Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

:D *********EVEN BETTER NEWS***********:D

I just finished the Zam model, Don't get too excited though... It's just the model! Now comes the hard part... getting it on the skelaton, and in the game. This may actually take longer than the modeling process (for me). Its going to be a rough road from here on out! I know you guys will help me (you know who you are). I am excited, and can't wait to get Zam finished. A little early to say this but... Adi Gallia is my next one;) Mars out!

That's awesome! But now for some bad news. Jk2files is down for some reason! O well, guess we'll just have to wait *curses*.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by boinga1

can't see the shots... :(

Sorry forgot the .jpg attachments, Try em again, I fixed the link!

*******Also*******

I Just sent the Zam rifle out again to both Jk sites, They should show up... I hope... If someone want to host the pk3 for download, let me know and I'll send it your way. Mars out!

Originally posted by {BK}SupremePain

same here... um thats great, that the model is done, i assume your going to do the skinning work yourself too, am i correct?

Yep... of course ;). After first release, should anyone want to do a varient of some sort, just let me know. Mars out!

Smooth shaded pics? Sure, but Ive been slamming our good friend "KsK H2o" with screen shots. I'll do that a little later. Mars out yet again!

well dont think a thing like boobs goes un-attended! They arent sagging, they are restricted by the chest plate (almost pushed in). They in (most photos) are positioned just slightely below the shoulder frame. The idea in tho movie was to confuse the viewer into wondering if Zam was a male or female assassin. I will consider your comment, and give it a second look:D I may have positioned it too low.

Why its blocky? Well the game will smooth out the polys (to my knowledge), Right guys? It can be smoothed out in the program, but I just put out the rough screens. Thanks for your comments, Mars out.

The game will do it's own smooth shading (You'll have to put it into the .car file as a command but thats one of the last steps of modelling...) If you want to have an idea how the smoothing is going to look, you can allways smooth objects in max. But you're right, carcass will smooth the xsi all by itself. :D

Very nice models Mars. you're working very fast and very well

Yes carcass will smooth your model but i suggest u to see how your model looks when it's smooth in max because sometimes the smooth is not very good and it's look "bizarre" in the game

And in max you can correct it on moving some points

If you want help for weighting the points i can help you

Just a question how many polygons do you have ? If you haven't too much poly i think you can smooth some area on adding poly

(the back torso under the neck, the veil and maybe add details on her belt) but if not that's looks very good. More polygons you have on the articulations better will be the deformations.

In the model i specially love the head and the helmet they are really realistic.

Oh another point i think that the hand are a little "bizarre" i think that they are too flat maybe make them more curve and i don't know how to say that in english but the little finger is maybe too big and the finger too draw aside. and maybe they are too big

Or make like me use the raven hands they are perfect and i have never success in moddeling hand

Another question do you plan to make a clawdite version?

Hope my criticism are not too strong and that they help you

Just a thought, don't forget to add some lights to the scene.

I've had problems with Ki Adi, things looked fine until i sent him in-game...some weird shadows were "rendered", i had to tweak the meshes to fix the problems.

Since then i'm adding a few omni lights with shadows when modelling, it helps to see flaws and gives a better feel of the surface.

Originally posted by Lord Tnuc

Psyk0Sith, you have a site, could you possibly do the hosting for the Zam Wessel Rifle? I'm sure Marz won't mind letting you host it since the delay with the sites.

Sure, i dunno how much bandwith i'm allowed, but i'll link it to my mirror site too.

Send it my way Marz, or anyone else who has it.

psykopat@geocities.com

Thanks for the interest in the rifle. Those guys at JK2files & JediKnight2 must be busy. I hate it cuz I see new posts all the time. Sometimes I wonder if they just dont like weapon models, but then again... They havent posted every skin I've sent in, so who knows.

So how can you get it? well Ive sent it to our good friend Psyko, maybe he can get it up for download. Mars out!

Oh! One more thing... Once you guys get the rifle, let me know what you think. There will be a version 2, so think of this as beta testing.;)

Originally posted by moooa

Very nice models Mars. you're working very fast and very well

Yes carcass will smooth your model but i suggest u to see how your model looks when it's smooth in max because sometimes the smooth is not very good and it's look "bizarre" in the game

And in max you can correct it on moving some points

If you want help for weighting the points i can help you

Just a question how many polygons do you have ? If you haven't too much poly i think you can smooth some area on adding poly

(the back torso under the neck, the veil and maybe add details on her belt) but if not that's looks very good.

Oh another point i think that the hand are a little "bizarre" i think that they are too flat maybe make them more curve.

Another question do you plan to make a clawdite version?

Hope my criticism are not too strong and that they help you

Your criticisms are greatly appreciated! They are dead on, so I take no offense. I agree with all your points, and I like what I saw of your Zam. I know we have dealt with the same character, and respect your thoughts.

Yes, I would like to add polys, How can I get a count in 3Dmax?

Im only allowed so many for the head, torso, and other parts right? Ive been really carefull about using too many (maybe too carefull?)

I may need your help, I'll let you know this weekend, or next week. I know the hands look funny right now. I more or less just slapped em on. They are going to get more work. I think its important, because they are tough, and I want to do everything from scratch. It's important to me to learn this modeling thing, it's something that ive always wanted to do. Damn its tough!

Also (and anyone can answer this), I ended up with "doubled edges" all over the helmet. How can I get rid of these without deleting polys? I messed it up somehow. Is it really a big concern?

Mars out!

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Just a thought, don't forget to add some lights to the scene.

I've had problems with Ki Adi, things looked fine until i sent him in-game...some weird shadows were "rendered", i had to tweak the meshes to fix the problems.

Since then i'm adding a few omni lights with shadows when modelling, it helps to see flaws and gives a better feel of the surface.

Thats a great suggestion. I'ma gonna do that! Hey by the way, thanks for putting my Ki Adi skin as one of your links, way cool! Now everyone one will know my name Wooohahahahaha! Sorry my ego got out again;) Mars out!

along with the hands I would work on the shoulders and forarms also. The neck leading into the shoulders could be tinkered with, sometimes I model part of the body under the clothing then delete out what won't be seen later. Here's a ref pic you might wanna check out

http://www.fineart.sk/page027.gif

Originally posted by Jolts

along with the hands I would work on the shoulders and forarms also. The neck leading into the shoulders could be tinkered with, sometimes I model part of the body under the clothing then delete out what won't be seen later. Here's a ref pic you might wanna check out

http://www.fineart.sk/page027.gif

I guess the problem I'm having now is aligning The parts to the skeleton and keeping proportions right. The neck is almost too long, simply cuz I'm trying to center the head mass with the bone. how close do they need to be? I'm curious how Psyko handled this with his Yarael poof model (with long neck). The skeleton should be pretty straight forward (one would think), but the raven frame seems a bit odd. This may sound dumb cuz I'm just getting into the skeleton, but what's with the burst of bones coming out of the front of the skull section?(if they are bones) Mars out!

Alright i got the rifle up on my site, sorry i didnt check my e-mails, i was busy fixing Ponda Baba...argh.

****Download Zam's rifle by Marz!!!!***

...This may sound dumb cuz I'm just getting into the skeleton, but what's with the burst of bones coming out of the front of the skull section?...

i think you mean the facial bones? hehe yeah that looks scary but its pretty easy to weight, just dont start there.

i usually start with the feet and end with da fingers (the worst part).

You dont have to follow the skeleton 100% to deform the mesh correctly, just as long as you follow the structure you should be alright.

Yarael's neck uses 1 bone for the head movement, so i applied 100% influence on the skull and part of the neck, the other half (down) got 50%. Dunno if that makes any sense to you.

Good luck with the weighting marathon! :D

Archived