads by keeping serious issues in people's minds.

Yeah, but I hate having to dig through 10 threads before getting back to a serious discussion one.

Originally posted by Tyrion

Yeah, but I hate having to dig through 10 threads before getting back to a serious discussion one.

You don't have to. If you find a thread you really like, just open it and click on the Subscribe to This Thread link at the bottom of the page, and it will be added under your User CP. Then you can always find that thread via your User CP. :)

You don't have to. If you find a thread you really like, just open it and click on the Subscribe to This Thread link at the bottom of the page, and it will be added under your User CP. Then you can always find that thread via your User CP. :)

erg?

How is that less work than having a board?

erg?

How is that less work than having a board?

Because even if you had another board...you would still have to work your way through X amount of other (serious) threads to reach the one you are interested in. :)

You can add threads from any forum in your User CP...and jump to them directly, without having to search through any of the forums, if you so desire. :D

And this is serious discussion thread number...Oh, I forget...

Because even if you had another board...you would still have to work your way through X amount of other (serious) threads to reach the one you are interested in. :)

You can add threads from any forum in your User CP...and jump to them directly, without having to search through any of the forums, if you so desire. :D

And this is serious discussion thread number...Oh, I forget...

I meant I had to go through spammy posts to get to the thread.

I would loooove a serious discussion board...

for the love of... I'll just go and do that User CP thing...

those mean old mods wont let me have any fun....*puffs up*

:D:D:D

These petitions need to stop.

They're annoying, and we really can't be pushing the admin around like this all the time.

These petitions are only made cuz people want mod positions, and can't wait.

Originally posted by Jedi220

These petitions need to stop.

They're annoying, and we really can't be pushing the admin around like this all the time.

These petitions are only made cuz people want mod positions, and can't wait.

I have been...forget it...

Well AB did screw it up...

Well AB did screw it up...

Explain? I was the first person to put up a request (at least after a long time), then a number of people came along doing the same. It's not my fault that others want to follow in my footsteps and become lucky, however that's not the way things work, if you have a good idea first pm the admin/mods and run it through a couple people first, then you can place it in a thread amongst some forum and wait. It's about time you people grow up, and start thinking beforehand on what you're about to post. I give serious consideration into something before I post and this is the only way for someone to take you seriously. Don't go along with the first idea that pops up in your head, take some time and ponder about wether it's worth it or not, otherwise you're merely wasting the mods and admins' time as Jedi220 previously stated.

Originally posted by AB_Legion

Explain? I was the first person to put up a request (at least after a long time), then a number of people came along doing the same. It's not my fault that others want to follow in my footsteps and become lucky, however that's not the way things work, if you have a good idea first pm the admin/mods and run it through a couple people first, then you can place it in a thread amongst some forum and wait. It's about time you people grow up, and start thinking beforehand on what you're about to post. I give serious consideration into something before I post and this is the only way for someone to take you seriously. Don't go along with the first idea that pops up in your head, take some time and ponder about wether it's worth it or not, otherwise you're merely wasting the mods and admins' time as Jedi220 previously stated.

:D

What I have been thinking about that...and I see alot of other forums that have those kinds of forums so I thought that the admins wouldnt mind...

Hey Tyrion i totally support your idea and was wondering if i could be a mod along with Darth Yoda85 beacause their are alot of serious threads to mod and it would give a chance to people who wish to be mods a chance like me. See i emailed all the mods practically at the swamp and they gave me the same reply not right now well vote people what makes you think they will pick me there are thousands of more popular forumers with higher post counts so what do you say Storm Hammer it would give atleast Tyrion a chance to mod because he has worked so hard for it:D

Archived