Home

Requirments?

Ecks_Gecar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some one asked how much a radeon 9700 pro go for.

I got it on pricewatch for 320 and that was about 1 month ago. It might be lower..maybe 300 now.

Building a new comp.

All I got left now is,

New tower..getting that costum job with window on side and the neon green gell inside to act as coolent.

New HD..maybe a 120gig..or 80..not sure yet.

and last thing is, around 1 gig of ddr..the fast one..pci 327..or something like that?

and im done with my new super machine..

Oh got me a little used 21 inc monitor for 200 bucks..from IBM:)

I'm going to be bringing my PC up to 640Meg of SDRAM.

I do have a question though, how can I tell what Graphics card will fit my PC. I have an Intel D850GB (Motherboard) and I was looking at getting a Radeon 9000 Pro 128Meg (I found one for a little over $100). Is this possible? I am also running XP.

*bump*

Sorry bout that.

Anyway, does anyone know how to find out how many pins my Memory card should have, without opening my PC and counting the damn things. ;)

Ah, upgrades blowing....mind......

1.5Gig processor should cut it right? Especially if I bring it up to 640MB SDRAM and with the 128MB Radeon 9000 Pro?

I would be really surprised if not, D_S. However, since the requirements are not released, noone knows.

Myself, I am sitting here in naive anticipation that my p3 800, 384 Mb RAM and RADEON 64mb will be enough for me to play it without having to turn the details options from "glorious" to "crappy".

Darth_S

What do you mean buy Pins on memory ?

If you are using DDR or or SD Ram then they all use 72 pins

The only way ya memory is going to have less is if you are using some thing like a 486 :D

E-mail me if you need any help with it :)

And just becuse i can :D

My system specs ('O' i know i can run this game)

1800 AMD XP

512 MB Ram DDR (Soon to be 1 Gb)

Ti 4800 G-Force 4

1 MB Cable Modem

64 GB (Raid 1) HD

XP Pro + SP1

And my sound card blows ;) (All ya need to hear is BANG,BANG in games any way)

Sorry...I had to Brag :)

But if anyone needs help with upgrades then E-mail me and i will help if i can :D

Anyway, does anyone know how to find out how many pins my Memory card should have, without opening my PC and counting the damn things.

Like Can-Able said, they are all the same.

1.5Gig processor should cut it right?

1.5GHz processor should cut it. ;)

My advice is to get as good as you can get a grafics card as possible, as the optimal is to let the card do all the number crunching off the processor. That Radeon should do it though.

Last, but certainly not least, get RAM. Lots and lots of RAM. RAM as memory, goooood. Harddrive as memory, baaaad. Very, very baaaaad. :D

Also, when you get RAM, be absolutly certain what kind of RAM you've got, as they don't mix very well.

You say you have SDRAM? Is this just regular SDRAM (somehow I doubt it but ... :) ), or is it DDR SDRAM? You need to know this for sure, as they operate in 2 different ways. One uses only half a clockcycle to transfer data (SDRAM), while the other uses the whole clockcycle (DDR SDRAM). So, as you prolly can guess, this would create problems. :D

Oh, and since this turned into a bragfest:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.67 GHz)

256 DDR SDRAM (still haven't upgraded it. But plenty of time :D )

40 GB Ultra DMA-HD

DVD 16x max (read only)

HP CD-Writer 32x 10x 40x (read/write audio/write data)

NVidia GeForce4 MX-420 (yeah, I know it sucks. :D will be upgraded eventually ;) )

1MB Cable Modem

Windows XP Home Edition

And last, but definatly NOT least:

Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 (the only card to have been tested and approved by THX in the world :D )

Accompanied by the Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 digital surround speaker set.

Yes, I'm a sound freak :D

But sound is half the experience after all. ;)

My specs:)

Gigabyte kt 400, agp8x/fsb333 mobo

2700 xp CPU

80gb Hard drive

21inch IBM Monitor

1014 DDR

Raedon 9700 pro Vid card

Sound Blaster X gamer, sound card

cable connection

Windows XP Pro edition

dvd and cdwr

I think I got everything..

I been puting money away from my check every week to save up for this.Last 3 months I started to buy everything. Now all I have to do is get off my lazy butt and put it all together..

I think I'm ready for SWG:)

Oh yeah..forgot the new speakers..still have to get those..gonna have to be big...BIG!

My comput3r is really kewl! It's a big box with buttons and plenty of little holes where I can stick things in (I'm not sure what though...).

It also has a nice tray which extends out of the box where I can place my drinks and beverage containers! I also have a monitor (it allows me to see thingies) and a keyboard (yes I am typing on it) and little gizmo which apears to be a mouse...

I just forgot.... when I open the machine there are pretty green cards and lots and lots of little wires. The funny thing is that when I use a metal object and poke the inside of my machine it makes funny crackling noises that make me giggle.

Seriously I think my machine will hold through SWG ( AMD 2000 xp, 512 DDR 333 RAM, GeForce Ti 4400,...) but I dont think my connection will hold out... (516/258 download/upload) gotta get that upgraded asap...

For whoever asked me what the specs of my comp are here it is in more detail.

GateWay 2002 Millenium Edition

SurfBorad Cable Modem SB4100

Pentium IIII

PC800 Memory

BA7500 Surrond Sound (4) Speakers with Subwoofer

LCD AnaLog Ditigal Display

128MB RAM

256 MB+ (It sounds wierd to me 2 so don't qoute me)

SB Live Ethernet Card (I like the word EtherNet)

Intel 1,400 MHz

Hey i wasjust wondering if you guys think this will be ok to run the game

i have a HP Pavilion 7955 w/no extras

but im getting either ATI Radeon™ 9700 Pro Graphics Card or a BFG Asylum GeForce FX AGP graphics card (which would you get)

and im also gonna get an extra 128-256 MB of Ram

plus i have a cable modem so do you think after all this i will be able to run the game pretty much Lag free. Got any other suggestions(any other upgrades i may need)

Thanx

Archived