Home

Requirments?

Ecks_Gecar

Ok I know that the 2700 and 2800 are out and they sappose to be 2.8..but I havent seen anything higher then a 2.17 wich is 2.1 I guess. And I know that over 2.1 is out..according to magazines..

So question is, is all 1800 a 1.5 and is all 2400 1.9?..If not is there a way to tell what speed each one is? And where can I go to get higher then 2.2 AMD cpu?

And yes thank you for the info you gave..That did explain some thing I wondered.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes all 1800 run at 1500 Ghz or round about

So a 2800 will have a standered speed as well...Not shore what :D

But it will be lower than the 2800 advertised...but like i say it's as good as a 2800 P4 :D

I just found a 2700 at http://www.Ebuyer.com for about £300, but that is a UK web site.

So looks like you can get them :D

EDIT: Just looked at this a little more for you and well it depends on your Voltage as well, The higher the voltage the higher the CPU will actulley run at, But i think that is going in to the relms of overclocking :D

Check this out : http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/

Trooper, that seems fine..altho, maybe an 80gb HD but 30 is fine too:)

The vid card I don't know about..does it support T&L?..

Am I right that they said the vid card has to support T&L?

Hey, If you got the money might as well throw in that cool ATI 9700 pro vid card:)

Yeah, Trooper, I just bought an 8250 with pretty much the same specs, except I bought the Radeon 9700 graphics card. Not sure how much RAM that intergrated card you have carries, but it may be the weak link in the speed chain, so to speak.

I love the 9700, and after testing it on several new games including Jedi Outcast, I'm very happy with spending the extra $300-400 (cant remember what came standard on the system i bought).

JS

Originally posted by Can-able

Guys

Also rember when you are buying Graphic Cards at the moment that non of them are DX9 compat ...Bar the Radon 9700 i think ..(Not shore)

Anyway SWG is more than likley going to be runing on DX9 .... Buy the time it comes out.

So i would say wait a couple of months now before you buy an new Graphic cards just for gaming becuse you could wait and get one that will make the most of DX9 .....

Cheers

Can-able

After reading the FAQ, I find this statement incorrect. They say it should be able to run on a low end comp at the time of release. That would be like 1-1.5 gig proc, 128 meg SDRAM, 20 gig HD and proabably a rather cheap vid card. That's just my opinion though, let me know how you all interpret this.

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

After reading the FAQ, I find this statement incorrect. They say it should be able to run on a low end comp at the time of release. That would be like 1-1.5 gig proc, 128 meg SDRAM, 20 gig HD and proabably a rather cheap vid card. That's just my opinion though, let me know how you all interpret this.

Darth ....Dude!!!

Can I ask why this is incorrect?

The FAQ as no bearing on Graphics cards, What I am point out in this post is that if you are planning on upgrading you system to play on SWG or any games come to that. Then why buy a Graphics card that is not going to be top of the line. I.e. not going to be making the most of DX9.

Dx9 will become stranded no matter how crap it is, and so are the features that a Dx9 compatible graphics card uses.....Like in NWN with Dx9 and the Radeon 9700 you can get reflection from water.

Weather SWG runs Dx9 or not ...You are going to want a Graphics card making the most out of Dx9 or you will just be throwing good money after bad.

All I am trying to say is if the game comes out in April you have time to wait for the industry to come up with HW that is better and can make better use of the software (Dx9)

And I will say now if this game uses any code for Direct Play (Part of DX) Then you are going to want DX9 weather it can run Dx 7 ,8 what ever :p

I am not disagreeing with you, what I am saying is that the game will probably not be designed with DX9 in mind. They say the average low end PC should be able to run the game. The average PC won't have a DX9 compatible card at the time of SWGs release. Why would they set up to run only on DX9? IE. Sell the game for $60 and force everyone to buy $350 graphics cards. They wouldn't, so for those of us with little money to spare, a Radeon 9000 pro should do the job and can be found for around $100. Make sense? I do agree that a DX9 compatible card will probably improve the graphics immensely though, but I have kids to feed.

Just a word of advise, guys:

You are all bickering about processor speeds and graphics cards. But the unit that takes the biggest brunt of most MMORPGs is your Random-Access Memory, RAM for short. Take the new EQ for example, that recommends at least 500+ mb RAM. So no matter how sweet a GForce 4 chip you have, and no matter how fast a processor you have, you're fried if you have 128MB RAM. Heck, I'd say you're fried with 256 Mb if there's the slightest memory leak/sink.

Some people even blame their ISP when their MMORPGs breaks down/lags, when it is actually a case of not having enough RAM to cope with the enourmous amounts of data that your computer has to keep track of.

Good thing is, RAM is cheaper than graphics cards! :)

've never played mmorpgs before but I would have thought that the speed of the game depends a lot more on the internet connection rather that the actual PC.

No-oh. Your internet connection IS important. It decides if your computer can receive all the data that the server is sending, or if there will be interruptions (a.k.a. lag). BUT it is not everything. If your computer doesn't have enough memory to conveniently swap that info between the cpu and your graphics card (especially if you have an older graphics card, with little or no memory of its own), then you are ****ed anyhow. So the "speed" (or rather, I'd say, the stability) of the game is decided by:

A) Your internet connection. The most common bottleneck. It decides if enough data arrive from the server to your computer.

B) Your available RAM, because it affects how efficiently your computer can handle the data from the server.

and

C), your processor and graphics card, which affects how fast the data turns from digital numbers to all that nifty text and graphics on your screen.

And well, if any of these three units are below par, it brings the others down with it, ruining the gaming experience. You have to look to the greater whole...

Archived