Home

ProMod bug...

Homeboy

Originally posted by Homeboy

Promod 3.0

Playing no force duel against bots

Bot has seeker and I have jetpack???!!!

It's just using your old force settings in the no force game. Because you don't have access to the skill setup screen when no force is enabled, just set your force and weapon skills correctly in a full force match, then begin your no force match. It should be fine from there on.

I think I may have disovered aother bug. Its hardly a major thing, more cosmetic. When choosing your saber colour using the sliders the game crashes (for me anyway). Its only when I start using the bottom 3 sliders that this happens. I solved this by just joining the game and then going back into the player setup menu and doing it that way. One more thing bout saber colours, its well difficult to work out what to do. I use yellow, I like yellow, but it took me ages to find it and it still looked more sort of flourescant green :(

Yeah it's true that it takes ages to find the right color. Maybe you should implement some default colors.

Another cosmetic bug is that in CTF/Ysalamari games, the defence level bar (the round thingie) blocks the flag status (both flags stolen, just one, etc.)

Well I just want some "clean" saber duels with bots sometimes... Setting skills all zero in a full force game does not help.

I agree on the default saber colors, too. The default six colors would be fine.

Oh, and the jetpack kills me on your server (lag) :(

Yes, the no force problem is definitely unintentional. I believe what I did was set all weapon skills to 3, except gadgets, which is set to 4 (so you can use the sentry turrets) whenever force was disabled. I'll make sure to add a fix for this in 3.1 that will disable the free equipment and jetpack when saber-only is selected.

In the meantime, try starting a no-force FFA instead of a Duel gametype, then adding a bot and changing the map through the console to one of the duel maps. Since it's an FFA, the bot shouldn't recieve the seeker drone, just a Force Field Generator. That will at least eliminate part of the problem. The bots won't use the jetpack yet, so that at least isn't a problem.

as soon as i heard ProMod was released, i downloaded and played for hours upon hours ... ok, maybe not THAT long, but it was a while.

:D

anyway, for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the jetpack. doesn't it have to do with setting gadgets to full? or is there something else i'm missing?

Originally posted by Wolf Devil

You've yet to explain why the saber colors are such a bitch.

You just need to understand the light spectrum primary colors and how they mix to come up with what you're after. Also remember that both the outer and inner cores will become more transparent as they approach black. Because they are transparent, the inner glow is going to mix with the outer glow to produce a third color. So, if you have a full green inner glow, and a full red outer glow, then you're going to get a red(outer), yellow(middle), and green(inner) saber color. This is because in the light spectrum, red and green combine to make yellow.

End of color theory lesson.

Originally posted by adillon

as soon as i heard ProMod was released, i downloaded and played for hours upon hours ... ok, maybe not THAT long, but it was a while.

:D

anyway, for the life of me i cannot figure out how to get the jetpack. doesn't it have to do with setting gadgets to full? or is there something else i'm missing?

Ah, the common question. :]

You need to do two things:

1. remove all skill points from your force powers to free up level 4 weapon skills. Buy level 4 Gadgets.

2. Bind a key in the controls->movement menu to "jetpack".

After that, you'll have the jetpack on your next respawn. You'll know it's available when you see a green fuel bar in the lower center portion of your screen.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

You just need to understand the light spectrum primary colors and how they mix to come up with what you're after. Also remember that both the outer and inner cores will become more transparent as they approach black. Because they are transparent, the inner glow is going to mix with the outer glow to produce a third color. So, if you have a full green inner glow, and a full red outer glow, then you're going to get a red(outer), yellow(middle), and green(inner) saber color. This is because in the light spectrum, red and green combine to make yellow.

End of color theory lesson.

