Home

EP II Tidbits

Ratmjedi

Is there anything that you realized now that you have the movie that you didn't realize when you first saw it?

I didn't realize this but why do you guys think there was a Imperial logo on the Jedi Starfighter and the Attack Ships in EP II?

I also realized that the jetpack that Jango has in the arena isn't like the one that he had before. I know it's not the same that he had before but if you look at it you can see that it doesn't have the little nozzles where the thrust comes out. It looks like a diffrent model of jetpack.

I was also wondering what eye candy or hidden shot's that you have seen in the movie. One that I know is probally really not new but the Death Star hologram that was in the backround in the Genosian scenes way before it is even mentioned.

:lsduel::duel:

The symbol on the Jedi Starfighter is actually the Republic symbol, not the Imperial one. The Republic has eight sections, the Empires only has 6. It just adapts it and changes it once the Empire takes over.

My fourth time through the movie I finally managed to spot Saesee Tinn in the final circle at the end of the Geonosian battle. I've seen posts with people talking about him being there, and I read the "survivors report" on Starwars.com, but I never saw him. Until then. Don't know how I missed the big fella...

Also... I never saw Eeth Koth in the arena at all. I saw another Zabrak(Agen Solar) but not Koth. Did he stay at the temple, or did he die in that battle...

Oh ok. I have it for 64 so that was I was like it doesn't look the one I have.

I will check out the symbol next and I never noticed that there was a diffrence in the sections.

One more thing to ask.

Who is Saesee Tinn?

Do you have a picture that I can see?

I might know who it is but I just like pictures more because the faces seem easier to remember than the name.

:lsduel::duel:

Originally posted by ZDawg

It looks like Pod Racer for PC... i have that game.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Why would they spend all this money making Episode II and put a clip from one of their video games in there when they can CG something that looks 10 times better? I think where it's throwing you off is that it freezes and info comes up on the screen. They did this because all televised sports put up stats and other stuff - it makes it look more realistic.

I hope you didn't really stake your life on it. ;)

How much of AOTC was still like TPM, where they were still trying to show off what they can do with computer graphics for a movie?

I was watching pieces of the DVD, the weaving through flames is a blatant "show off" scene for ILM, amongst the many scenes that make up the final battles......

so, you would only like the movie if it looked like ANH? or just with only limited computer effects, like in say the Last Starfighter :D just wondering why you dont like CG? not that I value CG over models, i really like the walkers in ESB, but CG is the new technology and it does look really good... :D

No, I don't like the blatant showing off of what they can do, when there is no real need for it in the movie......

Don't take what I said as against CGI, it isn't, it is against putting in CG shots to just show off that they can render real flames, with heat haze, and have a speeder weave through them........

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

No, I don't like the blatant showing off of what they can do, when there is no real need for it in the movie......

Don't take what I said as against CGI, it isn't, it is against putting in CG shots to just show off that they can render real flames, with heat haze, and have a speeder weave through them........

And you don't think that they put the flames in there just because it made the chase scene more interesting? I think it just showed off Anakin's skills as a pilot, plus it was more dramatic. That's what they do in movies. Dramatize.

There are plenty of other ways that could've been used to show that same thing without having to give ILM a chance to show off their wizardry just for the sake of it......

My first reaction was when I saw it "Didn't realise that ILM could do that", not how good Anakin steers through it, he had already shown that by flying through traffic.........

To weave in and out flames as you chase someone is to only take the longer route, therefore droppiong further behind, or does that defy logic?!

I am just commenting on one scene which I think was tacked on for no real reason, same result but weaving around buildings gives us the same result, but not the same eye candy...........

Overall ILM did a fantastic job, giving the movie a lot more dirty, smudgy feel, that the GFFA is falling into ruin. Everything is clouded over, or dusty, or unlcear.......

Or would it make more sense to fly over them, not around or through them?

C'mon guys, don't take it out on me for something, in my opinion just seems like something that the movie could've done without, with NO change in how the movie plays, and what it is trying to tell. Perhaps if we had seen Zam do the same thing, and he was just following her, that would make complete sense. All it is that we see is Ani flying in and around flames for no real reason when his best intention is to catch Zam....

OR is it somehow GL's way of showing Ani is arrogant with his skill, when chasing, still has the time to showboat through flames?! I doubt it........

As for writing to ILM, it is GL who would've approved the use of the shot..... He would've said - yeah, that looks great, we have never shown that in an SW movie, why not.....

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

I also realized that the jetpack that Jango has in the arena isn't like the one that he had before. I know it's not the same that he had before but if you look at it you can see that it doesn't have the little nozzles where the thrust comes out. It looks like a diffrent model of jetpack.

It is indeed. ^_^ Both models are in the Visual Dictionary. I think the second one looks really shibby ^_^

uhh i havent seen the NEW DIGITAL REMASTERD vesion of AOTC, but heres a question.

Whats the point of it being "digitaly remasterd" wat does "digitaly remasterd" even mean, im stumped :confused:

have u seen the comercial for it. ITS SO CHEESEY! "Who da man, Yo Da Man!" i dunno maybe u guys dont get that comercial, but thats f00king halarious!

Originally posted by Filler_Fett

uhh i havent seen the NEW DIGITAL REMASTERD vesion of AOTC, but heres a question.

Whats the point of it being "digitaly remasterd" wat does "digitaly remasterd" even mean, im stumped :confused:

it means that it has been optimalized for DVD(both sound and image)

Archived