Home

Zam Wesell Project being started

NeoMarz1

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek: ooooooh me like! :D, that's gonna be model of the week for shure when it's released!

I few pointers if i may...she seems to be a bit flat chested, the face is a bit squary and are you planning on modelling the hood or leave it textured? That's all, the rest is perfect!!.

I can understand some parts have lower polycounts given the fact she's got lots of extra polys for the veil, skirt and other accesories!.

How many polys by the way?

That's insane Marz!!

It's great to see someone that's great at skinning take on modelling and succeed there too.

That really looks amazing for a first model. (I mean, it looks really good, regardless... but for a first...)

Congrats so far. Now you've got all that weighting and fun stuff to learn about.

Good luck, I hope you pick it up and enjoy the whole process.

-nomad

May the force be with you

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Here's the screenies:

(8 in all) :)

Excellent work Mars! :D

Thanks for posting Hekx! And thanks to everyone for the great comments. Like I said the model will be tweaked a little more, but for the most part I'm going to move into the next phases. I dont like to spend to much time on one thing, because it starts to feel old. I want the release of this model to feel new to me as well! It's my one flaw (impatience). Mars out!

I have to agree that the face is too square. I think it has to do with the shape of the jaw line. The jaw needs to be angled a little more.

Another thing about the face is that it's either too pink or too pale. What needs to be done is to give her a better flesh tone.

One other thing: tubing, or whatever you call it, needs to come further down closer to the waste. http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/zamwesell/index_eu.html

Originally posted by wudan

Dang - one small question - can we use the model in AotC:tc?

I doubt we'd be able to model it quite as well.

Well, It shouldnt be an issue. Ask me again when it's finished. Mars out!

:D*****Update*****:D

Just finished getting everything back together, I should already have some of the weighting done by this weekend. I guess this means were in the final stretch, but we'll see ;) Mars out!

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

Just a quick question here; do you plan to make more models after Zam? There still isn't a Coleman Trebor model released. :(

Oh, and if you need a picture host, I can host them if you send me the pics. ;)

Yeah I plan on it... Someone else was working out a Coleman model earlier (several posts back it was mentioned). I may do him if nothing shows up in the forums soon! Adi Gallia was my next consideration, but I dunno. We'll see. Whoever I do, it will be someone cool (of course). So just watch this thread, towards the end I will make a decision. Mars out!

****Zam Project Update****

Well, I did manage to get going on the weighting. Only one problem... My PC is giving me major performance problems (128 RAM). It's very hard to weight a model when things freeze up, so I'm looking into getting more RAM. On this point, I'm also looking for someone to weight this model (tilll I get the performance issues taken care of). A lot of my current contacts are working other projects, so we'll see where this goes. At any rate, I have been working on the other skin varients to include Desert, Congo, Tundra, and Night surveilance gear. The second version of Zam's Rifle is being tweeked to include better reticule, and Targeting Computer that was not modeled on V 1.0.

This project feels too huge at times, but it will get finished. Mars out!

What kind of PC you have Marz?

I've got a PIII 1Ghz with 256 MB Ram and a 3D Prophet Geforce 3 running win2k...excellent performance when working on lower poly meshes (a P4 would be even better, but i'm not made of money!!!).

Before you buy more ram, make sure your settings are correct for the viewport. Running on the P3/AMD drivers or heidi is not as good as the Open GL extension of your card...if you happen to have a Geforce 2 or 3.

Do not display textures when working on the weighting...textures can really slow down the performance (depends on the machine too).

Ram could be the problem, but first check your viewport settings.

If no one else can help you, you can count on me, i dont want to see all this hard work (and awesome model!) get stuck at this point, when it is so close to being completed.

Keep chugging Marz your doing great!

I just got my comp working again!!! HOORAY

New motherboard new vid card 128mb of video memory on it :D 655ram w00t

i wish i could give you some marz =/

No money = me =/ But....

When I see people who are good at doing 2 things excellently I automatically think of YOU Marz.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

Keep chugging Marz your doing great!

I just got my comp working again!!! HOORAY

New motherboard new vid card 128mb of video memory on it :D 655ram w00t

i wish i could give you some marz =/

No money = me =/ But....

When I see people who are good at doing 2 things excellently I automatically think of YOU Marz.

Thanks man! that means alot, moooa just talked me into doing LODS. I wasn't going to but I'll give it a swing! Mars out!

Archived