Home

Did anyone ever reskin Count Dooku

The Count

Do you mean the one with the black line down the middle of the head? It would be nice to have a cleaned up version cause I really like that Dooku model, but the line just detracts from the time and effort put into it. If anyone did reskin it then I hope they decide to release it cause thats a good model, shame the head had a line in it.

-Klorel

Yeah I guess in a way thats like saying you could do better, where I understand he might not want someone to do a dooku skin of his model since he worked so hard on his, I would hope that maybe he would be willing to take the time to fix some of the glitches himself then.

-Klorel

Originally posted by Klorel

Yeah I guess in a way thats like saying you could do better, where I understand he might not want someone to do a dooku skin of his model since he worked so hard on his, I would hope that maybe he would be willing to take the time to fix some of the glitches himself then.

anyone can release a new dooku skin, however, as long as it's a totally new skin from scratch... no one can do anything about that.

Originally posted by Toonces

The problem is that he just retouched KMan's skin. KMan has gone on record stating that he doesn't want anybody to release his re-touched textures.

Yes that is why he didn't want that i release it...

But because this skin was already "exactly" like

i wanted after some small touch up i didn't have

motivation to starts from scratch...

Well I can understand where Kman is coming from, but perhaps then we could ask him to touch it up then? or maybe this could be a one-time release of a new texture with his permission, cause AJL did such a great job, and it is technically just a touched up version of Kmans, so its not like its still not mostly Kman's work, I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask if enought people wanted it cause its a shame running around with a really good model but that annoying line just ruins the whole thing, If Kman was smart about this he'd realize that getting a touched up skin will increase the popularity of the model, which will in turn make people think, "hey what else has Kman created? I really like his dooku model". I personally have decided not to downloaded great models in the past just because I didn't like their skins, take Aayla Secura for example. The origional skin IMO didn't look at all like the girl from the movie, so someone touched it up and it was nearly perfect, which was released so finally decided it was worth using on my computer. When I downloaded this dooku I didn't know about the skinning glitches, and It was the only decent dooku I had so I kept it, I hopes this skin is released, that would make me a very happy gamer...

-Klorel

....take Aayla Secura for example. The origional skin IMO didn't look at all like the girl from the movie, so someone touched it up and it was nearly perfect, which was released so finally decided it was worth using on my computer. When I downloaded this dooku I didn't know about the skinning glitches, and It was the only decent dooku I had so I kept it, I hopes this skin is released, that would make me a very happy gamer...

-Klorel

Quess who that someone who reskinned Aayla might be :D

Oh yeah! thats right, it was you, I thought i saw your name somewhere before buts it has been a while. Great job, heck, that even backs my point up even further, if anyone should get a chance to release a reskin is AJL, hes good at making the skins look more like the movie version... the irony

-Klorel

Originally posted by ksk h2o

AJL you sound like a pretty good skinner, any chance I can get you interested in helping me out with my model? I need a skinner since I''m quite crappy at it. The model in question is 90% done (only LOD's remain). You can have a peak here

:D

Sorry but i am not very intrested of doing anything big

right now.. and i quess i wouldn't be the best choice

anyway

I wouldn't say that i am very good skinner... actually i

think i am pretty poor one... >I am better as editor<

Well I can understand where Kman is coming from, but perhaps then we could ask him to touch it up then?

I'll go ahead and post the image here (and in my dooku thread), and let whoever is interested save it and put it in the pk3 themselves.

I'm not for releasing updates to models, or beta versions, as that would imply that I would make future revisions to it. And that isn't the case. If I'm done with something and it works, I move on to something else.

I saw no problems when testing it out onmy machine (I think it could be one of the settings that control how/when the mipmaps are made) but as the texture is shrinked by the video card to fit into memory, the accuracy of mapping the texture to the model diminishes, so if I didn't give enough room on the edges of the seams you will see this. This was VERY apparent when running Quake and Quake2 in OpenGL mode. The antialiasing messed everything up on those.

I'll also see if a shader would help as well (might use noPicMip or one of those settings).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived