Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

:D***** More good news!*****:D

Moooa is now working out the Weight issues, It sounds as if he is moving along fairly quick. I cant wait to see what happens. He was originally going to do Zam, so I am actually very lucky to have him help me with this one. I guess you could say that we are "Team Zam" (along with others who have helped). Mars out!:D

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOD's are a breeze with polychop and and the renaming script for 3ds max.

You should do LODS AFTER the model is weighed.

Sorry I couldn't weigh the model for you, I have my hands quite full right now, and weighing/exporting into game is a lot of boring work.

Let me know if I can help with anything else though... :D

Originally posted by ksk h2o

LOD's are a breeze with polychop and and the renaming script for 3ds max.

You should do LODS AFTER the model is weighed.

Sorry I couldn't weigh the model for you, I have my hands quite full right now, and weighing/exporting into game is a lot of boring work.

Let me know if I can help with anything else though... :D

Polychop? where can I get that?

more... Oh hold on I found it, but it doesnt seem to work for my version of MAX. Do you have a pluggin that works for 3DS Max 4?

:D****More News****:D

Just finished Zam Rifle VM2

1) improved textures

2) Modeled with Targeting computer, and Barrel pin.

3) Still reworking the Targeting Reticule (last one too cartoony) The Next one should be dead on, Since now I have actual photo shots of the reticule from the movie!

Screens should be available here soon!

Only bad news is that now I have no one to import it into the game for me. I know it cant be hard, but I cant find any weapon tutorials. If someone knows how to get a weapon in game, let me know. You could be a member of "Team Zam" (sounds good eh?)

Mars out!

Originally posted by morphius_doh

Nice work on the rifle. Are you going to re-work Zam's face so that it's not so squareish and the skin complexion is more realistic?

Well, the face may look square in the shot I provided, because it's a view from slightly below/center. If you were to see the model straight on, it would'nt look quite as bad. Zam does have a slightly sqaure jawline, the model was worked over actual scan profiles of the actress. These were taken from http://www.zamwesell.com. I think they were used to make the action figure. If you have a straight-on, and a side profile photo, you can develope a very accurate model. I am also a little high on the Polys

The Head is at 466 Polys

The Helmet at 252 Polys

The Comms gear at 336 Polys

Total: Just over 1000 Polys for the head alone.

I really dont want to add to much more for the Jaw, I tried moving the verts to get rid of the squarness, but it looks even worse when I play with it (simply cuz I put too few verts). I guess I'm making a long point here... I will try to do something, but my options are limited. I will probably add a more realistic skin texture as well. It's tough with female characters, because they have such smooth skin. Male characters are easy because you can add skin lines, defined bone structure, and wrinkles (just look at my Ki Adi VM).

So my final answer, yes I will do something for both the issues you mentioned. I know this may sound like I'm on the defensive, but I just wanted to show you my 'train of thought". Both the things you said I pretty much already questioned myself. So they are valid points. Sincerely Mars

The model, rifle and Zam's ship (last time I saw it) all look fantastic, Marz. Can't wait for the release! :)

BTW, Hellfire, why didn't you ever get back to me on beta testing? I sent you several emails and PMs with not so much as a word. Never going to you for beta testing again... :mad:

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

:D****Zam Rifle VM2 screens****:D

Here they are! Hope you all like what you see. Thanks again to KSK H20 we got screens

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamriflervm21.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamriflervm22.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamriflervm23.jpg

http://www.talocan.net/mars/zamriflervm24.jpg

Mars out!

:rifle1: :rifle1: :rifle1:

whoa that looks much better. :D

:angel:*** New Update***:angel:

I just got done talking to moooa, He says that the weighting is moving along well, Maybe a Friday deadline. I am going to do a lot of extra things before the model gets released, And possibly a few surprises that have not bean mentioned on this thread! I still have not found any one who can help me with the new rifle! It's ready, but I have no idea what I need to do to get it ingame. I will look at the saber tutorial, but I'm sure it's not enough info for a rifle. Some things I talked about with Moooa, are things that will make the model even better. Moooa is pushing me to do even more things that will benefit the model (which is what I need at this point). He is making adjustments that will improve the model even more! I think everyone should be pleased! I even plan on making some more facial adjustments! I did a few tests this morning with the Jawline. I think I can improve the square jaw issues that were previously mentioned. Stay tuned, because you should see great things coming in the following 2 weeks! Mars out!

Originally posted by adillon

wow marz, all i can say is that with moooa pushing you along and helping you out, this model will be pure and utter sweetness.

keep up the great work!

I agree! The cool thing with this model is that it has so many different attachments, that skinners will have a field day making whatever characters they want. I didnt really want it to be that complex at first, but moooa made a handfull of suggestions. The end result is that I will have some great variations on release! Mars out!

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Does this mean we'll be seeing 'Beach Zam with inflatable shark prefab?' :D

Is the filesize going to be a little large, if it is, you could release the skinpack add-on seperatly. ;)

Sounds good though. :)

Yeah I think its gonna be a monster! Not a bad suggestion, I certainly will consider that! Mars out!

Here's more screenies. :D

Zamclawditeskin.jpg

Zamclawditeskin2.jpg

Zamclawditeskin3.jpg

-------

Just some quick observations; It looks great. :)

From what I can remember the Clawdite looked more 'puffy' in the facial structure and cheeks. Is this currently a reskin of the Zam face? I think it would look better if you modified the head of the Zam model specially for the Clawdite version, but otherwise that is some excellent skinning. ;)

curve.jpg

zam.gif

From the pictures shown above; Clawdite's face's look like it's been run over by a truck. :D

I don't know if you want to make the eye's misplaced, as seen in the first image above. I think that might be because Clawdites recieve pain from changing form making it hard to do, but when Zam was dying, it made it hard to keep shape, so the eyes went crazy. :)

Originally posted by boinga1

yeah, you've got to remodel that. the nose is like stretched out, like a hunt animal's or something, with nostrils in front, not on bottom. the cheeks r puffier, and the jaw and nose stick out more.

Yeah I agree with both your points. I am a little limited at this point due to the fact that I'm modeling off a segment. I can fix this though. Mars out

Hehe, the desert gear looks good. You can tell the eyes have been staring at the Sun. ;)

Just a quick observation; Zam's thigh, is it meant to be that big? It seems to go a little larger than normal from ankle to hips.

I don't have reference pictures, but I'll see what I can find. :)

Archived