Home

New code of conduct for saberists

Sir Brass

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS is quicker. So's STFU, STFD, GTFO, etc...

Flanders, *sigh* I'm not even going to get into it with you...closedminded individual that you are.

Break, SF will never beat FK, EVER. So put that in your pipe and smoke it!!

Moradivh

Fallenone, I have to laugh in your face. You're being an idiot if you think that's all there is to Promod saber combat. A total idiot.

You went off on me with out even reading the context of what I wrote. I SAID I PLAYED PROMOD LIKE ONCE OR TWICE!!!!!!!!!!! Comprehend it! Christ. I didn't "continuously publicly bash" promod, I GAVE MY GOD DAMNED OPINION! Which I'm entitled too. Give it a rest, I don't like promod, I don't have to give it any other chances, get it through your thick skull. I can say what I want about the subject when someone asks me about it.

Anyways...

Just curious in promod can a guy who never even swings a saber still kill people?

Kind of like in regular JK2 where kicking and Force based attacks are much stronger.

I know the idea behind the mod is to get people to swing the saber again, but I was just wondering if it is really even possible of realistic to try killing someone without using a weapon such as a gun or a saber (Grip/cliff drop deaths are obvious, I mean in general).

BTW in duels a favorite combo of mine is:

Pull-throw-frontal kick*if opponent drops at close range-saber toss on top of head-light stance lunge

What would the damage scale on something like that be in promod or would it even be possible?

I don't want to spoil things for you Homo-..I mean Unnamed Jed1, but...

(Pro-Promodders please correct me if I'm wrong)

1) In Promod you kick with a single tap. The "bunnyhopping kick-whore-strat" won't do much good.

2) Frontal kicks will not make the opponent fall down, but they do some damage depending on your aim.

3) Sidekicks do not cause damage but the opponent might be knocked on the ground (depending on your aim).

4) In promod sabers are deadly. You do not need to do complex combos to finally get the kill with your 7th hit. Also, you might not want to kick someone who is swinging at you. You'll get hurt much worse than he will even though you land the kick.

5) Force powers are deadly but mostly I think they're just tools that you use in order to get a clean hit with the Saber. (Grip as a "stunner" etc.)

Luc Solar is right on the money. If you try to GK anyone that's not brand new to promod you'll be cut in half before you land from your first kick.

It is VERY dangerous to bring someone close to you using grip, bc your saber is down to your side, meaning your defense is down. So as you look down to bring him next to you making your defensive stat even worse since you are not looking at your opponent, the gripped guy can just wait to be next to you and slash you once to kill you and be free. :)

Grip is DEADLY as a stunner move though. Light side's absorb wont save your ass either. If you just tap grip slightly to stun the enemy, they can waste all the FP in the world to turn on absorb when its too late, and get cut down while in stun. Absorb wont do anything to recover from the stun if it's activated after being gripped and wont even absorb some FP if you grip very fast by just tapping the grip key. If the lightie is allready on absorb, just listen... and when the sweet absorb hum goes off, you can grip and cut im in half... then rant away at the console about how people say dark side is weak... or see them curse at you and call you a grip whore. :D

god I love promod

Yeah, GKing doesn't seem to work too good in promod. It's still possible, and you can land a bit of extra damage along with the grip, but you'll never knock em down with a frontal kick, the victim can still hit you with their saber, and he'll usually free himself before any serious damage is dealt. And I'm pretty sure you can't GK using side-kicks, right? So knockdowns just won't happen.

In promod, using the stun-slash tactic hsk h20 described seems to be a better option for grip, if you can do it right. Lazarous is the best GS (grip-slash) spammer I've met so far, but if I frantically jump/push/move back then I can still get away without being hurt... half the time. The other half he guts me like a pig, and I can't do a damn thing.

Anyways, if anyone's still convinced Laz sucks, I'm eager to see if they can GS successfully EVERY TIME they try it. If it's possible then something will need tweaking. But right now I think it's a sweet darkside tactic -- not overpowered but still potentially lethal.

Heh, good answer egg. Idunno what PT is, but I'll assume it's pull-throw. That's another move that made me retire back when 1.03 came out. Good thing normal saber swings in promod are powerful enough to be useful in spite of it. And then there's the crouch option...

Idunno how often crouching is used in 1.04 cause I haven't played baseJK since the patch, but it's a very good tactic in promod. Crouch is one reason why I never use absorb to counter push/pull. It's much easier to hit enemies within range while ducking -- half your swings land below the belt and are harder to block, plus your aim is stronger because you're concentrating on your target instead of running around at crazy speeds.

O'course, the lack of mobility is a severe handicap, as anybody can just waltz out of range and do evil things to you, and any strong downward attack will kill every time. Still, a properly-timed crouch can let you duck under all strafe-swings and most diagonals unless your opponent aims very carefully. Well, that's my experience.

Anyways, the promod discussion is great, but we really oughta get back to bashing Brass for posting an honor code. :)

well...in 'vanilla' it's possible to avoid kicks by tapping crouch as you strafe (of course, you have to take your finger off the strafe button or you'll roll) if you do this fast enough the crouch animation isn't shown and your opponent is still aiming for a standing target. In theory, this should also work in promod...try it and tell me.

Interesting. So it's not a major exploit, but you just tap it on/off during a fight and it gives you a quick invisible duck?

Yeah... think I know what you're talking about. Just did it. Nice trick that. Seems to work fine in promod. Only tried it by myself but I'll use it against somebody pretty soon.

Originally posted by Moradivh

Interesting. So it's not a major exploit, but you just tap it on/off during a fight and it gives you a quick invisible duck?

Yeah... think I know what you're talking about. Just did it. Nice trick that. Seems to work fine in promod. Only tried it by myself but I'll use it against somebody pretty soon.

Tis but another one of my 'secret moves' 8)

8. I will, upon achieving a victory, stand over the corpse of my opponent, look down and quickly tap the crouch button repeatedly. This makes it look as if I'm humping their corpse. This is a noble purpose.

Any code with this exact rule missing is hereby flame material. Thus, this makes the SC, NSC, and this saber code flame material.

/joke off

Originally posted by zerowingzero

You know, i started playing jk2 because of that rule. I remember when i first saw it, i was literatly LMAO, i almost wish the SC wasnt dissolved so the feud could continue.

Dissolved?!?! What server have you been playing on? Every server I go into now has some lameass rule of conduct. My God, I'm banned from so many servers it's not even funny.

Originally posted by zerowingzero

The -SC- is gone, but admins that kick you from their server for not bowing still exist.

Another reason why i don't like duel servers.

Seriously, if you don't like getting kicked for bowing, then bow zammit!

It takes, what, less than a second to look down for a nod and you're both set to go. Amazing how much stubborness can inflict on your choice of servers.

Archived