Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

Replacing Jan would be kinda cool. And perhaps, like someone else said (maybe in another thread?) maybe her sniper rifle that she used in Episode II could also be modeled. With the some .efx files mixed around so that the rifle actually fires the red bolts, like in the movie.

Hey, Guess what... I just modeled the rifle. Screens will be up eventually. I dont know how it can be used in the game. Ive never done weapons (cant be too tough right?). We'll see how it comes into play later. If anyone knows how to get a weapon into the game, let me know. Mars out!

Ok heres the screenshot for Zam's rifle.

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zams_riflescrn.jpg

:confused:

I have a target reticule that looks just like the one in the movie. Only problem is... I'm having trouble getting it to work right. As soon as you right click (with sniper rifle) the reticule comes up, but its not transparent, so you cant see any thing. I loaded the shaders that come with the original. Does anyone know how to get this to work right? I need help in getting the model into the game as well. Mars out! :chop1:

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

Ok heres the screenshot for Zam's rifle.

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zams_riflescrn.jpg

:confused:

I have a target reticule that looks just like the one in the movie. Only problem is... I'm having trouble getting it to work right. As soon as you right click (with sniper rifle) the reticule comes up, but its not transparent, so you cant see any thing. I loaded the shaders that come with the original. Does anyone know how to get this to work right?

did you open the normal reticle image? it is the key to success. :)

Originally posted by t3rr0r

did you open the normal reticle image? it is the key to success. :)

well I think so... I found 3 files that are the reticule images.

cropcircle

cropcircle2

cropcirleglow

If I edited them and saved 'em as a Targa 32bit, would that mess em up?

I added effects, shader, and model folders. am I missing something here? If you have messed with these thing, maybe I can send you what I got. Write me at neomarz1@sbcglobal.net

Mars out!

well I think so... I found 3 files that are the reticule images.

cropcircle

cropcircle2

cropcirleglow

If I edited them and saved 'em as a Targa 32bit, would that mess em up?

I added effects, shader, and model folders. am I missing something here? If you have messed with these thing, maybe I can send you what I got. Write me at neomarz1@sbcglobal.net

Mars out!

i'll look into it tomorrow (i haven't actually looked at the reticle images before)... when i'll be at my computer again... i'll let you know if i figure anything out. :)

Originally posted by t3rr0r

i'll look into it tomorrow (i haven't actually looked at the reticle images before)... when i'll be at my computer again... i'll let you know if i figure anything out. :)

awesome, thanks. If this will help...

I found the shader, under "Shaders/effects"

sniper rifle under "models/weapons2/disruptor

Images were under "gfx/2d/cropcircle1.jpg, 2, and glow

Thanks for your time man!:cool:

So there's another zam wesell model :)

No i'm happy to hear that because when i see the skin of mars and when i see his begginning to modelling i think mars will do better job than mine.

When i have begin zam project i think i have time to make her quickly but i have too much work so I can't finish her for the moment, I hope finish the mon calamari model first and after maybe finish zam or maybe make another model.

I will be glad to help you mars in every way

awesome, thanks. If this will help...

I found the shader, under "Shaders/effects"

sniper rifle under "models/weapons2/disruptor

Images were under "gfx/2d/cropcircle1.jpg, 2, and glow

Thanks for your time man!:cool:

did the .tga's you made have transparencies? because i just made a simple crosshair reticle and it worked. http://clan-cd.tripod.com/jk2/reticletest.txt

Originally posted by moooa

So there's another zam wesell model :)

No i'm happy to hear that because when i see the skin of mars and when i see his begginning to modelling i think mars will do better job than mine.

When i have begin zam project i think i have time to make her quickly but i have too much work so I can't finish her for the moment, I hope finish the mon calamari model first and after maybe finish zam or maybe make another model.

I will be glad to help you mars in every way

I may take you up on this. My hands are full, and I just got started. I appreciate your kind words friend. I hope you don't totally give up on your Zam Model, she looks great! Your work is incredible. Mars out!

In the layers section in PS there will be a tab for channels, add an alpha channel to the tga and set the transparency percentage from the channel properties. Depending on what you will pick as your shader blend (alpha or one minus alpha) it will be the black or white regions of the alpha channel that will be taken as transparent. (did I just say something really redundant? or did this help out at all? I thought this was what you were asking but since you are imo one of the best skinners out there I thought you'd know this stuff cold :) ).

Maybe that's it. I have adobe photo shop. What do I need to do? do I just use the transparency tool? Mars out!

well, all you have to do is delete the parts you don't want, or change the opacity of the sections you want to be slightly transparent... and make sure you delete the background layer... since you can't make any parts of that layer transparent.

Originally posted by ksk h2o

In the layers section in PS there will be a tab for channels, add an alpha channel to the tga and set the transparency percentage from the channel properties. Depending on what you will pick as your shader blend (alpha or one minus alpha) it will be the black or white regions of the alpha channel that will be taken as transparent. (did I just say something really redundant? or did this help out at all? I thought this was what you were asking but since you are imo one of the best skinners out there I thought you'd know this stuff cold :) ).

I wish I could say I knew it all, but I am nothing more than a refined artist with just a few tech skills. Im learning thanks to helpfull persons (like yourself)... really thanks! Mars out!

Thanks man! It worked. It was hell, since I tried to save it as 24 bit... because of that it didnt work. It took me all day to figure that one out! I am spent! End result... An awesome reticule that is very close to the one in the movie. I plan to release it with the rifle pack. Mars out!

I trust her sounds and whatnot will be taken from the Bounty Hunter game? And the rifle sounds will be taken from the Episode II single shot? I'm very into this rifle idea...good going with the reticle. Perhaps somehow, someone could make a reticle that could lock on, like the rocket..but also act differently...like..there's a large reticle when you have the rifle...a reticle in the middle..and a circle that is around the middle reticle. perhaps, someone could make it so that the circle leaves the reticle once someone has entered the larger reticle..making it so that they're more noticeable...more of a cool feature than anything, probably.

Glad to have been of some help there... I am basically the exact opposite of you when it comes to drawing skills. I can't even draw stickmen using the mouse, so I have to resort to using every technique available to make my work barely viewable.

:D

Well, Hey I understand where your coming from. We should work together more often ;) At any rate Im grateful that you wrote that detailed advice, I actually could follow it. The only thing that was giving me a problem, was trying to understand what an Alpha channel was even for... now I know! Thanks man! Mars out!

Archived