Home

Riffage, if you don't hurry up..

I'm going to make a goddamn clan page, then walk over to your house and kick the asses of the following people:

1. You

2. Hellbeard

3. raVen

4. AcrylicGuitar (I'll show you Thug Lovin, retard.)

5. Everyone with 'Darth' in their name

6. Guybrush Guy

7. SamNMax

8. JBlink

9. Young David

10. Metallus, by popular request, as he is to blame for the forum problems of everyone.

KTHX

• 2 weeks later...

Riffage still hasn't responded to this thread. And I know for a fact that he's online. Right now. Still, I'm not going to tell him it's here, he can find it himself. And, when he does, we should all whinge at him, for answering the thread so late. Which is what I'm doing now. So maybe I should add some more complaints. I'll do it later. Unless, of course, Riffage hurries up and gets the clan ready. That's the problem with these so called "Monkey Island" enthusiasts nowadays. They're not enthusiastic. And if they are, they're usually incompotent or loud, and banned.

Even if the clans not ready yet, someone should organise get-togethers and training on specific games. Maybe I'll start a thread, although my organisational skills are not too great. And anyway, actually, that's a job for the people in charge, so I'll wait. Murray! Riff! Pedgey? Haven't seen him in a while.

Oh, We should all add [MIC] before our names, and speak with numbers in place of 13773r5.

[/crap]

The main reasons why MICP has been halted for so long...

1. Exams
  2. Homework
  3. Coursework
  4. General Lack of time
  5. HDD Wipe
  6. Life
  7. Clanbase
    [/list=1]
    Unfortuantly everything has caved in on the project. ATM its on a state of holding, but doing what we can when we have some free time. We would be like glad if you could help out.

Also sue to clanbase being more popular as time goes on the actual use of MICP gets lower and lower. I will try to contiune work on the project but it will be slow. I would really like to be able to finish this as time goes on, but as i have said its going to be slow.

Unfinished Items...
    • Main Design (Never got finished),
    • 60% of PHP Coding,
    • Admin Area,
    • User Area,
    • Main League Code (Possibly being removed),
    • Individual Game Admin,

Maybe I'll start a thread, although my organisational skills are not too great. And anyway, actually, that's a job for the people in charge
Actually its not, we perhaps forgot to mention this at the time of coding. The main point of MICP is that it *could* run itself. Each game would have its leader, and that leader would organise battles, much like clanbase. People would be able to challenge us through the MICP console which would contact the specific game leader. So you can organise the games and MICP page would only be for organsing games. In the mean time you can use this forum for it. We just need some interest to start the games going.

The next thing your going to have to decide is, is the clan a serious one and entering the clanbase leage? or just a piss around and a general laugh. Im going to need feedback on this soon as i keep coding it. If its going to be a more fun loving clan ill have to remove or add new features.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If you want to ask anything please ask away, ill try to answer them. At the moment it *seems* like its just me running the whole place now. Ill try to get in touch with Murray-Mint and Pedgey. If i cant get either to come back i will be needing some new staff members. Unfortuantly im not the best php coder in the world, (thats murray) and pete was the designer. I would hopefully like to replace them if nesseccary to do so.

Please help if you can for the two jobs that *might* be on offer.

• PHP Coder (Only experienced sorry)
  • News Updater (Just updating game news, eg patches)
  • Web-Designer

As unfortuantly i dont have enough time to forfill both jobs as i am currently undertaking other projects as time goes on. Please if you can help.

Thank You

Just before you decide to make funny stupid and idiotic posts id like to say one thing. Iv taken enough **** from the community over the past 6-7months, i dont exactly want anymore. I decided to make this to give something back to the community and not to get critisied over it, most people know what im talking about and im nto one who's going to revive the topic, iv had enough **** about it. It caused me a friend from all that fighting back then, i dont want to go through it again. Please consider this.

Isn't it best to start with the basics?

First of all, we need a bunch of people willing to play. We need to know what games they have, and what hours best suit them. Most importantly, some brilliant person(s) should be able to organize 'get-togethers' - they have bookable servers, right?

Basically, it's a matter of posting something along the lines of this in the forum:

"Well, I'll be on [server] playing [Game] at [Time]. I'll probably leave that server at [Time]. We're playing on [Map]. The password is [Password]"

There should also be "official" get-togethers. With specially booked servers (?), set times, set games, etc.

THEN you start to build a website.

I think this project started off as a way of making the MIQC better, or diversifying it - and, should it have happened fast enough, I'm sure a lot of people would have moved straight from MIQC to the MICP and everyone would've continued on playing happily. Also, Im not sure, but I think MIQC closed - whether the reason was MICP or not, I'm unsure.

Now, it's taken too long, and there's a lot less interest in playing as a group because of the gap.

So, to recap. We need to:

>Find out who's interested

>Find out what games they have

>Play those games at suitable times.

Then build the website. Nobody cares if the website looks good. As long as there are people on servers killing each other, then that should be that.

Riff - Please help if you can for the two jobs that *might* be on offer.

• PHP Coder (Only experienced sorry)
  • News Updater (Just updating game news, eg patches)
  • Web-Designer

I do a bit of PHP coding, website design and random ranting on occasions so I guess I'm applying for all the offered jobs.

Feel free to take a look at my cronically semi-finished website:

tainkeh.net

scabb - Also, Im not sure, but I think MIQC closed - whether the reason was MICP or not, I'm unsure
Lack of interest. I think Mort-hog was running the clan and since people weren't really playing any games he decided to stop wasting his time.

I'm sure this thing won't suffer the same fate though. ;P

Archived