Home

Monkey Quake: THE RETURN

Huz

After a relatively successful first attempt (despite the lag!), we'll be repeating the exercise. Same game (QuakeWorld), same crazy Monkey Island maps (one of which "sucks" apparently), same stupid Guybrush skins. See the other thread for more details, loves, since we're like, doing the same again. It's like, a bummer (if you hated it the first time).

The match will be on Sunday 15th December (that's next Sunday) at 8pm GMT (that's 3pm EST, yanks). Same server, qworld.dyndns.org, though it may or may not be unavailable until soon before the game begins. If you're dazed and confused, come to #Monkey-Island (on GamesNet now, remember) and ask for The Huz, or more likely Mort-Hog (the secret of good management is delegation!), who will deal out a customary mocking and then help you, probably. This is also where we'll meet before and after the game to diss each other for failing to plan ahead and asking each other how rcon works anyway and admitting we don't know and never have known, then saying how the game went relatively well, "considering". It'll be great. Come along.

Another thing! So much nonsense to read! You're advised to actually DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the maps we'll be playing (mojo3 and db2001). They will be downloaded automatically from the server if you're too lazy/stupid to install them yourself, but the process will be so slow you'll wish for death.

See you there then. (Or die!)

The server's up and will be up all weekend. What jolly good fun! Don't just connect though - you're very likely to find it empty. Swing by #Monkey-Island on irc.gamesnet.net and challenge the 'people' (loose terminology) in there to a game. If they refuse, call their mothers something creative, or feed them to the Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

That server address: qworld.dyndns.org. It's your friendly QuakeWorld server. Try it, or don't. Nonetheless, this is where we'll be playing on Sunday at 8pm British time. Be there or be eviscerated square!

Sounds like a lot of fun! Unfotunately I'm unable to be there to exchange Cans-O-Whoop-ass with you.

For those of you who care I'll be at the army base shooting real live weapons and being taught how to use real rocket launchers :D (I hate being there, but I love the irony.)

Have fun guys!

Oh, and by the way, I'll be on leave from the 19th Dec. to 6th Jan. so if you plan to do this again I'd be rolling on the floor in something resembling an epileptic seizure caused by extreme-super-flamey-happy-joy-over-flow.

Hooray, it was a success! (Although it did look a bit like a slideshow in places due to the number of players ;))

Have a look here for (rubbish) stats of the entire weekend. We played on Mojo3 and the SCUMM Bar from time to time leading up to the big event.

Anyway, good stuff! Hope to see you all again in the future... at some point.

Archived