Home

Mara Jade Released...

Edward Peretti

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does geometry detail have any effect of the fps? just wondering.

Yes, it's mostly depended on the graphics card though.

also, how do you change jan into mara in singleplayer? or how do you spawn her?

Well, changing Jan into Mara would require some editing (open npcs.cfg in the ext_data directory in assets0.pk3, and then find the jan entry and change her playermodel to "rebelmara"), it's heck easy to spawn a friendly Mara though. Just start/load a game, activate the console, write "devmapall" to enable cheats, and then write "npc spawn jedimara" (you can also replace "jedimara" with "rebelmara" if you want her with a blaster rifle instead of a lightabre). The game gets a lot more fun fighting aside lovely Mara :cool:

-Remi

I have no problems with the model, and it works really well on JKII's maximum settings. :cool:

FYI, the taunts DO work, but only on JediMod/JediPLUS... because of that multiple taunt business. If you aren't running either of those two mods, then you'll get no taunts.

The skin plays really well, and I've tested under the highest performance specs JKII can muster--and it doesn't have any problems. I'm using my new computer, so I forgot how to enable MP dismemberment--so I can't test the caps right now.

I was really hoping to use the Agent_of_Evil skin as the Red skin, and use the other two as Blue skins, rather than have recolors... That should be easy enough to do myself, but I don't know how. If someone could instruct me, it'll be dandy. :)

no wonder no one is getting the "gap in the arms" problem. you guys are all using the game on its highest settings. i dont have them on the highest settings so it was doing it to me, i changed the settings higher and now she no longer has arm problems. i think it was what that one guy said a couple posts up (sorry i forgot your name) he said that geometry detail or something needs to be on its highest. since you all seem to be using the game on its highest settings anyway you are not encountering this problem. if i had enough money to afford a new comp that could handle the higher level settings then i would get one, but seeing as how i dont i wont, so there.

Originally posted by EmperorJello

I forgot how to enable MP dismemberment--so I can't test the caps right now.

dl the rikimaru thingy *dunno if its model or skin* and use him and kill a bot *or person*. dismemberment should occur then. thats how i got it to work atleast...

edit: sorry mest, didnt know that. WOO HOO!!! 1st post on 2nd page! WOO!!! DO THAT AGAIN!!!

Originally posted by Mest

no wonder no one is getting the "gap in the arms" problem. you guys are all using the game on its highest settings. i dont have them on the highest settings so it was doing it to me, i changed the settings higher and now she no longer has arm problems. i think it was what that one guy said a couple posts up (sorry i forgot your name) he said that geometry detail or something needs to be on its highest. since you all seem to be using the game on its highest settings anyway you are not encountering this problem. if i had enough money to afford a new comp that could handle the higher level settings then i would get one, but seeing as how i dont i wont, so there.

:sigh:

Not quite, my friend, not quite. The only components that would need replacing would be your video card. Of course, one is assuming that the rest of your system could keep up with a newer video card.

I have an ATI Radeon 9000 Pro, with 128 mb of video memory. I wanted the godly Radeon 9700 Pro, currentely the best card on the market, but my motherboard lacks an AGP 8x socket. By the time the GeForce4 FX comes out, I should have a suitable motherboard.

Ah yes... the pleasures of a 500mhz Double Draw Rate video card. :D

Hey all!

Well hope you're all enjoying christmas. I managed to find internet access, so I couldn't resist the temptation :D

Yay! She's online :) cheers Toonces. Thanks for all the praise and input on the model. I'll look into that gap problem with the arms. I never really tested her with lower settings. I think the problem lies where the arms cut off, nearer to the elbow. The auto geometry reduction could be messing it up. Still, I'll look into it when I get back.

The taunts only work with jedimod/plus. I'm not sure if there's a way to make them work automaticaly without jedimod, but I'm pretty sure there isn't. Alot of the other sounds work nicely in single player when you spawn her as a jedi.

Sorry to all those with lower spec computers. I only had high specs in mind when I built her, but keep posting those bug reports (if you find anymore) and I'll see if I can fix them.

Seeyall later,

Edd

Thanks for the great model Ed. The best looking female model so far.

About the taunts. You can rename "taunt1" to "taunt" to get them to work in the normal game. Most models have "taunt". "taunt2", "taunt3" etc.. . It should still work in Jedimod after that.

I guess the default taunt is just named "taunt".

Good job on the SP sounds as well. I really like those.

The model is pretty much perfect as I see it. If I'm going to be picky, my only complaint would be that it's kind of odd that when Mara gets cut in half she may say "Why can't I ever get a break", I think having characters say something when they die is a wee bit cheezy and out of place.

And yeah, one more complaint, I want a topless skin for the model :xp: *ducks from the incoming flames*

Otherwise, the model is pure perfection. The best model for JO out there.

-Remi

(wow, my forum rank has increased from Bantha Fodder to Jedi with the new server change, the new server must like me :p )

Hello Edd,

First off I'd like to say that this is the best female model I've seen for JK2 so far, truly outstanding. I don't know if anyone has noticed but the only slight bug I can see is a minor clipping problem.

I use model view to see the characters ingame and see if their textures work correctly or if any changes I make to a model come out right and also to see them from the front well. In yellow stance, Mara's left arm clips through her chest...right through her left breast. I know many people don't see Mara from the front, and so far it hasn't been noticeable when fighting against her bot, though these usually use red stance when I fight them.

In any case, I thought you'd like to know in case this is a simple weighting problem and can be fixed easily, if not then I suppose it isn't too big a deal.

Thanks again for this fantastic model.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Glad you all like the model.

Archonon: cheers, I noticed the clipping. I noticed that Jan has the same clipping also. So I disguarded it.

I forgot to mention that the agent of evil player skin has no red / blue skins. I only intended her as a ffa player.

Finaly I fixed the arm gaps problem for you guys playing in low/medium detail geometry. I'll send the file off to toonces. The problem was that the low/medium geometry setting is based on the model's LODs. Most models don't have LODs so on lower geometry settings, the model's poly count stays the same. Some weights around the arm gaps were loose on maras LODs 1 & 2, so I fixed them up and voila! no more arm gaps :)

Archived