Home

who agrees?

=|PL|=Stalker

I'm new to the forums, but I'll give my two cents. I believe that another patch would be excellent, but maybe kind of bad. Something else taken away or a lame "advancement". I'd suggest some of the modder's making an ultimate mod, with the same calibur as Jedimod but, without the numerous and pointless updates.

Im with you guys, its getting really old and not fun anymore. They need to make it more realistic. Its become Quake with lightsabers. Nothing but bull**** bull**** bull**** as I play. How about some real saber fighting. Real saber moves, saber contact, and damage. Whats with the guns in that game? Lame! You can practically outrun a blaster shot! And even if you dont it doesnt matter cause it hardly puts a scratch on you! Time for SW games to get real! You get nailed with a saber or shot in the torso or head you die! Simple as that.

Originally posted by Sivy B

The fact that there hadn't been a patch since 1.04 makes me think that maybe an expansion pack is being made or they are working on big improvements instead of just tweaking little things.

I sure hope so man. I havent played that game in a long while. I usually play Avp2 and UT2K3 now. Oh and most recently Raven Shield.:D

Originally posted by JediNyt

Im with you guys, its getting really old and not fun anymore. They need to make it more realistic. Its become Quake with lightsabers. Nothing but bull**** bull**** bull**** as I play. How about some real saber fighting. Real saber moves, saber contact, and damage. Whats with the guns in that game? Lame! You can practically outrun a blaster shot! And even if you dont it doesnt matter cause it hardly puts a scratch on you! Time for SW games to get real! You get nailed with a saber or shot in the torso or head you die! Simple as that.

I agree about the saber moves. To me blue is only good for its special and yellow has some advantage. Red s supposed to be awesome attack (it does) but lame defense which is not true unless you count the seconds that you are vulnerable to attacks when you swing.

If you think weapons are lame how about you fight me with your saber and I fight you with my weapons. We could then if you can outrun my weapons.

It is not dying. It is merely not as exciting as it once was because it is old. I still get my kicks out of playing Tie FIghter so this game will never get old with me.

BigTeddyPaul

First, JK2 is not dying.

Besides, if they patch it, there's the potential of TRUELY killing it, because the patch is so bad. Besides, LA would never authorize a new patch just because a game community is dying. They already got their fat, greedy fingers on our money.

What the game needs is for some of these total conversion mods to finish. Also, the SP and animation codes need to be released. If new and good mods would come out, I'm sure many of the people that have left would play again.

Originally posted by JediNyt

All right, what would you do? How would you better the game, if it is even possible. What do you want? Saber only all the way? That would kill those who RP.

Do you want saber move improvements? Well, look at combat in JKI and JKII. Tell me they didn't improve dramatically. You can't, because they did.

For those who think JKII to be dead, there is no reason to come here saying it is, when millions of people play online every day of the week on this Earth.

Originally posted by obi-wan13

All right, what would you do? How would you better the game, if it is even possible. What do you want? Saber only all the way? That would kill those who RP.

Do you want saber move improvements? Well, look at combat in JKI and JKII. Tell me they didn't improve dramatically. You can't, because they did.

For those who think JKII to be dead, there is no reason to come here saying it is, when millions of people play online every day of the week on this Earth.

Meh. Dont ask that question. We are not the developers....

Oh,and I could've sworn that there were only thousands still playing every day...

:eek: u guys pissed obi off!!!!

:eek: i dont' think you should call JK2 dead.

For one thing - I want the game but the price is keepin me from it...its still 49.99. For a game thats dead...why isn't it on sale yet huh???! The newness just wore off the game is all...it happens to every game. Its the "been there done that" syndrome. The only cure for that is go get yourself a new game. Play that for awhile and then come back to JK2 and waaalaaa the newness magically comes back. God its been a heck of a morning. I want to go home and go to freekin bed.

Originally posted by STTCT

For one thing - I want the game but the price is keepin me from it...its still 49.99. For a game thats dead...why isn't it on sale yet huh???! The newness just wore off the game is all...it happens to every game. Its the "been there done that" syndrome. The only cure for that is go get yourself a new game. Play that for awhile and then come back to JK2 and waaalaaa the newness magically comes back. God its been a heck of a morning. I want to go home and go to freekin bed.

*high fives STTCT*

That's what I'm talkin about. I couldn't have said so better myself.

@Ty: I didn't ask how he owuld code/make such things, I only asked what improvements he wanted. That is a fair question to ask players that think it to be dead.

Most people seem to be going over to play UT2003, but where's the sabers in that?

I have one game installed on my PC, which is JK2 :)

It would be nice if they could add a patch / expansion with more saber moves (not stances though, it takes long enough to cycle through 5 ;))

I was thinking about adding more spinny type combos to the game, like in EP1 and EP2. Maybe some moves that leave your back facing the enemy so you can pull off a backstab :)

JK2 may be getting old, but I still find it enjoyable. :)

With all the models / maps / skins / files coming out, it's like Christmas everyday :D

more realistic is the way to go i think

one saber hit and your a gonner.. maybe if you get hit inthe arm you can still run around and ****. but if you get hit in the legs your a gonner. and stuff i dunno. more realistic

all they had to do was get rid of the force pull bug and leave bs and they woulda been right.. cmon who does a bs. and DOESNT MOVE? its very lame. man if i had a saber and had 16 people up my ass with red stance. i wouldnt be backstabbing and standign there man id be runnin for muh life. i mean. your FREAKIGN JEDI your not `100 year old grandmother who cant move. cmon man. bring back the good **** from 1.03

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY EDITED 1.04 SERVERS TO MAKE THEM 1.03 huh? HUH? yeah. yuo dont call that dieing. people are going back to the old patch cos 1.04 is lame

I have to play 1.04 patch, because when ever I play 1.02 or 1.03, my computer crashes after ever map change, and if I could play 1.02 or 1.03, I would.

But Jedi Outcast is not dying, dying is like when 1, or 100 or maybe 500 people are playing.

This will die in about a year-6 months though, because Xbox Live will be out, and other new and good games. :)

i believe it is dying. All my friends who played it avidly along with me during the summer have all found better games to play now (NWN, UT2K3, AoM etc)

I dont even have JK2 installed anymore:eek: but it just doesnt hold my atention anymore, like it used to.

Archived