Home

Favorite Cancelled TV Shows

-s/<itzo-

Originally posted by wardz

STORMY, speaking sense as usual..

[C3PO Mode]I have been known to spout Nonsense....from time to time...[/C3PO mode] :D

If I see another 'period drama' on Brit TV, I think I'll :barf:

Oh wait...there's one due to be shown soon isn't there? :(

Oh well... :barf:

And now they're doing the life and times of Jeffrey Archer?!? I mean...give me a break! :mad:

All I can say about American TV is...count yourselves lucky that you've got channels willing to plough finances into new projects. Some shows get axed, which is a shame, but some other good shows get to run... Enjoy them while they last. ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, apparantly the Jeffrey thing, there is one scene where he imagines himself and Mrs Thatcher, *cough* need i say more?

as much as I like Mrs T, that is too much!!

But what about qualiy programmes like The Office, and Alan Partridge and Robert Winston and David Attenborough, Michael Palin etc... yes there is a lot of crap about, but equally there is a lot of good stuff, as much as I criticise the BBC, I would choose them to any commercial channel..

Also, potential legislation being enacted could mean foreign stations owning British licences. This means they can dump their crappy output onto our airwaves and we have no choice... :(

-W

Posted by wardz

haha, apparantly the Jeffrey thing, there is one scene where he imagines himself and Mrs Thatcher, *cough* need i say more?

as much as I like Mrs T, that is too much!!

No WAY! :eek:

OMG... LMFAO! :lol:

That is too sickening to even contemplate thinking about! :D:p

Posted by wardz

But what about qualiy programmes like The Office, and Alan Partridge and Robert Winston and David Attenborough, Michael Palin etc... yes there is a lot of crap about, but equally there is a lot of good stuff, as much as I criticise the BBC, I would choose them to any commercial channel..

Same here :)

Posted by wardz

Also, potential legislation being enacted could mean foreign stations owning British licences. This means they can dump their crappy output onto our airwaves and we have no choice... :(

Hmm... I'd forgotten about that :(

Posted by Stormy

...the last one was probably the 'Gormenghast' adaptation, which was a bit heavy on the grey cells (although not as heavy as the books).

I loved that! It was awesome! :D

We need more of that sort of high-quality stuff on the Beeb and Channel 4...

Originally posted by wardz

Yeah, you're right. I didn't mean to say we don't have any quality programmes left...and many of them are a lot better than what is served over the airwaves overseas. I just guess I was brought up in a more liberal era as far as TV goes...a lot of stuff got screened in the late 60's and early 70's that wouldn't even make it onto a TV editor's desk these days... So in a way, some concepts are simply canned before they're even given a chance. This seems to happen mostly with projects with 'SF' or 'Fantasy' tags attached...because they usually mean larger budgets and more risk. It was almost a fluke that 'UltraViolet' made it to the screen (wish I'd seen more than two episodes of that show).

I'm still waiting for a Ripper series to be made (a spin-off from Buffy), which should be based in Britain.

As much as I like some of the stuff that gets imported from the US, I agree that there are a lot of 'unappealing' shows that come over with it. I just hope Alias doesn't get cancelled too soon, because it looks like it's shaping up into a really good show.

And I also hope that a rumoured War Of The Worlds adaptation gets the green light...because they plan to make it faithful to the original novel, set in the right time period, in Britain, etc. That would be excellent, if executed well (i.e., a decent budget for effects and accomplished actors). However, it's still on the drawing board, AFAIK... :( ( Source: SFX magazine )

Well, foreign corporations own practically everything else...it was only a matter of time. :crybaby:

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I loved that! It was awesome!

We need more of that sort of high-quality stuff on the Beeb and Channel 4...

I agree. Production values do not have to be compromised in any way simply because a show has SF or Fantasy elements. There is such a wealth of established literary material, some of which has made it's way into the mainstream, that more programmes of this nature should be seriously contemplated. As I've said before, if they used a 'serial' format, rather than a 'series', there is a great deal more scope for bringing such stories to the screen. :)

Posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Red Dwarf. Shooting Stars and League of Gentlemen.

I haven't seen them on TV for a while :(

I know for a fact that there's a Red Dwarf film in the making (to be released next Christmas), and I think they're planning a series for after that, depending on how well it's recieved...

I thought that there was going to be another series of the League of Gentlemen soon, too... :confused: ...I really shouldn't have stopped watching it after the first series... x_x

Wasn't Shooting Stars on fairly recently, too? :D

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

I know for a fact that there's a Red Dwarf film in the making (to be released next Christmas), and I think they're planning a series for after that, depending on how well it's recieved...

I thought that there was going to be another series of the League of Gentlemen soon, too... :confused: ...I really shouldn't have stopped watching it after the first series... x_x

Wasn't Shooting Stars on fairly recently, too? :D

Shooting Stars is probably on that darn BBC Choice... I'm too lazy to go downstairs to watch it :xp:

If only I had a TV Guide :(

• 2 weeks later...

Undeclared was funny. It gave you the impression that even in College that there were still girl challenged guys. It also introduced the stud living with the girl challenged and weird guy situation.

I miss Saved by the Bell. That show was so cool and make me think that High School was going to be like that. The College Years was good too but then when they made the New Class it all went down hill.

I also remembered of Gilligans Island and the Munsters. Giligan's Island was good and I remember watching all of them I think when I was a little kid. The Munsters was also funny and was good for it's time.

Someone also mentioned the Rosie O'Donnel show. That show wasn't cancelled, she just decided to leave it and continue other things. They then gave it to Caroline Rhea. She isn't as good as Rosie and I personally think that she ruined the show.

:duel::lsduel:

Exo-Squad(i wish i had ALL of the episodes on tape :()

TMNT

X-Men(i wish i had the first episodes on tape:(, but they did kinda go downhill after a while)

Beavis and Butthead (although they have a righteously kickass movie)

the very FIRST episodes of Transformers, none of that beast wars crap

and Voltron was way kickass too, damnit people, stop it, i'm starting to miss these things again :(:(:(

Archived