Best super organism  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Best super organism

• Arachnid (Star Ship Troopers)
    • Borg (Star Trek)
    • Xenomorph (Aliens)
    • Zerg (Star Craft)

Originally posted by Wrinkled~Lemon

damn.. i need to get glasses... when i 1st look at the topic title, i read: " Best Super Orgasm "......

I was wondering how long it would take someone to mention this heh.

Xenomorphs are by far the freakiest aliens ever. I don't even know why the Borg are up there. They aren't an organism, they are Cyborgs. Plus they don't sneak around, and move fast, or come out at night, heh. They just lumber around and have personal shields (ooohh SCARY!).

Zerg suck (well somewhat). There's nothing special about them. If it weren't for Xenomorphs, (all Aliens are Xenomorphs btw, but we all knew that right??) the Zerg would probably cease to exist, cuz the Zerg are somewhat based on them. Blizzard even said that, they were loosely based on the Alien. Oh btw did anyone notice the nice startling resemblence to Hydralisks and that creature in Episode 2:AOTC, when Anakin and them are in the Coliseum?? As soon as I saw that I was like "wtf is a Hydralisk doing in Star Wars??"

Those creature's from Starship troopers are pretty nasty, but they weren't scary. At least not jump outta your chair scary. Maybe it was just poor directing?? Again I think these aliens were duped somewhat to resemble the Xenomorph from Alien. Yawn just another clone.

Where's the Predator and those underground tunnelers from Tremors? They were freakin scary. More scarier then Zerg and Borg IMHO.

Anyways i'm basing my opinions based on scaryness factor.

You never really defined what Super was related too, anyway's.

Originally posted by Wrinkled~Lemon

damn.. i need to get glasses... when i 1st look at the topic title, i read: " Best Super Orgasm "......

I was gonna post that,but then I thougt someone who will go nameless would kill me.

Not like he hasnt,already.:D

Originally posted by Hyperglide

You never really defined what Super was related too, anyway's.

Omf...:roleyess: Well I guess I cant blame you if youve never heard of it. Just a coincidence.

su-per-or-gan-ism (soo-per-or-ge-niz-m) n. a colony of interdependent organisms, as in the social insects, whose castes, individuals, etc. act as a unit

Ok then? Super efficient yet simple and primitive organisms living as a unit instintively, or as with the species in subject, controlled by a hive mind.

Preds dont apply here. They can think and feel on their own without a hive mind and or strict instincts.

Yes Star Craft got some of the ideas for its species from Aliens, Colonial Marines, and Predators. Lets get back on topic. Use known facts.

I'd agree that the Borg aren't really an organism, but fit into what the question asks. They act with a single mind, rather than individuals. It's almost a question asking, what is the best "big bug" creature out there. It can't be that smart, but must be fearsome.....

"You're on an express elevator to hell...... Goin' Down!"

This is the weird sound file that was part of Quake, which is a quote from Aliens - not used anywhere in Quake, but installed in the game directory!!

Originally posted by Hyperglide

(all Aliens are Xenomorphs btw, but we all knew that right??)

Don't quite get you here, but Xeno(meaning alien) and "morph" (meaning "morphable" or changeable) fits the bill on the Giger Aliens - though not on most other.

the Zerg would probably cease to exist, cuz the Zerg are somewhat based on them. Blizzard even said that, they were loosely based on the Alien.

They're obviously based on them, and not as cool, you're right. But biologically, they're better.

Zerg are the microskopic larvae that burrows into you and starts mind controlling and manipulating you to their own ends. The aliens' two huge weaknesses are their foodsource and their egg layers:

Once the source for hosts/food are depleted, they're left on a lifeless rock, waiting for new hosts to find them. This means they'll spread extremely slowly, if at all.

If you take out the egg layers (queens), they're crippled. It has not been "proven" that an Alien drone can morph into a queen once the spot is vacant, but even if it could, it'd still be hazardous for the entire race. The problem is, the creatures that are most likely to roam ahead and encounter new hosts are the only ones incapable of breeding. Once the queen is killed, you'd just have to avoid going near the eggs - problem solved.

While very cool, the Aliens breeding system is severely skewed.

Oh btw did anyone notice the nice startling resemblence to Hydralisks and that creature in Episode 2:AOTC, when Anakin and them are in the Coliseum?? As soon as I saw that I was like "wtf is a Hydralisk doing in Star Wars??"

Cool - I'll have to look out for it the next time! Was it the beginning where Annie and his crew are still tied to the pillars and the 3 baddie monsters emerge?

Those creature's from Starship troopers are pretty nasty, but they weren't scary. At least not jump outta your chair scary. Maybe it was just poor directing?? Again I think these aliens were duped somewhat to resemble the Xenomorph from Alien. Yawn just another clone.

Not a clone. Starship Troopers is a novel from the 60's IIRC. Definately way before Alien.

Originally posted by Cjais

Aight, now I'm getting curious...

Can somebody explain to me what the "Borg" are?

the borg are a cyborg spices that go around the universe, take over planets and then assimilate the spicies of the planet and make them into borg. and its from star trek.

They're from Star Trek. They are part Organic part Machine, they assimilate Organic people. They are trying to reach perfection by being Machine and Organic. Anyways, they can turn you into one of them by sticking a needle in to you and then adding implants. Then you become one of their collective. You lose the abilty to think for yourself, you are it. The Borg Collective.:)

Whoever said the Borg arent an organism is wrong. They are part organic part machine. As Skate Boy also said. They are a living being. A cybornetic organism. The terminator also said that but they are only part organic when they are required to look human for a paritcular mission and are covered in living tissue. But they arent really an organism. They dont live. Borg do live cause they are permanently organic.

Remember this is also an opinion thread. Even though it asks what the best one is youre still entitled to your own opinion. I base my opinions on facts personally.

Archived