Home

JK1 Files?

AKPiggott

The original Jedi Knight community, whilst fairly small produced some fantastic levels and mods. I have some levels myself that I'd like to send it.

Question is will LucasFiles be willing to host these mods/levels? I've already mailed the staff about this and haven't got a reply yet. I'd like to see what other forum members think of the whole thing.

LucasFiles will not host any Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith files. The focus of the site is to provide mods and files for present and future LucasArts games. You will find some demos and videos of older LucasArts games in the classic category, but this is obviously a just-for-fun category as a homage to all the games we grew up with (at least some of us).

Visac

Well that's a disappointment.

The original Jedi Knight is still a widely played and edited game and has had some of the best amateur levels ever made for any game.

I think LucasFiles will benefit from hosting these files, especially with the dire selection of Jedi Outcast SP levels that are available at the moment.

You have to send it to LucasFiles separately since you have to agree to the file submission disclaimer at LucasFiles. We cannot just copy all the files from jkii.net over to LucasFiles when their file authours never agreed to that disclaimer.

This means we have to start at zero and have to wait for people to re-submit their mods.

Originally posted by AKPiggott

Well that's a disappointment.

The original Jedi Knight is still a widely played and edited game and has had some of the best amateur levels ever made for any game.

I think LucasFiles will benefit from hosting these files, especially with the dire selection of Jedi Outcast SP levels that are available at the moment.

As Visac said, our main reason for focusing on current and new games is that we simply don't have the time to cover every single game. Each person who has access to update the database is a trusted member of one or more of the LFN sites. Those people usually do other stuff around the network, and maintaining the database alone can be a full time job. Secondly, our friends at Massassi do a wonderful job at hosting JK files.

If a modification to an older game requires that it be on LucasFiles to exist (due to the legal nature of it) than we would have no problem hosting such files.

Originally posted by ZeroXcape

As Visac said, our main reason for focusing on current and new games is that we simply don't have the time to cover every single game. Each person who has access to update the database is a trusted member of one or more of the LFN sites. Those people usually do other stuff around the network, and maintaining the database alone can be a full time job. Secondly, our friends at Massassi do a wonderful job at hosting JK files.

If a modification to an older game requires that it be on LucasFiles to exist (due to the legal nature of it) than we would have no problem hosting such files.

Gotcha. ;)

*Sumbits file to Lucasfiles* :)

Archived