Home

Dedicated server and AdminMod

Astien

Ok do this.

Download adminmod. Make a folder under "gamedata" called "adminmod". Now unzip the adminmod that you downloaded. Place the adminmod pk3 file into the folder.

Open jedi outcast. Load the adminmod under the "mod" section and then start your server with the ingame server utility. This works but is sloppy.

I do it this way, and it works much better. Download Jedirunner from here:

http://runner.gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

Now install it and follow the directions to get a "base" cfg setup. Now select your maps and export them. Then chose that map file for the cfg. Now make your server cfg. Now make a batch file using the ingame batch file utility. (this explanation is brief because it is all in the jedirunner directions).

Ok now you have a map cfg file in the base folder and a server cfg file in the base folder. You have a batch file under the game data folder. Add this to the last lint of the batch file by right clicking on it and selecting "edit": +set fs_game adminmod

Put you adminmod cfg and your motd cfg in the base folder after you change it to what you want them to say and what the damages and cvars you want.

Now you need to make a new folder under game data called adminmod. In this folder you put in the adminmod pk3 file. But in order for this to work you will need to have downloads enabled on your server. Or you can unpack the pk3 and just put the vm folder into the adminmod folder you created and make it a server side only modification. This is the way that i do it and it works very well.

I hope this helps you, it is not everything but it should be most of what you need to work t out.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived