Home

Monkey Quake

Huz

Would anyone be interested in a deathmatch game of Quake on the world-famous MONKEY ISLAND MAPS? Specifically db2001 (the deathmatch version of the SCUMM Bar map) and mojo3 (the map of the International House of Mojo from EFMI that DJG made based on that one screenshot :)). Reply to this thread or PM me if you are. Interested, that is.

Remember kids, you can play Quake anywhere, but you can only go on Monkey Island related maps in stupid Guybrush skins with the MIQC MIC...P? Mmm.

I'll spam-up the main Mojo board with the same. (On second thoughts, maybe I'll just try to slip it subtly into the conversation, or something.)

Great! I think I have a server sorted out, so once I coerce Mort into testing it for laginess, I'll come up with a date and time. Sometime this week, so we don't lose interest. Much.

Thanks for your interest. :) We'll start on mojo3 (since that actually works under GLQuake!) and see where we go from there.

Can I just ask you to test your QuakeWorld installation at some point this week, to avoid the usual problems after a long time without a game? :) Server suggestion: 194.109.6.220 (for European types). Shoot you IN THE HEAD there, maybe.

ACHTUNG ACHTUNG: The server address above isn't the server we'll be playing on, it's just a SUGGESTION if you want to practice, man.

Hmm, I must dig up my quake CD and then download the necessary patches and extra fun. I forgot that I'd deleted it, or possibly lost it in formatting, or something else, quite awhile ago. I'll try to be all ready to go by tomorrow, but unfortunately I won't be able to play with you European types until Friday. I've got school until 1AM GMT from Monday through Thursday. But Friday, Saturday (oh nos I have work!!!1), and Sunday are open for funtimes.

Hmm. The server I had in mind possibly-maybe-perhaps isn't available for the funtimes over the weekend.

Then again, it can probably become available if I try hard enough.

Can everyone post or PM me with their ideal playing times?

OK. Thursday (5th December) at 8pm GMT sound good to you? Because it sounds most excellent to me.

Tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell people you just met in the street and you haven't formed an opinion of yet! I'll post the server in this very thread nearer the time. Punks.

Judging by the performance of THE SERVAR, the middle of December is starting to look increasingly likely. Sniff.

Still, I'll keep messin' with it, man.

EDIT: Just to let you know, the servar is hosted on a network which seems to be overloaded during the week. We'll see how it goes, but if it's rank, I apologise in advance. :( Whether it goes really badly or really well, we'll try it again over the weekend, when the network will not be overloaded and also our American "friends" can join in.

Remember kiddies, the game is TONIGHT at 8pm GMT (that's British time). I've put the server up now so you can get acquainted. It's at:

qworld.dyndns.org

Sadly it's still fairly laggy, but we'll see how things work out. :(

Thanks for bothering to turn up to Mort, bgbennyboy and Murray-Mint. Hooray. It was fun, the server ended up behaving relatively well, and we'll probably end up doing it again at some point - weekend after next, we think. Perhaps.

We'll have to drill it into your heads more next time.

Archived