Home

Duel Cheat

D3-

lo all..

There's a new cheat / exploit out for duel that allows people to reconnect in milliseconds thus restoring their health and shield.

I'd like to know how this is done as twice it's been seen on my servers and it's annoying people. We caught one guy and perm banned hiim. ( http://www.byabuse.co.uk/byabuse.php?id=12163 ).

Alas I don't want anyone to post it here incase some moron see's and starts doing it. If you could please email me with the details on how it's done I'd be grateful.

d33@jedi-knight2.co.uk

Cheers.

Ah...that's how I got bumped all the way to the end...lol. That is soooo weak, why on earth do people even bother. Cheating in a game is so silly, if winning (by cheating, no less) at video games is how you're building your self esteem, then you have some serious issues!!! I play jk2 duel for the enjoyment of pitting my skill against some one else...let the best man win. If I cheated, how fun would that be? Oh well, I guess that's life. BTW, I think D3 only wanted to know so he could try to prevent that sort of thing on his clan's server...or maybe I'm just being naive :) Reptile IRON aka SuperLen

Telling the command here would serve nothing but to add to the already rampant use of this bug. It can't be deactivated by any cvar in the cfg. The only way to do it would be through a mod or a patch from raven. And I don't know what would go into coding a mod to stop this seeing as the command is something that's hard wired into the game engine and has a purpose and use other than it's being exploited for. So telling anyone what it is if you can't figure it out yourself isn't going to do any good. All it will do is allow the kiddies that frequent these forums for information to have another way to piss people off.

Most infamous....Haha.

Well, if it makes you feel better about your life, exploiting a bug in a video game, becasue you arent very good at it, then bragging about it on a video game forum saying your 'infamous' more power to you.

I'd say get a life, but you already know that.

And by the way, I remember playing you once on the Dojo map. You disconnected bug about 3/4 times, but that last time you didn't really do it quick enough and I got a red slash in, and killed you. Funny, you reconnected and was at the bottom of the list, then *gasps* you actually disconnected.

Good luck with that infamous thing.

Excusing Picasso's sheer stupidity due to his ignorence of not reading my original post I'll continue.

Fallen, if you insist that the bug cannot be fixed by coders or some form of script on the server and can only be fixed by a patch from Raven then there's no need for me to know. Never mind.

I thought if I found out how it works then my community could work out a way of fixing it. We are after all the biggest duel community in the UK so this cheat isn't exactly taken lightly.

Cheers for the info lads :)

I think I found a command that might be able to combat this, I run a CTF server so this bug doesn't really affect my server so I haven't tested the command out. However, I was looking through my different configs and noticed a command that seems to be at default.

seta sv_reconnectlimit "3"

I think 3 is default. I'm not sure if this would solve the problem but if it were set to 1 then perhaps it would thwart the exploitation of this bug. I'm not sure if setting it to 0 would be a good idea or even if this will do anything at all. Some of you duel server admins play around with this and let us know.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fallen1.jpg

Well we'll just ban these sick guys from playing...if that's the only way to combat these sick lamerZ.

Well if they think they are pwning us,then they're wrong.If they think by cheating they can win us then let's either kill him the legit way,or join them and cheat and annoy their lame @$$.Well,Jughead style:If you can't beat 'em,then join em!"

Lucky 56k'ers like me don't exactly have to deal with these guys...we still have the 'legit' bots for us.And remember,when you guys are sick of sick lamerz cheaterz,there's always the bot options.Those bots,however dirty they get with guns,will never cheat and shall always abide by the rules.:D

Take that you (sick) (lord of the)cheaters/lamerz!!!

Archived