Home

The Dig - Music, Voices, Animations

SST_Brink

Is any program successfully able to listen to and/or extract music, voice clips, or animations from The Dig? SCUMM Revisited says something about unsupported codecs when I try to listen to music in the digmusic.bun file. I can't get SCUMM VM to work at all, and the Smush Player doesn't really work either. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by SST_Brink

Is any program successfully able to listen to and/or extract music, voice clips, or animations from The Dig? SCUMM Revisited says something about unsupported codecs when I try to listen to music in the digmusic.bun file. I can't get SCUMM VM to work at all, and the Smush Player doesn't really work either. Can anyone help?

a) Get ScummVM to work. If you can't get ScummVM to work you likely won't be able to get any of the OTHER more complex tools to work :)

b) Look through this forum more. There's been at least a music extraction tool and a smush player posted (both using the same code as in ScummVM). We only just finished reverse engineering akos 16 and correcting akos 1/5 recently, so I don't believe any pre-existing costume viewers will work. (people should feel free to take the code from ScummVM if they want, just remember the result has to be GPL'ed :)

@Ender:

I have a question about the GPL (I mailed you some time ago but you didn't respond):

Problem: I have a main program that uses a DLL (as a plug-in). This DLL then uses parts of the ScummVM code.

Is it ok to put only the DLL source under GPL and to keep the source of the main program closed?

Or does the whole project to be under the GPL?

Originally posted by john_doe

@Ender:

I have a question about the GPL (I mailed you some time ago but you didn't respond):

Problem: I have a main program that uses a DLL (as a plug-in). This DLL then uses parts of the ScummVM code.

Is it ok to put only the DLL source under GPL and to keep the source of the main program closed?

Or does the whole project to be under the GPL?

Hm, I didn't get the e-mail. Well, under the GPL you need to open-source the whole project under the GPL. There's another license called the LGPL that does what you want - if you e-mail me with details of what the program is, what bits of code your using, ecetra.... I can probably give you specific permission to use those bits of code under the LGPL license :)

After all, it's the least I can do. *grin*

Archived