Home

Yun WIP

BloodRiot

Hey there!

Yun is my first work for the DF2: JK Mod.

It seems ironic that im now working to recreate the very first game I ever modeled and skinned for.

Well.. as far as modeling concerns... I'm just about done. The only things I'll be messing with is minor bugs if I happen tocome across any. As of now it seems a-ok.

I'm not sure if Yun has a tunic flap hanging on his back as he does on his front... that is also something that I may need to add. I think he hasn't.. and I had lil luck finding reference pics that shed some light on the subject...as of now im gonna follow my suspicion that he hasn't.

Im gonna post the usual WIP pics. If any of you happens to have good reference photos please tell me of any errors you may find and please send them over to me or direct me to them if you be so kind.

yun_wip1.jpg

yun_head.jpg

yun_torso.jpg

Cheers

Hehe... Im working on the same team as Madjai. We are just assigned diferent jobs. He has done Jerec and Maw... im doing Yun now and I think i will be doing Sariss next.

I got a bit out of practice but I'm catching up. Im gonna start UVmapping the model for Absath to skin it while I attach the model to the skeleton and do all that boring part about making new models :p

Anyway thx for the compliment.

I started modeling on the notepad lol... DF2: JK 3do files were scripts containing the coordinates for the vertexes... im sure this one doesnt count lol.

Ok serioisly now... my first real 3d environment was milkshape 3d when I did some work for Vampire the Masquerade Redemption.

After that It was 3d Studio Max all the way.

Thx Toonces. :) I'll be mostly doing Dark Jedi fora bit :D

I heard you made some breakthroughs with facial animation. Gotta tell me how it's done... I left before people started using that :rolleyes:

Anyway... I went to the trouble of downloading a Smacker Player and saw the Yun Containing cutscenes from the original game.

No Back Tunic Flap.

Cheers :cool:

That's cool, I'll be very intrested to see what you do with Sariss :)

The facial animations are very easy to setup, It's just nobody tried to do it until I did so with Palpatine. There are 7 bones, jaw, lblip2, ltlip2, rblip2, rtlip2, ceyebrow, reye, leye. They are the only facial bones that carcass will compile

Flanders: I guess practice makes perfect. Modeling itself is not very hard for me. I can do it pretty easily.

For instance, the mandalorians took me over a mounth to complete, I was learning how to mod for this game at that time. Tyrion took me almost a couple of weeks. Big diference.

Last Friday I made the basic human outline. Then I took the weekend off 'cuz I have other hobbies such as the band. I started modeling Yun on monday. It's thursday and it's almost complete.

Well... to be honest... im sure that if this was a full time job or something... and using the same basic human outline.. I could prep a model in a day. 8 hours are more than enough to do everything providing there are no setbacks or bugs involved.

Of course I'm lazy and I like to take a few breaks now and then to play some games.

Anyway... if you got freetime on your hands... and you are confortable with modeling... this is done pretty darn fast... it's not as long a job as many think.

Also dont forget that a lot fo time is for beta test the model and correct the minor bugs. I usually take the time to correct every lil imperfection about animation as possible. Those shoulders are real SOBs.

Terror: huh? stunted? plz explain!:confused:

I do not know the meaning of "stunted" in this context.:(

Originally posted by BloodRiot

Terror: huh? stunted? plz explain!:confused:

I do not know the meaning of "stunted" in this context.:(

i think it's his torso... anyway, some part of the proportions looks off a bit. i can't really say what it is, because i just can't think of it. :sweat:

His waist is right where it should be.. i checked the skeleton. Heck I built this model on top of the skeleton and even compard to other models.

It's probably an ilusion created by the belt. Yun has a belt that resembles the weighlifters belts... really wide. In his front.. the belt almost covers all his abdominals.

Also.. if your arms are alongside of the body.. the elbows are roughfly at the same height as the waist... check the full body pictures to confirm it is right.

I want to see how he ends up after it's skinned... cuz the rendering system is a bit weird... things look a bit diferent in modview.

But I will keep every lil advice and sugestion in my mind in case you boys are right ;)

*Arms and legs too skinny.

*Torso may be out of porportion (this one may be the cause of the first).

*Waist may be to high.

There is no point of no return here.. just more hours of work ;)

Well... im having a few issues... I imported a jedi trainer head so I could do the facial animation better... that part is a bit dificult to model cuz of the eyes and inside of the mouth... those parts I imported must have some sort of thing going on.. maybe they dont like Yun's body or something and they insist on being out of place.

In max they are placed perfectly.. but when I export... they go berserk... the rest of the model is just fine.

I have to get that done... and Absath should be finishing the skin anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Thx... Modeling's just about done... I've been waiting for the skin to correct the minor bugs.

'till i get the skin this model is stalled. Well... I'm no one's boss...yet ,p so i wont be hasting Absath. I'm sure he's busy with his personal life.

As a secondary project I'm doing Dark Side Kyle, the modeling is done also and the skin job has been assigned to Baena from the TC mod im working with. I expect it to take less time.

I'm sorry I havent updated very often but really, there's nothing new to report i'm afraid. :(

Well, I hope I can put an end to this thread and be able to start a new one soon.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Archived