Home

Fists

Darth_Linux

in case any one was wondering, the Fists in the demo are straight out of JO, so whatever you think of them, that's what they are in the regular game. Technically fists are a cheat, and are not supposed to be there except when you have the light goggles on (like in the dark room of the Lady Luck level) so they really weren't meant to do anything.

I don't know if they actually inflict damage or not either - when I hit a stormie, they didn't seem to do much to him.

The swing sound will be fixed for the final version - The One thought the whoosh sound was corny so I caved in and put the punch sound back in all the time against my better judgement - 8^P on you Rich!

jk, yer an OK chap!

Oh yeah, they do damage. It only takes about 20 punches to down a guy... :D

The only usefulness they actually did serve in the game was to kill, well

those Kell Dragons

. Even if you ran out of ammo, its better to retrace your steps to the beginning, collecting whatever goods you can.

1. Yeah, they do do damage, but it takes like ten hits to take someone down.

2. One suggestion. In weapons.dat, try replacing the saber entry with fists. It might make the fists workable with weapnext and weapprev command.

3. For the part with the

Kell dragons

An easy way around the problem of the fists doing so little damage would be to just give those Kell dragons very low health.

• 1 month later...

Actually, fists do MORE damage than the pistol or the blaster rifle. But it is still not a very good idea to use it unless you have to. Also, in the original DF, if you punched a storm trooper while facing straight in the air it would kill him in one hit - and knock him 100 feet in the air. It is hilarious ;)

Originally posted by Perfect Chaos

Actually, fists do MORE damage than the pistol or the blaster rifle. But it is still not a very good idea to use it unless you have to. Also, in the original DF, if you punched a storm trooper while facing straight in the air it would kill him in one hit - and knock him 100 feet in the air. It is hilarious ;)

Yeah, I've done that. But there is a funnier glitch with Gammoreans. You can stand a few paces away from them and do damge and do the same thing. I accidently did it on Ergo. Lots of ammo wasted there trying to move that thing in the main part of the station for weeks.

Originally posted by Count_D00ku

Actually the fists were very useful for also destroying the Diagonas, those bastards level 3 took me the longest to complete.

The puzzle was the hard part. That's saying something. I always got gun happy with the critters and I too had to rely on fists.

Looks like here's what we're ending up with (unless we decide to change it ;) ):

Lightsaber will be disabled for the game unless cheats are enabled. Presently, if cheats are disabled, right now you get the stun baton.

Now, of course, we really want fists instead of the stun baton (just wouldn't be DF without them), so I'd like to use the fist models and animation from the SP game and substitute them for the Stun Baton in our engine.

Hope I'm not giving too much away here...

:D

Originally posted by The_One

Maybe we can? JediStone - possible?

Off the top of my head, I can't see why not. It will take some tweaking of the weapon selection logic, but it should be doable.

Right now, the saber would replace the fists, since it currently replaces the stun baton when cheats are enabled. It might be cool to have it behave like the detonator/charge/tripmine selection in JO, so you could select between fists & saber with the same selection key.

Any feedback on that idea?

Originally posted by JediStone

Off the top of my head, I can't see why not. It will take some tweaking of the weapon selection logic, but it should be doable.

Right now, the saber would replace the fists, since it currently replaces the stun baton when cheats are enabled. It might be cool to have it behave like the detonator/charge/tripmine selection in JO, so you could select between fists & saber with the same selection key.

Any feedback on that idea?

That sounds cool. Well, I would like to cheat a third time as a Jedi and play Jabba's ship with fists until I get my gear, then I'd like the saber...

Originally posted by JediStone

Off the top of my head, I can't see why not. It will take some tweaking of the weapon selection logic, but it should be doable... It might be cool to have it behave like the detonator/charge/tripmine selection in JO, so you could select between fists & saber with the same selection key.

I've been working on this and it's looking like it's going to work just fine. Now everyone's happy! (yeah, right...)

Thought y'all might like to see where I'm at with this...

I got the third person animation working this morning, and the way I've got it set up now is that anytime you select the fists, it switches to third-person (camera) view.

Here are some screenies:

shot0002.jpg

shot0004.jpg

shot0005.jpg

The next step is to get the first person animation working (and I think we may have a solution/workaround for that)...

Archived