Home

The Swamp just insnt the same!

Matt-Liell

Swamp loosing its charm?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Swamp loosing its charm?

• Yes its getting worse each day!
    • No its getting better and better

i don't know, it may not be the same but i can't really put my finger on the problem.

only that imo the 'elders' aren't posting much really, leaving the 'newbies' posting the majority of the threads. so we're getting lots of polls, Matt :rolleyes::D , lots of threads that have been done many times before and lots of spammy ones.

maybe i'm way off the mark, i don't know

like i said i can't really put my finger on it

BTW, Matty-boy, i got your PM, and i tried to reply but your pm box is full.

I think that the Swamp is just getting in a little more new fresh meat. There are a lot of new people and they just don't how to act in the Swamp. They weren't show how the place was and how to post. There is more spam here and it's just ridicoulse. It is ok to post some stuff that is fun but lately there has just been a lot of crap that wasn't worth responding. People also need to realize that there are many thread and that there is a thread about everything in the past. There are to many TTT threads in here. There needs to be more quality threads in here instead of junk. We still mess around which is what I think is the heart of the Swamp. We also do need the older members and the more active ones to post more. I remember looking up to people like Rhett, leXX, Padamine, Darklighter, Ab_legion, and Stormhammer.

There needs to be less spam and more quality and thought put into reply's.

:lsduel::duel:

Awwww...what really has happened to the Swamp...there is no real way how to get a higher post count, as the game threads are not working, and the Swamp is getting tinier and tinier because more and more users run.

The days of the Echo Base, FKA (no not f*ka, "formerly known as") The Fellowship, before it went down, were great! There was conversation going on, the game threads were blossoming...but then this Gatty, our Server Admin, came, started purging the server and now Pad's forum is gone :(.

Gatty told me it should have been online yesterday (today is the 20th Dec 2002), but it isn't - my browser is throwing DNS errors whenever I click that link in my favorites...

Many prominent people from here (leXX, Sivy AKA Darth Vader, Hekx,...) said the Base was better. I also say that. No offense to the LF, but it's a bit slow, and people tend to "run away" from the place and then there is no converstion. The Base is small, only two main forums, and you can find all online users are somewhere.

And, another good aspect in the Base: I am maybe going to be a mod ;)

There seems to be some confusion here. A forum doesn't exist to entertain you. A forum is the people who post in it. A forum is only as good as those members who post in it. If you want better quality threads, make them! You can't just sit back and wait for somebody else to make, "neat" threads. No wonder you feel the forum is suffering.

I personally don't think it is. We're merely going through the period where, "the men are seperated from the boys".

I really think that this topic has been reiterated many a time and used to death. We have had many threads concerning the current 'state' of the Swamp. In future, would you please refer to these threads already in use.

As for what is going on in the Swamp at the moment, I can safely say that I do not know, but I can be certain that making threads like this is not helping anything (in my opinion anyway). If you really want to make this a better place to be, then stop worrying about how low things are, and instead put a bit of cheer into this place:)I mean it's Christmas, and we should all be in the mood to make good, interesting discussion threads, which everyone can post in. Let's end this worrying nonsense and concentrate on doing something to restore the Swamp to it's former glory:)

Im not exactly an elder here but i remember back in July when i joined that all of jediknightii forums were good even the swamp in the swamp there were over 40 posts to a thread

A way we can bring this back is to post to newbies threads too because they are important too. Ive seen too many people post on leXX's thread that might not be as good as a nother newbie thread. So i for one think people post mostly in the places were the Big post count forumers are in hope of becoming friends with a mod and then being selected to be one. So if we could pay more attention to newb threads and not so much only 1 or 2 threads it would help our problem.

Id like to thank all that posted on my swamp awards thread because i have never really gotten over over 20 posts on a thread and that made me feel like no one cared or thought i was "Cool" so that thread lifted my spirit:D

No hard feelings leXX or the other high post dudes i mentioned

:wstupid: i mean nothing stays the same.

everything change for the better or the worst. the swamp is still a good place too hang out and have fun.

but its just those newbs who messes up this place up and don't know how to act.

like that time where we had an incident with those people who were rude and making uneccessary threads, making an a$$ out of theirselves.

• 2 months later...

Archived