Home

Helms Deep and Beyond?

Shadyz

I guess in the LOTR mood. I ve decided tobild the castle of Helms Deep and the outer walls in 2 seperate maps for a Mod Im doing. Im not sure if I should complete this or even release this. Whoeevr owns LOTR may take legal action :-/ can anyone inform me? Anyways here is a sample of the construction of the castle:

(some places I had to add stairs to make it a bit more playable)

http://ult-enterprise.com/images/3d/HelmsDeepCastle.gif

I would need some modelers if you guys want some brand nbew models. Doesnt have to be based striaght off Movie. But id liek any skinner or Modllers help with characters. But Ive taken a look at the already existing skinpacks which i think are pretty good.

msn: tmshadyz@hotmail.com

aol: shadyz02

reach me there if your interested in modeling/skinning.

Anyway Zeus has mention he was going to script it. If this is successful you can bet more will be released soon and in the future.

Thanks for reading.

• 3 weeks later...

the only way you can get sued for making this map is if you decide to make some money off of it. As long as you release it as freeware, then nothin can happen to you.

Helms Deep is going to be a very hard and complicated map. I have just started work on a 3d model of helms deep, and i now realize how big of a job i have put on myself.

There are some refpics you could use, but not many. It's best to wait untill the movies been out for a while, that way there will be more pics of the inside of helms deep, and not just the pictures of the oustide.

Good luck on making the map.

Archived