Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Marz,

Did you see my above post concerning Zam's left hand not holding her weapons right?

I believe the model's left hand was not tagged correctly. The backside of that hand touches the places where the palm of her hand should. This can be clearly seen if you turn on cheats and turn the camera around while she is holding a lightsaber in any stance (although the light stance is the most revealing). This bug is not that big of a deal, but I figured you would want to fix it. ;)

Again, Zam is awesome! Good job! :D

Originally posted by Master Rob

Hey..I was just curious to how you could create a single player file for Zam. I tried doing one, and her veil shows up as grey with white outlines. Untextured, basically. So...I'm clueless.

Piece if cake, Master Rob.

I'll assume you know all about how to replace Kyle with another model. The untextured problem has to do with the fact that turning portions of the model on and off can be done differently in SP and MP. You have no doubt noticed that each skin has a .surf and a .skin file. The .surf file tells the MP game what parts of the model to turn on/off. What you need to do is tell the SP game this information. This is done in the .skin file. Here are the steps:

1. Open up both the ,skin and .surf files in a text editor.

2. We'll start with turning surfaces off. The list after the surfOff command are the surfaces to turn off. Now go to the .skin file and find the entry which has that name.

e.g. If the .surf is: surfOff "helmet belt". In the .skin file, you'll see a "helmet,<directory>" and a "belt,<directory>"

3. In the .skin file, for that entry replace the directory with the word "clear".

e.g. In the .skin file: helmet,clear

Note: if you can't find the associated entry in the skin file, at the end just put "<entry>,clear"

4. Repeat for all the entries in the surfOff command in the .surf file.

5. To turn surfaces on, you do the same thing, except you remove the "clear" and replace it with the directory where the texture is.

That should get Zam working in SP. In my game, I have replaced the rodian snipers with Zam and her sniper rifle model. Looks great!

Thanks, Prime. It worked. At first, it didn't, but then I went and entered the rest of the things, and it did. Thanks a bunch.

Edit: Is there a way to change Jan's default weapon? I replaced Jan with Zam, but she holds the default weapon for Jan. Is there a way to have her work like a Rodian?

Originally posted by Prime

Piece if cake, Master Rob.

In my game, I have replaced the rodian snipers with Zam and her sniper rifle model. Looks great!

Thats cool man. I love to hear people using the model for their own mods. I bet it does look cool. Marz out!

Originally posted by Master Rob

Edit: Is there a way to change Jan's default weapon? I replaced Jan with Zam, but she holds the default weapon for Jan. Is there a way to have her work like a Rodian?

download the jk2editingtoolsv2 from http://www.jk2files.com or http://www.jkii.net. it will include a zip file "SP_scripts.zip" or something. You have to find the scripts for kejim_post (and doom_detention) that pertain to jan and extract them. open them with behaved.exe. add a line, "affect jan" (using the secing "set" command) and say "set weapon...WP_DISRUPTOR"

jan sp;awns twice on kejim, so you'll edit 2 scripts, and once on doom, so that'll be one script. you might also try to edit the npcs.cfg and make her class rodian and all, but i'm not sure about that. my way is more surefire, but it'll take a while and is probably more trouble than it's worth if you're not familiar with scripts or JK2 editting.

Great job Marz!!

That is one excellent accomplishment. I hope you enjoyed making the model and that you make some more. Heh, I'm greedy allright ;)

I'm so glad such a great skinner, as yourself, has been able to learn and now contribute on another scale towards the JK2 editing community. I think that's awesome.

I'm an artist/musician in RL and I got involved in JK2 Map-making for a bit and also started studying 3Dsmax, but never was able to keep the ball rolling in either realm. Thanks for sticking with this stuff. We're so lucky that you and the many others have contributed so much for the sake of fun.

Any thoughts of ANH Princess Leia? (Oooh, shameless request... sorry)

-nomad

May the force be with you

:angel:***News Update***:angel:

Well... "Moooa" has had hardrive trouble, so the new rifle/pistol are on hold. I will start working on the new Zam files sometime in a couple weeks. I want to let the first one get some hits. Love those hits!! BAM! Baby Bam! We may fix the hand tag, but I'm not pushing Moooa too hard. Currently Im working on projects for "AOTC TC". These include a female mandalorian, possibly a new Jango, and the republic gunship. Thanks to everyone who downloaded Zam! I appreciate your support! Mars out!

Originally posted by mort!!!

1.) Do you mean to say that the only problem with sniper ever was that moooa was having HD trouble?

2.) Are you going to fix the left hand tags?

Well, No not exactly... If someone could tell me what the tags are for the rifle, and how to set it up, I could probably get it ingame myself. I cant find any info on weapons exept the sabers. If someone could change the last rifle we did back into a 3D file I could see what was done (since I had someone else get it ingame before).

The hand tags... well I could fix those too, but Moooa has the last file with all the weights and everything. I keep getting file errors when hes sends it. I guess it comes down to getting Moooa to fix it. He will, but I think its not on the top of his list of things to do. I'll bug him about again soon.

Archived