Home

The missing Star Wars books

Vega Nite

Did anybody out there besides me ever know of the Star Wars books that came out before Truce at Bakura. The first one was The Glove of Darth Vader and the Second was Lost City of the Jedi. And the there were about 7 other books. They were all more like childrens books but they were pretty good and they came out I believe in 93 or early 94. The thing about them was that they didnt have anything to do with the current timeline in Star Wars Expanded Universe so it really creates an alternate timeline or Universe for Star Wars. And its one that actually fits the Star Wars movies. There is no metals that a lightsaber cannot cut through or a mix between light and dark powers. Its more true to the movies the only thing is that it ends at the ninth book. And since I dont really lke where they've gone with the E.U. I wish someone would expand this universe. Anyone else know what Im talking about?

Oh yes, I read those books a longo time ago... very long ago... they were okay, but still they were... they were very out there, some of them. And Ken and the Lost City of the Jedi... and the homework droid... and the little Star Wars action figures Ken has... and the Prophets of the Dark Side and the Prophecy about the glove of Darth Vader and the Rebel Base on Dagobah. Like I said, very out-there... I don't think it fits well with the movies... in fact, I'd dare to say that the only good thing that came out of these books was the concept of the Human Replica Droid.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Lando DID have a droid...

I have an insanely large colection of the boks, and amongst my colection is the Del rey compendium of Lando's Calrissian's Adventures.

Vuffi Ra was his droid for a brief period. Was not a human replicant - it's original owner put a skin like cover over it to lok like a member of a race he was trying to screw over - you really have to read the books for this bit - takes too long to explain, esp. w/out the book to hand.

Splinter of a Minds Eye is also in my colection. It is kinda in conflicy w/ EpII over how Vader's arm was cybernetic, as originally, he is supposed to be in the suit for respiration purposes above all else, for reason that I am sure will be contradicted in EpIII from the EU reasons...

As for the set that Vega Nite noted in his orignal reply - you actually got me stumpped! I know what the next Original trilogy based bookt o be realised is called and about, but I am DARNED if I can remember anything about those. I will see if my copy of Behind the Magic says anything...

Keep you posted onthis.

Archived