Home

Difference between g_dismemberment and g_saberrealisticcombat?

tico_chico

I've spent considerable time playing JKII, and am starting to play around with console settings. I've searched these forums and found many discussions involving the two console commands g_dismemberment and g_saberrealisticcombat and the settings everyone recommends. I've been playing around these settings while playing SP and have a question:

What's the difference between the two?

I'm NOT looking for what people recommend for setting these on. As I said, I've read enough very good threads on settings. I want to know how their effects differ.

Thanks everyone!

g_dismemberment enables or disables basic dismemberment.

g_saberrealisticcombat is a cheat which allows multiple limb dismemberments and also increases saber damage.

g_dismembermentprobabilities sets frequency of dismemberment. 2 is rare, 1 is normal, 0, YES, I said ZERO, is excessive. This isn't a cheat and adds/removes no damage.

If you run g_saberrealisticcombat at a level of "1" it will bring the lame 1.04 sabers back to about the 1.02 standards. In other words if you are hit and are unable to block the shot and it is makes full contact with the body then you will die. I run a jedimod server with this on all of the time as well as skillmode. It may seem to make the game easy but in fact teaches you how to avoid hits! We practice with this and then go to other servers and clean house because we know how to avoid being hit at all while everyone who plays 1.04 most of the time knows that x amount of hits in x stance can be taken before you die. In short, it makes you a better player, not a worse one. Try it, I know you will like it!:D

Archived