Tired of Yellow-Blue spam

.Templar.

Is Spamming overpowered?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is Spamming overpowered?

• Yes
    • No

When did JK2 go into the gutter?

This game used to be balanced out enough to where if you tried to spam with the super fast blue or with yellow you would easily be smacked down by red, but it has drastically changed.

I dont know how I didnt notice it before but tonight I sat in a duel game just watching everyone, and all i saw was yellow spam on top of yellow spam, then when I got onto the playfield I hit my opponent first with a red slash, then I hit him dead on with a RDFA, then hit him with 2 more slashes, then suddenly his spam got unreal.

Within 30 seconds he had me from 100 hp 25 shield to 21 hp by spamming me with yellow, I didnt attack at all when he was attacking me full blow, I just backed up and faced him all the time yet he was hitting around my defense, needless to say he killed me with his spam the instant I tried to attack, and there was no kicking on that server so I couldnt resort to it.

Mabye I've just gotten worse, but spammers really tear me down fast and i get extremely mad when i get killed by someone who doesnt even seem to know any special moves, it seems all they do after bow is hold down attack and run around aiming in the general direction of their enemy.

Is it just me or is Raven slowly turning this game into a Spamfest?

I'm literally on the edge, if I cant learn good techniques to defeat spammers, or Raven doesnt balance the game out soon, I'll surely quit JK2 for good.

Um...its a game! If they want to fight with just one style or even just one move so be it.

I am so tired of people complaining of "spam" moves in this game. If you use just one type of weapon online in Medal of Honor does that mean that you are a "spam" killer? Or if you stick to one class in rtcw does that make you a spammer?

This is a game like all others. Some people take the time to learn the moves and practice them and others just play for the fun of it and do not worry over lots of the so called "cool" or special moves.

Deal with it and go on or just play another game. NO move is a spam move, all moves are in the game and the person behind the computer can do as they wish.

The only thing I am tired of in this game is that the whiner lever has gone up every week since this was released. Never befor in the history of gaming has a title generated so much total crap.

He fought his way and you fought your way. You died he did not. End of story. There is no one to blame but yourself. Maybe next time you could spam too or run away. The possibilities are endless.:rolleyes:

Sith Maximus said it.

THERE ARE NO SPAM MOVES. Play the game with this mindset while fighting and you'll do better. Trust me, I used to feel like you with regards to special moves, but I learned and moved on.

People are never going to play the way you want them to. Never.

Spamming red against a guy who spams yellow is only lowering yourself to his level.

The guy didn't spam yellow. You just didn't defend well enough against it. Do you think I bitch and whine because I'm losing to a guy that constantly does nothing but red sidesweeps? I thought this game was balanced so spammers like him couldn't win.....

It sounds like you think red is somehow above and beyond the other stances when it comes spamming and justifying it.

There was a time I couldn't defend myself against the "blue spinning top" - the dude that goes whirlwind with blue and somehow wins. Now I've learned to defend against that and at the same time, chop him to bits if he tries it on me.

You are correct that no move is a spam move, but 30 moves chained constantly with no delay and respectable damage is a spam move, and there was no way to "defend" better, you either run away or you get hit - that is completely lame, and I dont think red stance is above any other stances, as I have stated a few times before, the best players I have come across use yellow stance - but they dont spam with it, they wait for openings and pop you when you are not blocking.

To Sith Maximus, I dont think you realize what spam means - using one type of weapon or one stance only does not make you a spammer, a spammer is someone who holds down attack and runs around like a madman showing no sign of skill or training - as far as MOH goes I never played that, but I did play TFC and thats where I learned the word spam, every few games you would have some dipstick running around as demo man throwing his special grenades infront of spawn and into spawn killing everyone the instant they spawned. Spamming is a part of every game, and the only reason I see the level of whiners rising is because the game is deteriorating due to the qualities of players.

And as far as having only myself to blame.. I also had lag to blame :) he had 60's i had 350's

Originally posted by .Templar.

