Home

Yay I Just Got Confirmed~!

Arreat

I am still in a moral debate as to whether I am to be confirmed. I am a member of the Church of England, but my parents chose for me to be a member. I am still questioning my faith at the moment. As I've grown up, seeing everything wrong that has happened in the world, my belief has slowly faded. I don't know whether I will make this commitment.

It's still something we do in heathen Denmark, but kids only do it nowadays because of the presents. They go to church, see a priest each week during confirmation - but in the end, it's all about the presents and they haven't changed their view on God one bit.

In my school, I think we have about 5-10 devout Christians, out of 500...

Originally posted by UsetheFORX

I just got confirmed [/landotaunt]WOOOHOOOOOO![/landotaunt]

well for those of you who don't know what confirmation is its the 3rd sacrament of intiation

YAY! 200 posts [/landotaunt]woooooohooooooo![landotaunt]

Congratulations dude! Im not part of a church, but I kno what conformation is. Im happy for ya! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Darklighter

I am still in a moral debate as to whether I am to be confirmed. I am a member of the Church of England, but my parents chose for me to be a member. I am still questioning my faith at the moment. As I've grown up, seeing everything wrong that has happened in the world, my belief has slowly faded. I don't know whether I will make this commitment.

yeah, i kno how ya feel man. im the same way right now.

I just got confirmed [/landotaunt]WOOOHOOOOOO![/landotaunt]

well for those of you who don't know what confirmation is its the 3rd sacrament of intiation

Congradulations! Now, I would suggest that you read up on all of the theology you can get your hands on (I highly recomend Scott Hahn's books). You sound excited about this step, and that's great... just remember that and "stand firm" on your beliefs man, and you'll do just fine :D

Did you choose a new confirmation name, or what? If so, why'd you choose it? I chose the name Luke, because St. Luke is the patron saint of artists and writers (and I'm both, so that works out well ;) ).

Jedi_Monk.jpg

I was confirmed too... but i dont care. I apprently belong to a church too.. but i dont care.

I do believe in religions. GOd, afterlife, etc. They all mean something to me personnaly. I dont denie or believe the Bible 100%. However I dont fallow the ethics of churches. I dont think I have to sacrafice something for 40days or pray every night or go to church on sundays. I havent been to church since I was 12. And not mostly cause I dont want to go, but because my parents have also disconnected themself loosely from the Church. Especially since we now live in a bigger city. Every is so impersonnal. Back when I used to live in Winnipeg,Mantioba (canada) the priest knew everybody of his "herd" and was extremly friendly. Now priests get mad when someone's watch beeps and makes a speach on how the world is going to hell... but maybe that's just my church here in ottawa.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

Congradulations! Now, I would suggest that you read up on all of the theology you can get your hands on (I highly recomend Scott Hahn's books). You sound excited about this step, and that's great... just remember that and "stand firm" on your beliefs man, and you'll do just fine :D

Did you choose a new confirmation name, or what? If so, why'd you choose it? I chose the name Luke, because St. Luke is the patron saint of artists and writers (and I'm both, so that works out well ;) ).

Jedi_Monk.jpg

ya i chose peter i dunno why but it just kinda fits in with my real name ... i shoulda put more thought into it :(

man it was pretty tough i had to take a test that had 200 marks and the passing grade was 80% i barely passed ... my teacher called me and said i didn't pass but then she just asked me a couple of questions to earn enough to pass... :*) its a miracle!!!:crybaby::cry6::cry7::cry8:

Well....I've only been in a church twice in my life...

Once for a "christening" and the other for a funeral for my grandma....

I personally have my own beliefs, but I choose them, and therefore theoretically don't have a religion.

Oh well.

I must agree with Darky tho, and despite all that, I respect everyone's opinion on the matter.

Originally posted by Murdoch

You guys need to pass a test to be confirmed? Here in sweden they just say 'you wanna?" The little kid in the sheet says "Yeah because my parents give loads of stuff then". Thnx, bye, cya.

:rofl:

Same in Denmark really...

I don't think we really have any christians in my part of town, just people pretending they're religious so they can get a huge amount of presents, and have a good excuse to practice christmas.

It must be weird living in the states with religious people everywhere you look - do you guys wear crosses and that stuff too?

Ive been in a church 300 times 1 time :)

And you know how I accidently went into church??

This big fat man pushed me and I tripped over into the church! And they was singing prayers, they all stopped and looked at me, I slowly walked out!

:p Fun eh?

o and another question when u guys got confirmed did you have to pay like some sort of entry fee?... im starting to get pissed off now..

Entry fee?!?! WTF is going on over there? :p j/k

No really, kids in this country does it to get presents, and a LOT of money, the norm is about 1400$ (I think).

ya i chose peter i dunno why but it just kinda fits in with my real name ... i shoulda put more thought into it :(

I got confirmed donkies ago but i attempted have my confimation name the same as my own name - Peter, but it jsut wouldn't hapnen lol.

If you had to pay an entry fee that would be jsut wrong.

I goto church every week too :) along with ZBomber :) (well not with him, but i do go :))

Hey, Peter... First Pope, confidant of Jesus... Keeper of the Keys... definately not a bad choice... I must admit that part of the reason why I chose Luke was because I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so... ;)

Archived