Home

An incredibly simple request. (only a few minutes of your time...)

Exar

I have been attempting to import models into sp for as long as I've owned the game (about 7 months) and I have never been successfull (at modding anything with this game for that matter). I am very far from being computer illiterate and I have read every tutorial I could find, gotten several people to guide me through the proccess step by step, and have subsequently given up all hope of being able to do it myself. All I would like is for someone to make a quick pk3 (or multiple pk3's) that replaces some sp models with third party ones that I'd rather have. I will locate all of the models myself and contact the authors for permission. all I need is for someone to compile the pk3.... You have no idea how frustrating this has been for me, knowing that i should be able to do all of this wicked stuff, but cant for some bizarre reason.... Would a kind soul out there have some sympathy and help a fellow star wars fan out? I have a feeling that a pk3 for sp with the models i have in mind would turn out to be really popular, and it should only take a few minutes of someones time to make.

well, thank you for coming foreward and offering your time. if either of you are familiar with the 'ultimate mod' for sp, than you you'll have an idea of what i have in mind. basically it would have all of the best third party models from episodes 1,2 and 3-6 that would either be added to or replace the original game models.

this would require the same kind of editing used in the ultimate mod to determine things like character hight and ai behavior (so that each character behaves authentically to their movie counterpart). some aspects of the 'ultimate mod' could be cannibalized directly (with the authors permission of course).

i honestly think that if someone made a mod that added all of the best third party models with realistic behavior to the sp game, it would go along way to revitalizing the sp mod community. people would have a great tool with which to make exciting single player maps and campaigns if they had all of the characters to work with....

well what do you guys think? i know it would be a little more than a few minutes work, but again, i will do all of the model gathering, and permission asking. i just need someone to compile the pk3 and maybe do a little .cfg editing.

yes similar to QuiGon007's mod but he did some things that i thought could be improved upon. the big difference between the 'ultimate mod' that shem did and QuiGon007's episode 3 mod is that shem figured out a way to add new models without replacing any of the original ones, and he altered the ai so that the new characters behave like themselves (eg. maul doesnt use force lightning but lots of acrobatics).

it would not be a tc or anything, just a mod that adds all of the characters to the sp game so that i can spawn them or other people can make new sp levels with them. if you havent already, i suggest you check out shem's ultimate mod. it covers everything i am talking about and already has many of the best models included. there are only a few altercations i would do to it such as make the chewbacca model have a bowcaster instead of a lightsaber, and add boba and jango fett as well as some other models (han solo, federation battledroids and whatnot).

well, i have figured out how to import models into the sp game without replacing any default ones, but now ive run into the problem where the weapons are apearing around the crotch area of the new models. so unless anyone can tell me how to fix that, i dont really need help getting the models in game anymore. specifically i want to get one of the third party models (han solo) to use a gun in the sp game...

Neither, you need to d/l the 2nd Raven Tools pack. It has a .zip file with every SP JKII script file in .txt format. You can edit them in wordPad, then export them with the BehaveEd.exe file included in the pack...a readme is also included (scripting is not too hard, I figured it out in about a day or so). :)

edit: the link for the tools is here

thank you for your patience in trying to help me boinga. i will try that if i have to, but i was hoping for a simpler solution like the one provided in this thread.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73289.

so your saying that this thread and its solution are irrelevant to my problem? because that is the exact problem im having and no one else has said anything about needing the raven tools pack to fix it. have you successfully imported an npc into sp without replacing one of the default models? if so please tell me how you did it.

and to rebel_spy, simply browse the models section of the jediknightII.net files. there are plenty of high quality models there that i would love to have as sp npc's.

Use the NPC Mananger Beta, you can create NPC´s with it in an easy way, I didnt find it to difficult. The only problem would be that the original NPC´s gets repaced, and then I dont mean they are called the same thing, but that the NPC.cfg file is replaced with a new one that only includes the NPC´s you´ve created..... I am tryig to find a way to do it anyway.....

Edit: You can find it on http://www.Jediknightii.net

yes, the only problem with that 'IS' the fact that it replaces the original models, which is not my intent. i can get the weapons to work just fine when replacing the default models and i dont need to use npc manager to do it. what i want is to add new unique npc's to spawn (which i can do with the exception of the weapon bug).

• 4 weeks later...

The npc manager dont work on my comp so had to figure out how to add new npcs the hard way. Well actually my cousin (Savman) told me :p But i havent figured out how to add weapns yet. I think u cud just copy all of jans info and paste it below hers in the npcs.cfg file. Inside the file rename the npc name to han solo or what ever. thn change the model and sound folders it looks in. i havent tried it so i dunno if it works. tht is only if you want some one using jans gun i wud expect. because wen u copy the jedis stuff it gives the new npc a saber. but wen we first tried it we renamed the npc to poof (we was inserting yarael poof) but he had an invisble light saber (because we copied the jedis stuff) but he appeared to be holding a gun. so we renamed it jedipoof and now he works fine. so i would try tht with han solo or whoever you are switching. hope it helped.

Archived