Home

New screen

Igor S1

Great image, Igor!

It looks so...Disney and Igor-ish.

I just love your art, Igor.

I hope we'll see more wonderful games from you in the future, and man, I can't wait for Ignac2 :D

Originally posted by Erwin_Br

[bWhat engine are you using again?

[/b]

He's using AGS:D

Aren't we, AGS'ers, just lucky to have Igor together with us? :D

Hello again Igor...

Sorry to ruin the happiness, but I showed Bill Tiller the image... (I hope you didn't mind... Don't be mad at me!)

Here's what he said (There's some very critic points, so don't say that I haven't warned you...):

- oh i like it

- it looks more like warner bros except brighter colors

- it is a bit too clean

- I'd like to see some texture or noise added to it. if that isn't there it looks too computer illustrated

- when one paints on paper the paper gives it a grain and the paint does too

- if you just do fill in photoshop it looks to weird too articficial

- he just need to add a subtle patterm, grain or noise to the image and I think it would look even better

- scale is bit off on the manniquin in the window. i would suggest he make the window bigger so that the manaquin looks almost as big as the man

- I thought it was a photo not a window.

- also his character is too dull. he might explore making him bright and the background more muted, rather then they way it is now

- the details in his face blend in too much with his skin color

- it gets lost

- I would increase the contrast on his face more, possibly darken the outline or lighten up his skin color

rippingfrinds.jpg

- this is an example of some inking colors that make the facial features clear

- his style looks a bit like john krisfaluci

- the ren and stimpy animator who now does the ripping friends

Oh.... I still love it, Igor!

Really amazing! :D

Thanks!

Erwin- yes, they are antialiased :)

Jannar: first, thanks for showing it to Tiller. Ok, must confess that intro is already mostly finished and it would be too time consuming to go back and change some things, but thanks anyway :)

Now to write something in my "defense" ;) :

as i said- this is not a scene from a game, it's AVI animation... the whole scene from screenshot is on for 5 seconds and is fully animated, so i found out that additional details on bg would be unnecessary.

Also, that's why the clean look- AVI compression adds too much noise already and most of the details are getting lost anyway (not to say gradients don't look so clean anymore).

Backgrounds for in-game locations are of course more detailed (the ones for cut-scenes/intro were colored entirely in Flash, to avoid Flash's problems that appear with bitmap pictures when you move the camera or zoom).

Agree about outline on character. I intentionaly made lines and coloring more "neutral", but i guess a bit darker lines and brighter coloring would really make his face easier to read.

Anyway, as i said, you need to see it in motion for real effect :)

Oh, and i'd like to say big thanks to Bill Tiller for taking his time to write down those great suggestions. I'm one of his BIG fans!

Originally posted by Igor S1

Thanks!

Jannar: first, thanks for showing it to Tiller.

No problem! We talk almost regulary, when he's not busy. I didn't even ask him to comment it :)

Bill is always helpful. :)

Ok, must confess that intro is already mostly finished and it would be too time consuming to go back and change some things, but thanks anyway :)

That's alright :)

Now to write something in my "defense" ;) :

as i said- this is not a scene from a game, it's AVI animation... the whole scene from screenshot is on for 5 seconds and is fully animated, so i found out that additional details on bg would be unnecessary.

Also, that's why the clean look- AVI compression adds too much noise already and most of the details are getting lost anyway (not to say gradients don't look so clean anymore).

Backgrounds for in-game locations are of course more detailed (the ones for cut-scenes/intro were colored entirely in Flash, to avoid Flash's problems that appear with bitmap pictures when you move the camera or zoom).

Agree about outline on character. I intentionaly made lines and coloring more "neutral", but i guess a bit darker lines and brighter coloring would really make his face easier to read.

Anyway, as i said, you need to see it in motion for real effect :)

Cool, I forgot to tell him all that :p

Oh, and i'd like to say big thanks to Bill Tiller for taking his time to write down those great suggestions. I'm one of his BIG fans!

I'll tell him that! :D

(I'm also one of his BIG fans!)

I can't wait for Ignac2 to be finished. Do you have much left?

Archived