34 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your favorate SW movie?

• Phantom Menace
    • AOTC
    • A new hope
    • empire
    • return of the jedi

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

*bows his head in acceptance but is secretly plotting his revenge for he has turned to the DARK SIDE (and is secretly married to the amazingly fine Padme)*

blind was i if i could not see this oh well,

*gathers up some jedi friends which include obi-wan, mace windu and yoda. goes and hunts down Reborn Outcast but he hitches a ride with Count Dooku!*

WE SHALL GET U YET! GREED AND MISTRUST R YOUR WAS NOW!

(btw how do u like my new saber av guys? i used naboo lettering and star wars lettering in it!)

Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

blind was i if i could not see this oh well,

*gathers up some jedi friends which include obi-wan, mace windu and yoda. goes and hunts down Reborn Outcast but he hitches a ride with Count Dooku!*

WE SHALL GET U YET! GREED AND MISTRUST R YOUR WAS NOW!

(btw how do u like my new saber av guys? i used naboo lettering and star wars lettering in it!)

*Becomes high Emperor of the Universe and forces Matt-Liell Arroblade to give him that neat avatar (while still married to Padme)*

Back to the topic, I would have to say that AOTC comes in a close second... the graphics were amazing and I can think of a great scene with Padme in her white shirt...:D *ahem* ANYWAY...

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

*Becomes high Emperor of the Universe and forces Matt-Liell Arroblade to give him that neat avatar (while still married to Padme)*

so i take it u like it eh? (avatar i mean!) and i thought it through and i think i like AOTC then PTM or ROTJ then ESB then ANH!

and just so u know THE JEDI R COMING! u cant fool me Vader i know its u!:D

Originally posted by Matt-Liell Arroblade

so i take it u like it eh? (avatar i mean!) and i thought it through and i think i like AOTC then PTM or ROTJ then ESB then ANH!

and just so u know THE JEDI R COMING! u cant fool me Vader i know its u!:D

You guys must stop this jedi bickering nonsense.

* unbenownst to every one, General Veers has been secretly studying the ways of the dark side of the force. General Veers ignites his lightsaber and now becomes....... DARTH MAXAMILLION VEERS! General Veers and reborn outcast become a dark jedi pair and team up to destroy all good in yodas swamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Phantom Menace: Good Story, Overwhelming FX.

2. Attack of the Clones: Not So Good Story, Overwhelming FX.

3. Return of the Jedi: Good Story, Great FX.

4. The Empire Strikes Back: Good Story, Great FX.

5. A New Hope: Real "story telling" is too short, but Good FX for the time they were in ;)

1. Attack of the Clones: George Lucas' imagination is finally unleashed. It's much more well-directed than TPM (in which, I think, he seemed pretty rusty), and, indeed, it is one of the most well-directed movies I've ever seen. It has a scope that has just never been seen before. The acting, for the most part, is excellent (I don't care what others say, Hayden Christinsen is an excellent Anakin, and can really carry the dramatic weight of the character when things get really heavy, i.e., Anakin's mother dies, Anakin tells Padme about slaughtering the Tuskens). We get to see some excellent, mind-bending political power plays... it's the beginning of the Star Wars dystopia. It's a masterpiece.

2. The Empire Strikes Back: By far one of the best movies ever made, it falls short of AotC, for me, because the scope is slightly smaller. There's no way A New Hope could have been followed up by anything better. Just thinking about sequels... it could have been a ripoff, but Lucas decided to make it a chapter story with definite ups and downs. This is the darkest part of the dystopia. Second best lightsaber duel.

3. The Phantom Menace: Probably not as strong as any of the others, it's still a magnificent movie. It introduces us to the classic Jedi, gives us glipses of things that we've never imagined. There are two things holding this one back: they're on Tatooine far too long... Star Wars is visual, and there's not much visual about Tatooine; and two: the scope is very small. On the surface, only Naboo is in danger. However, when you peel away the surface, you see a very deep and dark plot involving the Sith's move to gain control of the galaxy. The plot is not as shallow as many of the other SW movies, but it can be hard to see... as hard to see as the Dark Side itself :eyeraise:

4. A New Hope. There's just something about this one that doesn't do it for me. At least not to the extent as the three mentioned above. Maybe it seems like too much of a Flash Gordon serial. Still, a good movie. They don't make 'em like this anymore... well... Lucas does... but besides him... ;)

5. Return of the Jedi. These last three fluxuate a lot, depending on my mood. RoTJ is the last now, and has been the last for a while. Really, we don't see anything new. We're back to Tatooine, we're in a redwood forest, we're back on a Death Star. Lucas said it best in "From Star Wars to Jedi"... he was basically remaking the original, but with a bigger color palet. The special effects blow ANH away, and besides the opening battle of the Clone Wars, it has the best finalle of any of the movies... but there're too many things detracting from it to gain it a higher spot right now. Too much is left to exposition... Obi-Wan telling Luke about his father (and sister), and Luke telling Leia he's her sister... RotJ also has about the worst line in the trillogy: "I know... somehow, I've always known." Now think about this in the context of the trillogy (hint: French).

So there's my list... for the moment.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived