Home

Help!!1

Metallus

Ok, I've got all the Quake stuff now. I've got a question though: Is there some way that I can make a shortcut that automatically turns MLOOK on? I know that you can edit the shortcut with commands like -bpp 32 and -width 1024, but I'm wondering if there's something like that for mouse look.

I was putting in '+mlook' into the config file (at the bottom, don't if that makes a difference) which worked exactly once. When I started the game up again, the command had been erased from the file! This happened each time I put the command back into the config file.

Anyway, after you pointed out zQuake to me on IRC, I no longer needed to struggle with the config file :). Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...

ZQuake allows for much better graphics, like lots and lots of Quake mods, but more importantly, it gives you a whole load of different options to scale up or down so you can run it well on pretty much any machine. And also, you can slow down demos, which is really cool for screenshots and stuff.

Other bonuses of zQuake:

* Runs compressed ".qwz" demos - my 100MB+ of demos went down to less than 20MB after compression. Get hold of "Qizmo" and compress yours today...

* Does the aforementioned slow-motion replays.

* You can host a QuakeWorld server while playing on it. At the same time! On the same computer! Super.

* ...and it has the aforementioned better graphics. The main advantage of these "better graphics" for me is that the fog makes everything lighter...

As for autoexec files, you can just create 'em and fill them with stuff you want set up every time you run Quake, like dodgy cheating aliases and things.

So, Unreal Tournament, er, tournament eh? bgbennyboy mentioned it, and we might just do it. What do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived