Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:angel: :angel: BIG NEWS! :angel: :angel:

Zam has been weighted (still a little more work), but I just ran it through Modview, and its very awsome to see Zam animated for the first time. A big thanks goes out to Moooa! He has been hacking away, and it reallys shows! Should have some screenshots coming soon! This is an incredible moment, and things are looking really great! The finished model is now coming on the horizon. We plan to do some polishing, so that Zam can be at her best on release. Stay tuned! Mars out!

Dang Hekz that was quick! Screens are up... Thanks Man!

Well I still need to finish the LODS, sounds, and skin varients. I can get through those fairly quick. I just put Zam ingame, and she looks great! I will need to change colors a bit, since the game renders everything lighter. Between me and Moooa (work monsters) I knew it would move along. I told him to take a break, since I know he was working like crazy. I am a little tired myself, but I want to get this done, so I can think about the next project. Mars out!

it looks like tha skirt is going to be very tough to weigh without clipping.

The skeletal animation is very poor for models which have robes/capes/skirts. I hope mooaa doesn't go crazy in trying to get the skirt perfect with no clipping in any anim frame. :D

Originally posted by ksk h2o

The skeletal animation is very poor for models which have robes/capes/skirts. I hope mooaa doesn't go crazy in trying to get the skirt perfect with no clipping in any anim frame. :D

Actually, I'm not sure what Moooa did, but the skirt looks great!!! He even added the veil hanging in the "Unveiled position" and guess what? "No Clipping". I shortened the veil, because I was afraid that would clip. He made it the right length, and there doesnt seem to be any clipping.He seems to have it all together pretty well. I was concerned about the clipping issues in the begining, but Moooa has shown me that you can figure these things out! I think youll all be pretty impressed. Mars out!

Originally posted by t3rr0r

i was wondering... have new sounds been captured for the disrupter replacement?

I'm glad your asking about this, Yeah the sounds are in place! I even got a good charging sound effect. Only problem is that I cant find anyone to get the new rifle ingame. I know I can probably get it in, but I have no way of importing a glm into max. Once I can do that, then I'm sure its no big deal. I cant use milkshape, cuz I expired my trial. I know its cheap, but it would take to long to get the program for this deadline. I'm trying though. The rifle is what makes Zam, and I would hate to backtrack by using the old one. Mars out!

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Marz,

You think you could give us a little beta of Zam? If you got ICQ and you wanna talk about this here is mine 330902605. AIM is MkStoughton I will be on but only if you get on within the next few minutes....

*EDIT* I would post her up on my site *EDIT*

Well, I want to do Beta tests, but we need to get the model a little closer to finished. I dont want the model to get leaked out! And Ive seen this happen with the Yoda model. This sort of thing can really make a mess for the first release. Mars out.

Originally posted by inbredyokel

Wow, for your first model, this looks frickin amazing. And all so quickly too...

BTW, check your pm box :)

I read the PM, I tried to get on your site's forum, but had some difficulties. I might be interested. I have some models that you may want to use. Such as Zam's speeder, and a Republic Gunship. I'll get back with you as soon as this model is finished. Mars out :angel:

Originally posted by ksk h2o

I don't go crazy with the weighting of zam, but the weighting of the mon calamari model because i've to weight all the clothes you can imagine : robe, skirt, xwing suit .I past many many many ... times to weight them and now it goes faster for this model. It's funny because all the clothes i weight for many mon calamari models are usefull for the only zam model :)

But I have to say too that the model is very well done and then it's easy to weight. You don't waste time to move the point because of the clipping; for example on ackbar i past some days to test it in modview and to clean all the clipping and for zam it takes me 1 day.

I can only tell you that you will be very impressed by the work of mars

NeoMarz1:

Ive got milkshape registered. If you want, i'll export the rifle to any format u want. Just give me instructions on how.

I've also got some nice sounds from the movie in the Episode II Weapons Pack included with OmniMOD II

Originally posted by NeoMarz1

I'm glad your asking about this, Yeah the sounds are in place! I even got a good charging sound effect. Only problem is that I cant find anyone to get the new rifle ingame. I know I can probably get it in, but I have no way of importing a glm into max. Once I can do that, then I'm sure its no big deal. I cant use milkshape, cuz I expired my trial. I know its cheap, but it would take to long to get the program for this deadline. I'm trying though. The rifle is what makes Zam, and I would hate to backtrack by using the old one. Mars out!

Originally posted by PhoenixOblivion

NeoMarz1:

Ive got milkshape registered. If you want, i'll export the rifle to any format u want. Just give me instructions on how.

I've also got some nice sounds from the movie in the Episode II Weapons Pack included with OmniMOD II

Well ultimately I need the .max file. I dont know if milkshape can export a glm. to Max.. see if you can, If not try glm to 3ds.file. You should be able to access a Import or Export option from the "File" on the menu dropdown. Try importing the glm, then exporting it as one of the files I mentioned. Let me know if you have any luck.

Psyko or H20, do either of you guys know what format I need to get it in Max? Also do you guys know where the Import/Export option is in Milkshape? Mars out!

Originally posted by boinga1

i was goona ask if there would be a pistol-how'd you get the rifle in-game the first time? Or who got it in-game, i guess :)

Talocon was responsible for getting it ingame for me. He is currently way to busy to help this time around. Mars out!

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

Marz: .md3 will work (if you have the max plugin), .3ds, .ase and maybe others.

The import/export option shouldnt be too hard to find, usually under file...and most likely export. Cant remember cuz my MS copy stopped working a while ago.

Yeah, If you got a link where I can get the md3 importer, let me know. I think you sent me the md3 patch a couple of months ago, but I couldt get it to work. I'll just download it, and patch from scratch :angel: Mars out!

Archived