Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

Well I'm starting this post, so I'll stay motivated. I have decided to give modeling a shot (over my skinning projects). I decided to go with "Zam". So far I have started the helmet. This is moving kinda slow since im learning, but I'm dead serious about getting this out! I am trying to get Toonces, or Psyko involved, but we'll see. Any help offered would be appreciated! I plan to skin her, but I will need someone to post Pics here (since I dont have any webspace at the moment). Sounds, Rigging help, just whatever...

Mars out!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's great news!, if you need anything drop me a line.

True there is another Zam model, but i think he's better off doing what he wants to do, this will keep him motivated.

I can host your stuff on my webpage, i've redone the whole site just to show 3D stuff in progress.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

That's great news!, if you need anything drop me a line.

True there is another Zam model, but i think he's better off doing what he wants to do, this will keep him motivated.

I can host your stuff on my webpage, i've redone the whole site just to show 3D stuff in progress.

Heck yeah, I knew you would find this thread. Yeah, i would like you to help me out, If you could spare the time. Especially in the modeling department. I'm not too worried about someone else doing the same model. Past experiance has shown many projects just get dumped. I'm gonna try and find the thread you all are talking about (is there a thread?). Any of you still interested, just stay tuned. I may come back at a later date asking for your help. Mars out!

I can't wait till this model comes out. Take your time, though. Zam's one hell of a character. Her replacing Jan would be kinda cool. And perhaps, like someone else said (maybe in another thread?) maybe her sniper rifle that she used in Episode II could also be modeled. With the some .efx files mixed around so that the rifle actually fires the red bolts, like in the movie. Some sounds could possibly be taken from your local Star Wars: Bounty Hunter game, perhaps. I'm not sure how, I've never taken sounds from a ps2 game before...but..perhaps? She has a lot of dialogue in them. As does Jango. And sniper sounds. Oooh...an idea. Will we have a skin where her face is the more alien looking face that we saw in Episode II? Perhaps a shader could be worked out so that During gameplay..it switches back and forth every so often.

Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

I can't wait till this model comes out. Take your time, though. Zam's one hell of a character. Her replacing Jan would be kinda cool. And perhaps, like someone else said (maybe in another thread?) maybe her sniper rifle that she used in Episode II could also be modeled. With the some .efx files mixed around so that the rifle actually fires the red bolts, like in the movie. Some sounds could possibly be taken from your local Star Wars: Bounty Hunter game, perhaps. I'm not sure how, I've never taken sounds from a ps2 game before...but..perhaps? She has a lot of dialogue in them. As does Jango. And sniper sounds. Oooh...an idea. Will we have a skin where her face is the more alien looking face that we saw in Episode II? Perhaps a shader could be worked out so that During gameplay..it switches back and forth every so often.

I like your thinking! You got some great ideas... I thought about most of your points. The shader thing sounds tough, not sure how to do shaders. I think the alien version could be done. I like the rifle idea, not sure how to implement it. Does anyone have thoughts on this one. Mars out!

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

I'd be glad to help you out.

I might try my hand at modelling if I can get the right software.

I can help test the model for bugs and stuff :)

Good news Mars, bet the model turns out great :D

Hey go and download "G max". Its free! It gives you an idea of what to expect with "3ds max 4" (which is what you really want).

Pros,

G-max is good because it is a lot of power for "Free"

G-max supports many different games

Cons,

As far as I can tell... there is no way to Import or Export other 3d formats. You can't even Export to 3Ds max itself...

and because of that :eek: ... I may have to start Zam over again, good thing I'm not far ;) No problem I learned a lot from "G-Max", so I will probably get a lot done this weekend.

Mars out!

P.S. If I'm wrong about the Import/Export thing... Please someone correct me! It'll save about 2 days of work.

Is Milkshape 3D any good?

I think I've downloaded it in the past; but I always give up on trying to model :D

I messed around with it... it seemed cool, but a lot of people seem to think its like comparing the Yugo to a Ferrarri. It does have a lot of patches, it seems as though you can export to just about any 3d format.

G-max may seem overwelming, but give it a shot! It will grow on you. Mars out!

Milkshape does have a glm importer that makes it interesting to load up existing player models to see how they were done. But Mars is right to suggest gmax over it any day. It's free and you get used to an interface similar to 3ds max.

If you want to make player models however, definitely go with 3ds max. As it's the only one that will allow you to get your model ready for animations and carcass glm conversion.

I cant stress how important it is to build your model around the skeleton found in the raven tools, or better yet, the skeleton with the wieghed tags that somebody released on the modelling forum (way way back there buried deep in the threads). :)

Ok, Thanks to "KSK h2o" we got some screen shots.

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamhelmet.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamhelmet2.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamhelmet3.jpg

I hope you all like what you see, I think I'm gonna have more to show sometime after Christmas... I am stoked, because now I have 3Ds Max. I got tons of Zam pics, and I mean business! This is going to be an awesome model. Keep checkin the thread. Mars out!

Thanks again KSK h2o! Your my man!

Is that your first try at modelling Mars?

They're very damn good :D

Keep up with the good work ;)

Well yeah it is, but I've done sculpture which I think is helping me quite a bit. I am working on the face, which is a more difficult task. I am very excited, and I'm glad I chose Zam as my first attempt at modeling. She a bit of a challenge. Mars out!

Archived