You are correct that no move is a spam move, but 30 moves chained constantly with no delay and respectable damage is a spam move

Yellow is usually only 4 chained moves (5 is maximum, but it's very rare for it to happen consistently). Compare this to the 3 chained moves in red stance, and you'll see you have the better deal. Respectable damage? Yellow is at most 30 - Red is often 100 if you get the vertical chop on your opponent.

and there was no way to "defend" better, you either run away or you get hit

I could say the same for red stance - do you have any idea how tough it is to stay just outside the range of your opponent's huge, arcing sweeps?

In reguard to you saying that yellow can be chained 5 max, once you finish the 5 chain the recovery time isnt even half of a second, not nearly long enough, there are almost no pauses inbetween hits, and indeed you have to move to avoid getting hit by red, but after the red person has swung, they are open for a full second, plenty of time to run back in and swat them, with red you can go in close to hit them at times, with yellow/blue you can not get near them or you will get hit reguardless, and when its impossible not to get hit 2-3 times every time you get close to them 30 damage becomes 90+ damage, very respectable

Heres the thing... If someone spams you over and over and over... and over ...times ten times... and still havent figure out how to counter it or work around it then you deserve to get spammed like that. If some one is restricting himself to just one move, you would gain an immediate edge if you consider teh entire arsenal of soptions at your disposal

To Sith Maximus, I dont think you realize what spam means - QUOTE]

Well yes I know what "spam" is but I think, and always have thought, that the word "spam" is simple bs. To play a game of any kind on a computer in the first person or the third person perspective that involoves guns, and sabers, requires you to repeat moves and or tactics in order to win against another combatant.

If that person just holds the attack button down to repeat a series of moves thats ok. It is that persons choice. As for countering someone like this...well the choices are endless. No saber stance is superior at all times in a duel or ffa.

As for you now saying your 350 ping was the problem, perhaps it was part of it. I know that anything over 150 in this game means that you are going to miss moves and the person will "jump" or clip around you as you fight them.

I am just tired of people complaining of this game and the way people play it. As stated above you cannot make your opponents fight in the manner that you wish them too. They have their own mind and their own choices, thats what makes the gameplay online fun. Or in some cases annoying.

If someone spams kick, lunge, yellow special, red stance, lightning or anything else.....so be it. Its their choice and "complaining" about it or wanting people to change the way that they fight is just plain nuts.

Maybe you should head over to a TFC server or forumn and complain about how people hold down the fire button for their weapons and circle strafe you. I mean come on thats just plain lame! :rolleyes:

See what I mean?

• 1 month later...
Mabye I've just gotten worse, but spammers really tear me down fast and i get extremely mad when i get killed by someone who doesnt even seem to know any special moves, it seems all they do after bow is hold down attack and run around aiming in the general direction of their enemy.

This is the first time I have ever heard someone complain about people NOT using special moves all the time. I thought it was a joke at first. Your ping rate probably had something do with it, but if you are getting taken out by people who are just swinging wildly, you deserve to get killed. Why don't you just get out of the way? The fact they are attacking all the time gives you so many openings it's ridiculous.

There is no shame in not being the best player. After all it's just a game. Just keep playing, and you'll get better. But for crying out loud, don't blame Raven and demand changes just because you are getting whooped by some swinging wildly. It is not Raven's fault you are getting owned. Just look in the mirror, and tell him to keep practicing. You'll be better in no time!

P.S. Red stance is no better or worse than blue or yellow. They are all effective in different situations. Learn to use all three and you'll be much more effective.

P.P.S. If the game really makes you that upset, for goodness sakes don't play it. A game is supposed to make you happy! Play for fun!

Originally posted by .Templar.

And as far as having only myself to blame.. I also had lag to blame :) he had 60's i had 350's

That was probably the biggest problem right there. Okay I WAS going to recommend that you keep your distance so he can't reach you but you could still hit him with the extended range of red. This would be a good tactic with close to equal pings.

But, with ping that bad the disadvantage of using red is you have about one chance to land a hit compared to his two or three, & he may not actually be where you are aiming due to the ping/lag issue. In cases like this I would also switch to blue or yellow & swing like mad because you really don't know where he really is or when he is swinging. You have a better chance of hitting them this way.

BTW, that may be the same reason a lot of these guys were doing that to you too; with the ping/lag difference they can't really tell where you are either & may have been using the same tactic to hit you, wherever you were.

Archived