Home

For the metalheads in the audience.

Doubleplus GC

I think AFI and Tool (Maynard's other band A Perfect Circle) are the only outlet these days for quality hard music, and remain the only respite for the metalhead in all of us. I have definitely been listening to too much Tool, I'm getting all kinds of crazy sexual obsessions from listening to Stinkfist and Prison Sex. But, y'know, this is necessary. Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life...

PS: ignore me.

"I need you to feel this..."

AFI went from calling themselves punk to East Bay hardcore to "an indefinable musical entity" and the only change in their music is it's getting better. But most quality metalheads are into them.

I did download a couple of Foohing Champs songs when there was all the hullabaloo them in the music thread. They are quite the fantastic, and I'm planning to snag 'em when I move out of the house for good (still in the process of moving junk to the apartment), since the expletive in the title is likely to rile up my mutha (which, I think, was the point).

I spent 2 1/2 runs through the entire album a few days back translating A Perfect Circle's alphabet. I am so hardcore! The downward-reading characters on the front read "la cascade des prenoms" and though I've yet to run it through babel fish, I'm guessing it means "the cascade of pronouns," though it might mean "clusterfuck." More on this later.

Archived