... Mmmhmm.. Yeah.. sure.. Now mind tellin me how is it that when I set it to full 0 on outer and inner inorder to get my mighty light-toothpick that I get a disgusting black light sorta deal? And besides that, why can't it be like in the betas of 3.0 and when I set it to full red outer and full green inner, I got the cool deal seen at http://www.oculis.org/promod/img/yellow_red.jpg ? Though ofcourse the one in the pick is kinda ugly (early beta of 3.0, I would imagine)... But my point is: I can't help but want to be able to set it to full blue inner and full green inner and expect to get a green aura with light-blue inner and be able to see it quite clearly in the Player selection UI such as at http://www.oculis.org/promod/img/yellow_red_setup.jpg.... Though I'd never use somthing as ugly as green and blue... And for the record: When I downloaded 3.0 from http://www.jediknightii.net then played it and set it to full red outer and full green inner, my lightsaber was red with a really really thick white core which reminded me alot of the dumb@$$ attempts at Episode 2 sabers

... Mmmhmm.. Yeah.. sure.. Now mind tellin me how is it that when I set it to full 0 on outer and inner inorder to get my mighty light-toothpick that I get a disgusting black light sorta deal? And besides that, why can't it be like in the betas of 3.0 and when I set it to full red outer and full green inner, I got the cool deal seen at http://www.oculis.org/promod/img/yellow_red.jpg ? Though ofcourse the one in the pick is kinda ugly (early beta of 3.0, I would imagine)... But my point is: I can't help but want to be able to set it to full blue inner and full green inner and expect to get a green aura with light-blue inner and be able to see it quite clearly in the Player selection UI such as at http://www.oculis.org/promod/img/yellow_red_setup.jpg.... Though I'd never use somthing as ugly as green and blue... And for the record: When I downloaded 3.0 from http://www.jediknightii.net then played it and set it to full red outer and full green inner, my lightsaber was red with a really really thick white core which reminded me alot of the dumb@$$ attempts at Episode 2 sabers

Ah, now i see what your problem might be. My bet is that you've got some saber mods installed in your gamedata/base directory that are screwing with the promod ones. I'd really try uninstalling and reinstalling jk2 to clear everything out, then install the 1.04 patch, then install Promod 3.0. My bet is that your sabers will come out just as crisp as everyone else's then.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

Ah, now i see what your problem might be. My bet is that you've got some saber mods installed in your gamedata/base directory that are screwing with the promod ones. I'd really try uninstalling and reinstalling jk2 to clear everything out, then install the 1.04 patch, then install Promod 3.0. My bet is that your sabers will come out just as crisp as everyone else's then.

First of all: BUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would I download pieces of ****? If you know I actually have the intelligence to download somthin as good as ProMod, why on earth would you imagine I'd download saber replacements? I said that when I first downloaded 3.0 and set it to full red outer, full green inner it LOOKED LIKE the disgusting episode 2 replacements. Second of all: You didn't answer my other question: why can't it be like the beta versions of 3.0?

Originally posted by L3onheart

Another cosmetic bug is that in CTF/Ysalamari games, the defence level bar (the round thingie) blocks the flag status (both flags stolen, just one, etc.)

After you've gotten yourself used to the different bonus meters and what causes them to go off, you can turn them off by changing

promod_drawBonusMeters "1"

to

promod_drawBonusMeters "0"

in your promod jk2cfg, or just type the second one in the console with a / in front

First of all: BUAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why would I download pieces of ****? If you know I actually have the intelligence to download somthin as good as ProMod, why on earth would you imagine I'd download saber replacements? I said that when I first downloaded 3.0 and set it to full red outer, full green inner it LOOKED LIKE the disgusting episode 2 replacements. Second of all: You didn't answer my other question: why can't it be like the beta versions of 3.0?

If that's not it, then I'm not sure what is up with your saber images. I haven't been able to find anyone else that can reproduce what you're experiencing. Try installing the latest video drivers for your card and see if that helps. You also still might want to reinstall. That will give you a clean config file to work with, so if there's some aberrant setting messing you up, then it will get set back to the default value.

Archived