Home

Can't play mod levels. Radeon 9700 error.

DarthMaximus

Ok, Put my new PC together and jediknight 2 runs great. When ever I try to load a map that is a modded map, It loads and get as far as awaiting snapshot, But then it just stays there and locks up. Now all the retain maps work fine, And jediplus 4.3 runs fine also. Only happens with new modded maps and sometimes new modded players. I have a p4 2.53 with a radeon 9700 pro with all latest drivers and updates to windows. I'm using the 6166 version drivers which are the latest from ati's webpage. Anyone elce have this problem? And if so, do you know what the solution is? Thanks for any help guys.. :)

I had it before and I re-installed jk2... it was successfull. If you do choose re-installaiton, make sure you delete all the config files and such..... it may not work however since my problem was more minute then yours, it just stopped there on occaision and when I created a server. But it fixed it. You can try it if ya want ;)

Tried what you said. Still same problem. I'm sure its the video card driver. I tried the 6166 and the 6178 driver. Both are WHQL not like that means anything. :) When I re-started this time. Windows told me it was the radeon 9700 driver series that created the instability. Somethin about dzmod in 6178. Anyway. The game works fine with regular maps, and some mod maps. Damn radeon drivers.. :(

Archived